Windows 10: and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense

Discus and support and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; what is a folder named con even doing here anywaysPOW!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Surah Spider, May 26, 2024.

1. and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense

what is a folder named con even doing here anywaysPOW!

:)

Surah Spider, May 26, 2024

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, May 26, 2024
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 26, 2024
  4. topgundcp Win User

and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 26, 2024
Thema:

and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense

1. and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense - Similar Threads - did folder named

2. and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    and if you did have folder named con, it wouldn't make any sense: what is a folder named con even doing here anywaysPOW! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/and-if-you-did-have-folder-named-con-it-wouldnt/034b76e0-3e9a-4d66-b1d7-135deb744507
  3. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  4. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  5. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.: I can't go through any exe and system files in local disk C Windows folder, can't even do cmd and powershell run as administrator. It always says 'make sure you typed the name correctly'. I can't even open task manager or regedit or any administrator privileges, and also...
  7. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.: I can't go through any exe and system files in local disk C Windows folder, can't even do cmd and powershell run as administrator. It always says 'make sure you typed the name correctly'. I can't even open task manager or regedit or any administrator privileges, and also...
  8. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.

9. Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?: I built my current PC about 10 years ago. It's always worked well but is now showing it's age and slowing down. I have Win7 and love it but I know it's not a great idea to keep using it with discontinued MS support. I'm building a new one in the next 6ish months but I'm...
  10. A fix that does not make sense

A fix that does not make sense: My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the configuration process before it opens. It seems as there are a few different ways to fix it. One way was to go to Control Panel...