Windows 10: Android not connecting to Windows via USB

Discus and support Android not connecting to Windows via USB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's the scenario: I connect my Android device ( running on Android 9/Pie) to PC (on windows 10) via USB. It connects to windows (confirmed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Masudul_Labib, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Android not connecting to Windows via USB

Here's the scenario:

• I connect my Android device ( running on Android 9/Pie) to PC (on windows 10) via USB.

• It connects to windows (confirmed by sound of connection) and starts charging.

• I go through the USB options on phone and switch to 'File Transfer' option. Now the Windows gives a sound of disconnection.

• Despite the disconnection 'sound', I can see my phone as portable device along with other drives. I can also find it in the device manager option, in the portable device option.

• In different tutorials regarding flashing custom roms on Android, they always show the phone should be on 'Android Device' category, but on my PC there's no such category. My phone shows up as portable device.

• When I check in CMD prompt, to see if the connection has been really established, it shows, it hasn't connected.

• As a result, de-bloating or custom rom installing softwares aren't detecting the device at all !

• I've tried almost every popular "ADB driver not installed" or "Device not detected" tutorials but no results yet. On pc, all the drivers ar updated. On Android, developer mode, USB debugging, all are enabled.

As the final resort, I'm seeking help from redditers. I hope someone has the solution to this issue.

submitted by /u/Masudul_Labib
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Masudul_Labib, Aug 1, 2020

2. Computer no longer connects to phone via USB

My Windows 10 computer suddenly stopped connecting to my Android phone via USB. The phone will charge from the computer, but not connect. The phone can still connect to another Windows 10 via the same cord, so it's not the phone or the cord. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

littorinaR, Aug 1, 2020
  3. JPL41941 Win User
    Download via USB Cable, Android to Windows 10

I'm trying to download photos from my Android phone to Windows 10 via USB cable. Used to be super easy with W7, but seems impossible with W10. Any suggestions?

JPL41941, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Android not connecting to Windows via USB

Download via USB Cable, Android to Windows 10

I have a new Samsung Model # SGH-I337M Android version # 5.0.1 .

puzzleist66, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Android not connecting to Windows via USB

1. Android not connecting to Windows via USB - Similar Threads - Android connecting via

2. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  3. Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable: the android device is not detected on my phone. Using Google's ADB CLI, I was unable to list my phone.The phones does not allow USB tethering the option was disabled.Using developer mode on Android, with USB debugging turned on does not change anythingThere is no sound on my...
  4. Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable

Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable: the android device is not detected on my phone. Using Google's ADB CLI, I was unable to list my phone.The phones does not allow USB tethering the option was disabled.Using developer mode on Android, with USB debugging turned on does not change anythingThere is no sound on my...
  5. Android USB connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android USB connection: I've got a new phone Pixel 6 and it is failing to connect to WIN 10 properly. It is listed as an unspecified device and Windows reports that my ADB drivers are up to date. I am using the same cable that worked with my previous phone Pixel 4. But the phone will not show in...
  6. Android USB connection

Android USB connection: I've got a new phone Pixel 6 and it is failing to connect to WIN 10 properly. It is listed as an unspecified device and Windows reports that my ADB drivers are up to date. I am using the same cable that worked with my previous phone Pixel 4. But the phone will not show in...
  7. Unable to connect my android phone via usb.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect my android phone via usb.: hello friends, please help me....I am unable to connect my android phone via usb. While installing mtp device driver I am getting error code 31. What should I do to fix it ? Below Is the Snap..... [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error

Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error: Hello I have a Xiaomi MI A1 android phone , running android version 9 . When i connect it via USB i get an error from my windows about device not being recognized. In the phone settings the option to select what happens when i plug a USB is grayed out Things i have tried...
  9. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB: Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device I received a message that "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)" Updating drivers didn't help here. How to sort it out?...
  10. Android USB connection to Laptop

Android USB connection to Laptop: Recently I've had issues connecting my Android (Motorola) phone to my PC and laptop via USB (and otherwise, for that matter). I'd mostly like to do this to move photos from my phone onto my laptop/PC but also because it's sometimes useful for certain software. When I try to...