Windows 10: Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable

Discus and support Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a smart Samsung android phone and would like to know as to how can I get to see files on my windows 10 laptop,and also be able to transfer them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DalipSingh1, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable

I have a smart Samsung android phone and would like to know as to how can I get to see files on my windows 10 laptop,and also be able to transfer them from phone to my laptop and vice versa.

:)

DalipSingh1, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Tabvla Win User

Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Joe Men Win User
    hi android phone connection

Hello
    Andy

We need additional information for us to isolate your concern about not being able to connect your Android phone to your Windows 10 laptop computer. Please provide the following:

• Are you trying to connect your phone using a USB cable or, are you trying to add your phone in your Windows 10 laptop computer's
      Settings?
    • What error message did you receive while attempting to connect your phone to your computer?

If you are just trying to connect your phone using a USB cable, please try changing the cable.

We will wait for your reply.

Joe Men, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable

Problems Connecting Android Phones to Windows 10

HI all wasnt sure which area to post this in so hopefully this is ok.

I use my laptop mainly for djing and when I do I turn off the wifi as it interferes with the audio software.
    therefore in order to download music on the fly I use an Android mobile phone (Pixel 2 or Samsung s7 Egde).

My issue is that when i connect the phone to the laptop via a micro usb to usb cable or usb c to usb cable the phone does NOT always display on the laptop and therefore I cannot transfer the contents to the laptop.

This happened at 1st with the Pixel 2 and i thought it was just the Pixel 2. Then it started happening yesterday with the Samsung.

I checked the USB configuration on the phone was set to MTP on both phones but still the phone will not diplay on the laptop.

Any ideas?

TIA Bart

bartjunited, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable

1. Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable - Similar Threads - Android phone files

2. Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable: the android device is not detected on my phone. Using Google's ADB CLI, I was unable to list my phone.The phones does not allow USB tethering the option was disabled.Using developer mode on Android, with USB debugging turned on does not change anythingThere is no sound on my...
  3. Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect android phone to windows 11 23H2 Laptop via USB cable: the android device is not detected on my phone. Using Google's ADB CLI, I was unable to list my phone.The phones does not allow USB tethering the option was disabled.Using developer mode on Android, with USB debugging turned on does not change anythingThere is no sound on my...
  4. Bootloader by USB cable through phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloader by USB cable through phone: Can you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootloader-by-usb-cable-through-phone/2b1b3aee-040e-474f-b309-e2fd1071cad7
  5. Bootloader by USB cable through phone

Bootloader by USB cable through phone: Can you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootloader-by-usb-cable-through-phone/2b1b3aee-040e-474f-b309-e2fd1071cad7
  6. Bootloader by USB cable through phone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable: ok so, last week i pull some files from my cp to my laptop and it works, so now idk why it doesnt work, when i tried to connect my cp to my laptop, theres no notification in cp and laptop, like "your device is ready for setup" nothing. OFC 'USB debugging' and 'devloper...
  8. Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable

Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable: ok so, last week i pull some files from my cp to my laptop and it works, so now idk why it doesnt work, when i tried to connect my cp to my laptop, theres no notification in cp and laptop, like "your device is ready for setup" nothing. OFC 'USB debugging' and 'devloper...
  9. Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable: HEY, I BOUGHT ASUS VIVOBOOK GAMING LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 A FEW DAYS AGO. WHEN I AM CONNECTING MY ANDROID PHONE TO THE PC , IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZES IT , BUT CHARGING IS ACTIVATED IN THE PHONE . EVERY OTHER DEVICE FLASH DRIVE , INPUT DEVICES [MOUSE,KEYBOARD] ARE BEING RECOGNIZED...
  10. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...