Windows 10: Android connection

Discus and support Android connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to cnx Android fone to PC to capture new feature "Squint" . Do not see phone on devices list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Linda(help), Oct 12, 2018.

1. Android connection

Trying to cnx Android fone to PC to capture new feature "Squint" . Do not see phone on devices list

:)

Linda(help), Oct 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 cannot connect toInternet via Android Hot Spot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information you provided this is only happening if you are connecting to an Android WIFI Hotspot, which implies that this could be an issue with the android system. To help you resolve this, please follow
    some recommended troubleshooting steps below:

• Connect to Android WIFI Hotspot and perform the following troubleshooting provided through this
      link.
    • After performing all the steps, you need to consider contacting Samsung support since the issue is only happening if you are connected to network from the Android.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Oct 13, 2018
  3. can't connect with android

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

There was a time when the only way you could share files between your
    Android
    device and a Windows computer was by using a USB cable. These days, there are wireless options available that make it easier to share files. One such option is

ES File Explorer
    , a powerful
    Android
    file manager. ES File Explorer helps you manage the files on your local Android device. Starting with version 3, however, LAN support was added to make it possible to share files with a Windows PC over Wi-Fi. To
    share files between your Android device and a Windows PC using ES File Explorer, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Create a shared folder on your Windows PC. In our example, we'll name it, "Android PC share." Make sure the permissions are set for read/write access.

Step 2: In ES File Explorer on your Android device, tap the globe icon in the upper-left hand corner, then navigate to Network > LAN.

Step 3: On the menu at the bottom, tap "Search" to look for available network shares on your LAN. If you don't see any, make sure that your Android device and the Windows computer are connected to the same local network
    and try again. If successful, you should see your Windows computer listed with its IP address.

Step 4: Tap on the icon for your Windows PC, then enter your Windows username and password.

Step 5: After your shared folder appears, you can begin sharing files back and forth using ES File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Android connection

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Android connection

1. Android connection - Similar Threads - Android connection

2. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  3. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  4. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  5. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  6. Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity: I have an MS SP8 running Win11 23H2 - all updates up to date. I'm trying to use Bluetooth to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S21+ running Android v 14. Both devices pair with each other and show each other in their respective Bluetooth device lists. When the laptop is first...
  7. Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity

Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity: I have an MS SP8 running Win11 23H2 - all updates up to date. I'm trying to use Bluetooth to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S21+ running Android v 14. Both devices pair with each other and show each other in their respective Bluetooth device lists. When the laptop is first...
  8. How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?: Hi, I want to connect my android device to the Remote Desktop from my Local system via USB. I have tried all the possible configuration, but still it is not connecting in Remote Desktop, but it is connecting in Local System. Kindly help me to connect my device to a Remote...
  9. How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?: Hi, I want to connect my android device to the Remote Desktop from my Local system via USB. I have tried all the possible configuration, but still it is not connecting in Remote Desktop, but it is connecting in Local System. Kindly help me to connect my device to a Remote...
  10. How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?