Windows 10: @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!

Discus and support @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, newbie here, first time post. I am in UK, and have standard UK keyboard on my laptop, I've been using windows 10 fine, all keys on keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shearclass, Nov 29, 2015.

1. @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!

Hi, newbie here, first time post.

I am in UK, and have standard UK keyboard on my laptop,

I've been using windows 10 fine, all keys on keyboard working as they should.

However, I recently set up a separate log in for my son. Linked teh accounts with microsoft family filter etc. I've got everything working fine except that the @ key and the " key have swapped over! So I need to press 'shift' and '2' to get the @ sign.

I've tried to change everything I can find that is language or region based to UK, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

This is driving me bonkers! Please can someone help?

Many thanks

Neale

:)

shearclass, Nov 29, 2015

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Nov 29, 2015
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Nov 29, 2015
  4. Mc Ruff Win User

@ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!

In the notification area do you have the Language Bar showing. It should appear as ENG.

If you click on that you may find that there is an extra US keyboard showing as well as the UK English input. If there is just delete it

Mc Ruff, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Hi Mc Ruff

No thre is no language bar in the notifications area. In fact, when i've gone through the guide here: Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums there doesn't appear to be a language bar. So I'm not doing very well.

I have checked and on my account, the US language is not installed. On my son's, it is installed. I high light it, click remove, and it disappears, but as soon as I come back to that page, it has reappeared. I guess this may be the problem, any way to permanently delete this?

To check I am in the right place, I've added a screen shot.

@ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help! [​IMG]

shearclass, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What do you see if you click on Options at far right?

Ztruker, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Main screen, and each option screen, shown below. So frustrating this, must be a simple fix.

shearclass, Nov 30, 2015
  8. @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!

Apologies one of those screen shots appears to have been put on there twice

shearclass, Nov 30, 2015
  9. comtrjl Win User
    After you make any changes, do you always click on 'Save' at the bottom of the window?

comtrjl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

@ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!

1. @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help! - Similar Threads - keys swapped son's

2. Family Safety Settings is a mess, please help save my sons Christmas

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Settings is a mess, please help save my sons Christmas: I do not have much hope as after a ton of researching I see this has been an on-going problem since 2014-15 from many posts I have found while searching the community. Got a new acer laptop with windows 10, Christmas eve I set it up and downloaded some games. During the setup...
  3. Family Safety Settings is a mess, please help save my sons Christmas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Settings is a mess, please help save my sons Christmas: I do not have much hope as after a ton of researching I see this has been an on-going problem since 2014-15 from many posts I have found while searching the community. Got a new acer laptop with windows 10, Christmas eve I set it up and downloaded some games. During the setup...
  4. My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.: Every time I type in a number key that is not on the numpad, it comes out as a different number. When it's supposed to be 1234567890, it's 1678923450. I tried multiple methods that did not work to fix it....
  5. Assigning a PC to my son's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Assigning a PC to my son's account: My son just built a gaming laptop and I would like to add some parental controls to it. The problem is that when I look at the devices connected to his account in the family tab on the microsoft site his PC is not listed under his devices, which he is logged into. However...
  6. Swap Accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Swap Accounts?: When I first purchased my laptop I created my Microsoft account using a gmail address. Within the last couple of years I signed for an Outlook email address. I would like to make better use of the Outlook account and use it to sign into my laptop and close the account...
  7. Swapping keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping keys: This problem seems almost bizarre. Since I installed a wireless mouse and re-paired my keyboard and mouse I've found that highlighting a single file within a folder and clicking ATL+A to select all the files in the list no longer works. Today I discovered that the function...
  8. My ALT and Windows key swapped!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My ALT and Windows key swapped!: When i press the ALT key on my keyboard it does the job what the Windows key does. And when i press my Windows key it does the job what the ALT key does. So basically my Windows and ALT key switched and i dont know how to switch them back! submitted by /u/fancy187 [link]...
  9. Please Help - Windows Not Booting After SSD Swap

Please Help - Windows Not Booting After SSD Swap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/J-Peezy24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iimldk/please_help_windows_not_booting_after_ssd_swap/
  10. My son is a idiot. Please help!!!

My son is a idiot. Please help!!!: Hi guys. I got my son a pc for his birthday. All is well with it. But in his infinite wisdom he has decided to put a password on it. Shortly after he has forgotten the password. I’ve pressed shift on startup and reset the computer and removed all files. But it still asks for...