Windows 10: and this morning my C drive told me it was full!

Discus and support and this morning my C drive told me it was full! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi everyone, and thank you so much for having me here and reading me. I'm working on a film. using all kinds of software, this morning suddenly, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pif, Aug 3, 2021.

1. PIF
    pif Win User

and this morning my C drive told me it was full!

hi everyone, and thank you so much for having me here and reading me. I'm working on a film. using all kinds of software, this morning suddenly, there was something weird and my software didn't open normally. then I noticed, bitfender couldn't open normally either so then I tried running the windows troubleshooter but I only got some error messages. i also tried updating my system and that's when I noticed a warning letting me know that my C drive had 0 bites available. now, i'm pretty sure, that wasn't the case before. I tried checking if I had some backup versions of my system, but there were none. so I can't revert to anything. I tried erasing some software, but it wouldn't let me do so, claiming that there wasn't enough space for that; so then I just phisically took some application files and put them in the trash after rebooting a few times. I followed the advice of some people I read on interent, telling me how to fix that troubleshooter issue using various little codes I entered precisely. all that did make some difference and I managed to re-install bitfender. and get my software to work again as well, as get the troubleshooter to tell me there was nothing wrong. but, i'm not convinced that's true. first of all, i would have noticed for sure if there was absolutely zero space. and then i've also lost loads of preferences all around the place. and bitfender that had stopped working. and the whole system running incredibly slow. I've read a few posts with this same issue, but luckily (for them) they had a backup older system to restore from. I don't, not sure why, but i don't, regretfully.. i wonder if someone could possibly help me figure all this mess out. that would be very kind

:)

2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. and this morning my C drive told me it was full! - Similar Threads - morning drive told

2. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  3. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  4. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  5. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  6. C drive full.

C drive full.: I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I can't see my specific question answered. My 250gb SSD C drive is nearly full. I cloned it to a 1TD SSD but it created a partition on the new drive of the same size as my current drive so didn't help at all. I couldn't...
  7. my c drive is full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my c drive is full: my c drive is full is any way can I extended ? or because of c drive full I have to buy another laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-drive-is-full/b39ce971-4972-4adc-b95c-fcfb2d8acf82
  8. C- Drive full

C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...
  9. the C drive is full

the C drive is full: i'm still having a full C drive full how do a clean it the right way I tried every thing and nothing happens so I don't know what to do can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-c-drive-is-full/d13c1f4b-9169-4cc4-bdbf-1c848864735a"
  10. Being told my C drive is unavailable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Being told my C drive is unavailable: I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would be wiped unless I pressed the button. I didn't press it, instead doing a ctl-alt-del and restart. Everything seemed fine on...