Windows 10: Analysis and mitigation of L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF)

Discus and support Analysis and mitigation of L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In January 2018, Microsoft released an advisory and security updates for a new class of hardware vulnerabilities involving speculative execution side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Analysis and mitigation of L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF)

Read more: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...al-fault-l1tf/

:)

Brink, Aug 15, 2018

2. OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Rob dB Win User
    Mitigation not enabled

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is enabled: False

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is disabled by system policy: False

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is disabled by absence of hardware support: False

BTIWindowsSupportEnabled : False

BTIDisabledBySystemPolicy : False

BTIDisabledByNoHardwareSupport : False

So what I can gather by this is that the system mitigation is disabled, however not by policy or absense of hardware, so in a nutshell, windows doesn't want to enable it for some unknown reasons. Unlike others who have the mitigation disabled due to absense
    of hardware support mine is apparently completely software related.

So I'll ask you guys, how do I enable the protection?

Hardware support for branch target injection mitigation is present: True

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is present: True

As you can see both hardware and software support it.

Rob dB, Aug 15, 2018
  4. T-L-C Win User

Health and Fitness App Analysis functions not working

I didn't know about that weblink. I've had a look and its the same as the app for me. Lists every single thing, but all the side panel totals say 0 even though everything is listed on the individual lines, and then all of the week and month totals and graphs
    are 0 - for both diet and cardio. Useful to know about the web version though.

I think you're right - if both versions are broken then the fault has to be something in the design of the whole thing and not just the app.

Like JGarris says, if everyone who has an issue posts here then maybe they will listen and fix it!

T-L-C, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Analysis and mitigation of L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) - Similar Threads - Analysis mitigation Terminal

2. BSOD mitigation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD mitigation: My pc started Blue screening today and after eventually removing 3/4 of my RAM sticks it seems stable but wanted to get some eyes on a few dumps for clarification as IO've been having intermittent problems for a few weeks now....
  3. BSOD mitigation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD mitigation: My pc started Blue screening today and after eventually removing 3/4 of my RAM sticks it seems stable but wanted to get some eyes on a few dumps for clarification as IO've been having intermittent problems for a few weeks now....
  4. BSOD mitigation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Security Mitigations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Mitigations: Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just...
  6. Security Mitigations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Security Mitigations: Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just...
  7. Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -...: Welcome to this mess! I upgraded a PC to Windows 10 Pro this week, and am unable to add printers due to apparent corruption of the Print Spooler. Event viewer showing the following Application and System errors. I have performed the following to try to resolve Ran the...
  8. Minidump analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump analysis: I kept my laptop open to download a game and when i came back to see the progress found myself on the waiting screen of windows 10. At first i thought they were random restarts related to he windows update. Then i found some minidump files. Below you can find the link of my...
  9. Mitigating the last "L1 terminal fault" vulnerabilities - possible or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mitigating the last "L1 terminal fault" vulnerabilities - possible or not?: Hello, So I have a 8700K and MSI Z370 with the last BIOS (and also the last, and necessary microcode update - see picture). I have installed the OS patch (Windows 10 x64). Yet the PC is still vulnerable, I can't figure why. This is from the perspective of a normal...
  10. Spectre mitigations in MSVC

in Windows 10 News
    Spectre mitigations in MSVC: Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities, called “speculative execution side-channel attacks,” that affect many operating systems and modern processors, including processors from Intel, AMD, and ARM. On the MSVC team, we’ve reviewed information...