Windows 10: Analysis paralysis - trying to decide where to move TO, from Off 2010

Discus and support Analysis paralysis - trying to decide where to move TO, from Off 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am fed up with Outlook 2010. I need to move/migrate/upgrade to something else. I know this forum is Windows oriented, but I might consider... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Ltripreno, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ltripreno Win User

Analysis paralysis - trying to decide where to move TO, from Off 2010

I am fed up with Outlook 2010. I need to move/migrate/upgrade to something else.
    I know this forum is Windows oriented, but I might consider non-Windows alternatives...like Google apps or other apps.
    I have Office 2010 and Outlook 2010.
    My main Outlook uses are: Email, contacts, calendar
    I run primarily on a HP laptop running Win 10.
    I use an app called AkrutoSync to sync calendar and contacts to the native apps on my Android phone and tablet. Works pretty good!
    I use K-9 mail on my Androids for email. Works pretty good!
    My email is my own "personal" domain... L: [email protected] Hosted by Blue Host Using IMAP.
    I also have a Gmail account, but do not use that much.
    I run Chrome browser.
    I mostly use Excel, some Word and rarely Publisher.
    This is strictly personal use. We are retired.
    Once I switch, I will switch my wife as well.

So, it seems that Office 365 would be a good choice. O 365 apps on PC and Android...everything in sync. Really? What cautions do you have in this scenario? Sounds too good to be true!
    Maybe Office 2019 would work, as it would be similar...PC based.... to what I have now. But expensive?
    What about going all Google? Google email, contacts and calendar. Google docs for Excel, Word
    Last choice...least likely...piece together independent apps to handle the chores.

One question I have, other than the ongoing use of the apps, is what happens to all the ARCHIVED emails in my archive.pst file? How do I keep/access them...if necessary.

It is a major decision and I want to do my best to get it right the first time.

Sorry this is so long. I assume, once I decide on where to move to, I can find the needed migration steps/tools.
    Feel free to point to any existing conversations on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I am leaving in a few days for a month, so I will not actually make a decision until early October. Gathering knowledge at this point.

:)

Ltripreno, Aug 27, 2019

2. OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Aug 27, 2019
  3. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Analysis paralysis - trying to decide where to move TO, from Off 2010

Slow Windows 10 Boot After Office 2010 mass update

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall Office 2010 and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel.

• Click on programs and Features, right click on the Office and
      uninstall it.

• Now try reinstalling it again and check.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Analysis paralysis - trying to decide where to move TO, from Off 2010

1. Analysis paralysis - trying to decide where to move TO, from Off 2010 - Similar Threads - Analysis paralysis trying

2. How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010: I have a new computer with Outlook 2007 in use for years with folders containing emails from dead relatives and friends that are very important to me. Can someone guide me in how to transfer those folders containing the emails to my new computer with Outlook 2010 please....
  3. Where are the executable files for Office 2010?

Where are the executable files for Office 2010?: Build 19041.804 I have Office 2010, and I also have WordPerfect X7, when I installed WP I'm sure I said to use it for the Office .docx and .xlsx files. Now I'd like to change that but I can't find the location of those files. Start/Microsoft Office/right click...
  4. Are there any programs similar to Acronis "Try and Decide"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any programs similar to Acronis "Try and Decide": Try and Decide is an accessory program from Acronis True Image that protects drives and HOLDS CHANGES MADE TO THE COMPUTER UNTIL ONE IS READY TO DISCARD THEM. It's protection persists with the changes and survives multiple reboots until one gets out of Try and Decide mode...
  5. Trying to Use Microsoft IME 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Use Microsoft IME 2010: Does anyone know how to use Microsoft IME 2010? I have Microsoft IME 2010, and I do not know how to use the software exactly. 157660
  6. headset decided to disconnect from the pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset decided to disconnect from the pc: I get a message saying scan my drive or usb how do I scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb/1d979c35-f1c3-4a01-92e9-075058703c76
  7. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10: Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook! None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred. Am I missing...
  8. Move Office 2010 from one partion to another

Move Office 2010 from one partion to another: Is it possible to move Office 2010 from Windows 8 on C:\ to Windows 10 on E:\? 98550
  9. Move Office 2010

Move Office 2010: I have 3 partitions with Windows 7, 8 and 10 installed. Office is installed on Windows 8 and I want to move it to 10. Office has 3 installs and I have used 2 and want to save the last one. Will moving from Window 8 to 10 eat up that last install? 99112
  10. Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide

Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide: Clean installing Windows 10 and have both Office 2010 and Office 2013 available and your thoughts on which should I use. I have been running Office 2010 on my systems and mainly basic use of Word and Excel. Also x86 or x64? Also would my files created with Office 2010 have...