Windows 10: Android File Explorer cannot open shared folders from Windows 10

Discus and support Android File Explorer cannot open shared folders from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please read all the information before providing answers. Surfacebook 2 tablet with Microsoft Dock, tablet and dock ONLY, no keyboard. Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by barrygb54, Mar 3, 2020.

1. barrygb54 Win User

Android File Explorer cannot open shared folders from Windows 10

Please read all the information before providing answers.

Surfacebook 2 tablet with Microsoft Dock, tablet and dock ONLY, no keyboard.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A, CAN access shares on my desktop Windows 10 PC, and on my Surface 4 tablet. It can also access the shared folder on the Surfacebook 2 built-in 256gb drive. The folders for the 4 shared drives can be seen, but NOT opened in the file explorer on Android. My other Windows machines CAN access all the shared drives on the Surfacebook 2. It is NOT a permissions / sharing issue.

I suspect it is a dock issue, I do not have the Surface Book 2 keyboard to test by attaching a USB drive to it, but, as stated, the Surface Pro 4 has an external USB drive attached that can be accessed via the file explorer have tried several different file explorer apps on the Android.

Any ideas?

:)

barrygb54, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
  3. cannot open shared folder on android

Luke

Thanks for that.... the sharing I had done correctly

the android is still not connecting...

but i think the issue is with the surface connection to the wifi network... that is very very weak and i need to figure out how to get it back again...

georgeszubinskime, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Android File Explorer cannot open shared folders from Windows 10

cannot open shared folder on android

Hello George,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing today. I know a bit about android, so I may be able to assist you further. Please let me know if you have the folder set to be shared with everyone.

To do this, please follow these steps on your Windows PC:

Step One: Navigate to the file you want to share.

Step Two: Right click > Properties > Sharing Tab

Step Three: Click share button.

Step Four: Type "Everyone" and click add.

Step Five: Click share.

Now, on your android device with ES Explorer installed, follow these steps:

Step One: Open ES Explorer.

Step Two: Go to the LAN Share Screen.

Step Three: Tap "New".

Step Four: Tap "Server"

Step Five: Leave the domain field empty, and type the IPv4 Address of your computer.

TIP: YOU CAN FIND THIS BY TYPING ipconfig INTO THE CMD OF YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER

Step Six: If your shared folder isn't password protected, then tap anonymous. Otherwise, enter the username and password for entering Windows.

You should now be able to access your shared folder.

I will be will be standing by, so if you need any assistance, just let me know.

-Luke B.

Luke Blevins, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Android File Explorer cannot open shared folders from Windows 10

1. Android File Explorer cannot open shared folders from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Android File Explorer

2. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10: The following message is displayed:"Windows cannot find 'shell....{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  3. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10: The following message is displayed:"Windows cannot find 'shell....{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  4. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?: Hi,How can I access in File Explorer this OneDrive public shared folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhBd_jsyzaBgYEkJ7iSGCqoUK2XNA?e=kKawIHI can see it online after entering the password. But I do not see how to access it from my Windows 11 pc. Regards...
  6. Cannot share files, folders or drives in Network (in Explorer)

Cannot share files, folders or drives in Network (in Explorer): Even though I am the administrator for my laptop an pc which are networked via ethernet I am refused permission to share files, folders or drives. That is is in spite of the fact that I have connected the drives, and created the folders and files. I have enabled sharing for...
  7. I cannot see my Windows 10 shared folder on Android file manager's network folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot see my Windows 10 shared folder on Android file manager's network folder.: My pc and android are connected to same private wifi and the pc discovery and file sharing is turned on but I cannot find the folder on android. I tried accessing manually by ip, username and password but it didn't work either. submitted by /u/9TeenTwenty1 [link]...
  8. cannot open onedrive folder windows 10 explorer from application

cannot open onedrive folder windows 10 explorer from application: Onedrive is working fine and it syncs appropriately. However, it does not open the PC folder. When I click on the app button to open the PC onedrive folder windows 10 explorer it gives me an error message in Italian : "Si è verification un problema durante la visualizzazione...
  9. cannot open file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot open file explorer windows 10: i have seen many posts on here about windows 10 and how it creates problems opening file explorer. i, too, am having problems. i have done all the suggestions found here and elsewhere and am currently trying to downgrade to windows 8.1. i went to microsoft and downloaded...
  10. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders: I have 2 Windows 10 pc's, Windows 1709 ( OS Build 16299.125,both up to date. One of them has just developed a problem with File Explorer being very slow opening folders after the first one has been opened. If I open Documents, on the first try, it opens immediately, but...