Windows 10: Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess

Discus and support Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; An academic study that analyzed 82,501 apps that were pre-installed on 1,742 Android smartphones sold by 214 vendors concluded that users are woefully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess

Read more: Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 27, 2019
  2. farlex85 Win User

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Mar 27, 2019
  3. JunkBear Win User
    Looking to secure my privacy

Don't synchronized your phone with Google first of all. It means that you put pictures, contacts, calling and other stuff through their servers. Doing it means you accept that they access your infos for"national security" reasons. So basically it means you just give them the OK to spy in your things and send it to the NSA. Dropbox is also monitored. If they want your phone register they just ask to your phone company. If you own an Iphone you screwed because there is no privacy settings and send most of your stuff through Apple servers. If u own Android then you must be sure that Google isnt synchronizing your things. Also look for apps in Android that says "Allow this app to access your private files, contact list and text messages". So to protect your contacts in Android you can synch them with Google mail making a save of phone in google but it give them all infos on who you know. In case someone in your contacts make a shit online then you are automatically related to him/her and they start monitoring you. The best is to not put in Dropbox, google or any other place like that. Secured servers my ass because they access all your things and monitor it.

JunkBear, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess

Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess

1. Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess - Similar Threads - Android ecosystem pre

2. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  3. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  4. No Pre-installed apps on windows

No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  5. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  6. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  7. Pre installed apps

Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  8. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  9. Open letter from 50+ organizations about Android pre-installed apps

in Windows 10 News
    Open letter from 50+ organizations about Android pre-installed apps: Privacy International and over 50 other organisations have submitted a letter to Alphabet Inc. CEO Sundar Pichai asking Google to take action against exploitative pre-installed software on Android devices. Dear Mr. Pichai, We, the undersigned, agree with you: privacy...
  10. issue with pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    issue with pre-installed apps: most of my microsoft apps like store,movies and tv,help,groove music,calculator etc are not working and not opening at all. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-pre-installed-apps/ccaf6ea1-8172-47ea-88ac-90e08d0a85cf"