Windows 10: Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network

Discus and support Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1st post from complete novice. I updated my Lenovo Yoga 730 to latest win10 1909 I think and now can't connect to my Android phone hotspot. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arthurf, Nov 15, 2019.

1. arthurf Win User

Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network

1st post from complete novice.
    I updated my Lenovo Yoga 730 to latest win10 1909 I think and now can't connect to my Android phone hotspot. I tried to connect to my wife's Android hotspot as well without luck.
    All the solutions for "Cannot connect to this network" you on the Web require the removal of the network adapters to then a reboot to force a reinstall. My concern is they are not specific about what adaptor nor will it allow a new download.
    Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify. I use the hotspot on my Android phone to access the internet. I do not have any other internet access. I this was working OK and now it does not. It coincides with the latest win10 update but may not be due to it. in

:)

arthurf, Nov 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 cannot connect toInternet via Android Hot Spot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information you provided this is only happening if you are connecting to an Android WIFI Hotspot, which implies that this could be an issue with the android system. To help you resolve this, please follow
    some recommended troubleshooting steps below:

• Connect to Android WIFI Hotspot and perform the following troubleshooting provided through this
      link.
    • After performing all the steps, you need to consider contacting Samsung support since the issue is only happening if you are connected to network from the Android.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

Hello Tim,

We'd like to know if you can connect other devices to your Windows 10 PC. Make sure to set a network name and password on your PC mobile hotspot. Please follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot.

In the meantime, I suggest that you run the built-in troubleshooter for Network adapter. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button > type Troubleshoot and open the
      Troubleshoot settings.
    2. Under Find and fix
      other
      problems, select Network
      Adapter
      then, click Run the troubleshooter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 can't connect to Android 5 WiFi Hotspot

Hi,

This issue on between your Windows phone and Android Lollipop may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you connect your Windows 10 to the hotspot, we suggest that you check this

article
    and perform the steps given on it.

Meanwhile, since you mentioned that all drivers are up to date, we suggest that you try to
    install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    You may also refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps can also be
    applied to Windows 10)

Let us know if any of these worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network - Similar Threads - Android hotspot cannot

2. Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot: My Windows 10 Pro laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network, despite connecting to school and hotspot networks. Other devices: laptops and my phone can all connect to my home network. I have tried a network reset, updating drivers, the troubleshooting program on...
  3. Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot: My Windows 10 Pro laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network, despite connecting to school and hotspot networks. Other devices: laptops and my phone can all connect to my home network. I have tried a network reset, updating drivers, the troubleshooting program on...
  4. Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Android hotspot to Windows 11 connection fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android hotspot to Windows 11 connection fail: I always was able to connect my Android hotspot to my laptop for connectivity when traveling. Did this for a year with no problem traveling to several countries. It however is suddenly giving me a "cannot connect" prompt on my laptop, even asking for the hotspot password...
  6. Android hotspot to Windows 11 connection fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android hotspot to Windows 11 connection fail: I always was able to connect my Android hotspot to my laptop for connectivity when traveling. Did this for a year with no problem traveling to several countries. It however is suddenly giving me a "cannot connect" prompt on my laptop, even asking for the hotspot password...
  7. No Internet Connection - Hotspot from Android Devices

No Internet Connection - Hotspot from Android Devices: Hi All, So recently i experiencing that my Wi-Fi has no internet access from Hotspot Android Device. Other Devices Phone/Laptop that connected to my Android Hotspot has no problem with network at all. Then these actions are what i did if that happened; 1. Sometimes in...
  8. can not connect android to my mobile hotspot

can not connect android to my mobile hotspot: i use internet cable on my laptop but i don`t have wifi in my room. that`s why i use the mobile hotspot but now my phone cant connect to the hotspot. my phone keeps on saying that it failed to obtain IP address. i have tried a lot but nothing is working....
  9. Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network

in Windows 10 Support
    Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network: 1st post from complete novice. I updated my Lenovo Yoga 730 to latest win10 1909 I think and now can't connect to my Android phone hotspot. I tried to connect to my wife's Android hotspot as well without luck. All the solutions for "Cannot connect to this network" you on the...
  10. Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot: Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue: I went to settings and activated the hotspot; The hotspot address being transmitted is recognized by my Android mobile phone; I select the hotspot address...