Windows 10: And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago.

Discus and support And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/johnnewburg [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johnnewburg, Mar 25, 2020.

1. And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago.

/u/johnnewburg, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Xzibit Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Octopuss Win User

They made it part of the WU client then, or it's two different things doing the same. Too bad you can't download it separately.

Octopuss, Mar 25, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago.

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago.

1. And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago. - Similar Threads - thought fixed update

2. I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,: heyal,anyone know how this worked?thanks~ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-thought-there-was-a-way-to-get-sound-while-in/dce1b25f-fe1c-483f-9e70-5ba81e4a4d35
  3. I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,: heyal,anyone know how this worked?thanks~ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-thought-there-was-a-way-to-get-sound-while-in/dce1b25f-fe1c-483f-9e70-5ba81e4a4d35
  4. Windows typing things that I said a while ago?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows typing things that I said a while ago?: I’ve been dealing with this problem for roughly 6 months now, and its one which annoys me to all hell. In the midst of games, I start typing random things uncontrollably, and the things I type are repetitive. It acts with the scroll as well, however it never messes with...
  5. Is there a way that I can search for a thread I created a while ago? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way that I can search for a thread I created a while ago? Windows 10: I again have a problem with the photos in my slideshow looking as if the system has 'zoomed in' i.e. they're larger than they should be and their borders have been cut off. I'm pretty sure that I created two threads on the problem and that in the latest one someone replied...
  6. I installed some language packs a while ago...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I installed some language packs a while ago...: I wanted to uninstall them, but some things kept in the computer like voices, I have reinstalled the languages packs but when I go to voices the "Remove" button is grayed out, how do I completely remove all language related stuff and just keep mine?...
  7. Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I uninstalled this photo viewer months ago, but windows is still detecting it as a choice when I select "Open with, Choose another app". Nothing happens when I select it, but it is bothersome regardless. Is there anyway to locate where the file my pc is...
  8. A while ago i bought minecraft now i dont have it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A while ago i bought minecraft now i dont have it: I had the java and was able to claim the free gift code for Minecraft windows 10 edition and I had it claimed on 9/21/2017 but when I look for it again I have no idea where it is I have looked all over but cannot find the game. It keeps telling me to buy it but I should have...
  9. Just a Thought I will share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a Thought I will share: As most of you know I have had some issues with Windows 10 and I believe that I was the cause of all of them. I removed stuff that I did not need, tweaked things, and so forth. I now have a clean running machine that is faster than it ever was. I have done the Following:...
  10. Windows updates even thought disabled.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates even thought disabled.: First off I run Deepfreeze on my 3 computers here at work. About 2 weeks ago I disabled this and installed the newest windows updates. After a couple reboots to make sure there were no more updates I disabled windows updates again in services, rebooted, turned deepfreeze back...