Windows 10: Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

Discus and support Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Slow pages lose users: research from Bing and Google indicates that delays as small as half a second can impact business metrics. To build fast sites,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

Source: Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, May 10, 2016

2. How to use Windows Performance Toolkit to analyze slow startups

Hello,

I just installed the Microsoft Performance Toolkit for Windows 10 because I have a very slow startup and I wish to analyze it to understand which service/app/process is responsible for that. However I ma not
    sure how to use it. My understand is that I have to start a trace by WPR, reboot, stop the trace, and use the analysis tool (WPA) to get trace data in a graph format.

Can anybody, please, publish step-by-step instructions to do that? I tried to use the Event Manager to troubleshoot the startup but it is not easy to understand if an error originated other errors or is originated
    by another error. Not all errors have to be fixed. Sometimes, fixing an error, remove all the errors it originated. So I would like to have a look at startup to understand if some process is responsible for time delays.

Thank you in advance.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

donnieclark11, May 10, 2016
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    How to use Windows Performance Toolkit to analyze slow startups

Reference Microsoft Performance Toolkit information on all aspects of kit are contained in link below, if you R/click on the references further info is provided;

Windows Performance Toolkit

You have a learning curve ahead of you!!!!!!

Shilohbob, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

1. Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit - Similar Threads - Analyzing website performance

2. Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...: So i just found on my windows recommended tab "the one that you have when pushing the window button" that these 3 things is just installed recently added on my pc though i have nothing to do with it...
  3. Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...: So i just found on my windows recommended tab "the one that you have when pushing the window button" that these 3 things is just installed recently added on my pc though i have nothing to do with it...
  4. Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Performance Toolkit: Hi there,i have a problem trying to create a log file using the Windows Performance Tool kit and gpuview.I've been havins some erratic behaviour with regard to my GPU 1080Ti clock speed and my work programs Autodesk Revit & AutodcadBasically the card has been upclocking to...
  5. Windows Performance Analyzer question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Performance Analyzer question: This morning I downloaded and Microsoft immediately installed "Windows Performance Analyzer" on my laptop to see how well my system is behaving on startup. The problem is that I do not know how to use it. Something produces ETFs that the analyzer reports on, but I don't know...
  6. Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer: I'm trying to figure out why one of my computers is snappier than the other when they both have virtually identical hardware. These two Windows performance tools seem like a good way to go, but they present the user with a daunting quantity of data. I'm starting with...
  7. Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?: My Dell desktop PC is intermittently slow -- especially waking up from sleep. I've checked everything I can think of, but found no obvious culprit. I just used Windows Performance Recorder to generate an ETL file, and I loaded it up in Windows Performance Analyzer, and it...
  8. Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this fast-paced world, delays as small as a second can impact business metrics. So, a thorough analysis of performance characteristics likely causing these delays is essential. Windows Performance Analyzer offers valuable information in this regard. The...
  9. Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash: Hey everyone, So I've never posted before, but wasn't sure where to go next. Corsair isn't really helping on their customer support, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of this none the less. The short story is, I got a new keyboard as a gift (Corsair), but I'm...
  10. Windows Performance Analyzer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Performance Analyzer error: I've been trying to run Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze a trace to resolve slow boots. The version of the ADK I used to install the Windows Performance Toolkit is the latest one, for Windows 10 1803, as I'm currently on 17134.81. After running the Windows...