Windows 10: Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit

Discus and support Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Sir, Madam or anyone, i want to ask I shut down Windows 10 April 2018 Update on my PC using ALT F4, Then select shut down, then OK. Even my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ridho SaputraXT, May 8, 2019.

1. Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit

Hello Sir, Madam or anyone, i want to ask

I shut down Windows 10 April 2018 Update on my PC using ALT F4, Then select shut down, then OK. Even my PC is Shut down (Without getting windows ready, etc), i can keep Charge my Samsung J1 Ace Android Phone when i plugged My phone using usb cable from the CPU usb port. And also, my VGA lamp is on even my pc is shut down.. is that a bug, and why this is hapenning. Sorry my english is bad

Motherboard : ASUS M5A99X EVO

:)

Ridho SaputraXT, May 8, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit :)

Naki, May 8, 2019
  3. t_ski Win User
    $.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit :(

t_ski, May 8, 2019
  4. Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit

Charging Lamp

Ok, so it is not a casemod, but casemods are kinda boring...

I have decided to make something cool and practical at the same time.

Pretty recently I have purchased this desk lamp. It looks very cool for a less than $8 dollar item, but it also has some space at the base of it, so I immediately thought of putting something inside *Eek! Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit :eek:

*42970-7ce06bb8fbd0ed653b8b2aa60af1c09e.jpg* *43009-a269d967f604b238b566169cf0fca0cc.jpg* *43008-23e3a482aa8530d511780915117c0442.jpg*

Also I suffer from insufficiency of space in my office, and because of that there is no elegant or even practical way to charge my phone anywhere near my desk. So I've decided to fix this problem by incorporating the universal USB charger (5W) into the base of my lamp. This way I can receive phone calls without the need to run to another room.

The main idea is:
    - Disassemble the lamp
    - Disassemble the phone charger
    - Make an incision in the lamp's base, to have access to USB plug
    - Mount charger's PCB inside the lamp and solder it's inputs to lamp's input

So far i found a 35V AC converter inside the lamp. Soldering is very flimsy, so the first thing I have to do is fix it(DONE). Also this gives me the possibility to spare my charger and make an "extension" of the built-in PSU.

I have found the perfect 5W PSU on dealextreme. Also they provide female USB connectors, that i require for this project. It is small enough to fit into the base of the lamp and I can solder it to the input V~, bypassing the problem with the power switch.

So, lets begin ...
    TOOLS AND PARTS
    [*] 5W Switching Power Supply
    [*] 74.4K , 49.3K , 49.7K and 42.5K Resistors
    [*] USB Female Connector
    [*] Soldering Iron
    [*] Some insulated copper wire
    [*] Scisors
    [*] Multimeter
    [*] Victim-phone w/ USB cable

Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit image-jpeg.jpg

First things first. Let's figure out how USB charger works.
    Of course you need 5V DC to supply power to your device. This will be provided by our Power Supply.
    Also we need to tell our phone/tablet that it is connected to the proper charging device. For this purpose we have to build a bridge to supply needed voltage to data connectors of our USB connector.
    Here is a pinout for 5W USB charger and a scheme of the bridge:

Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit usb-png.png

Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit bridge-png.png

Of course with my luck I had no such resistors, so I had to replace the whole thing with theoretical equivalent, that outputs 2.043V and 2.755V (which is pretty close to what we need).
    These are pretty much all the parts and tools we need.

*46786-e24fc681327eb43a4f1cd811dcf4b4f7.jpg*
    Once the bridge is put together and soldered to the PSU, we have a working prototype:
    *46787-4566f5e1d69eb23c6ed07e549835660c.jpg*
    The initial testing showed that even with slight difference of resistance on data pins charger was able to push close to 850mA. A complete charging cycle took about the same as from the original HTC charger.

This is what my lamp looks like with USB port installed:
    *46789-844cfbf9d5e5b983e5c96eb48641359e.jpg*
    And the final result with Arduino Nano plugged in:
    *46788-aa737ea09ebd95939bf5da4054234e3a.jpg*

P.S. It's been a while since I've "abandoned" this thread, but it's mostly due to busy work schedule.
    Lamp was finished almost 3 months ago and I've been using it ever since then. It became not only a cool charger that you can surprise(or completely weird-out) someone with, but also a useful workbench PSU for almost all of my small USB-powered devices.

silentbogo, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit

1. Android Phone keep charging and VGA lamp keep On even my pc is Shut Down in Windows 10 64-bit - Similar Threads - Android Phone keep

2. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  3. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  4. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC keeps shutting down: Hello,I have a PC that I want to use for my business. I never had much issues with at home, but after a few days of hooking it at my shop its shuts down every 5-10 minutes on its own. I tried multiple things I have read online and watching YouTube videos. I even tried factory...
  6. My PC keeps shutting down itself!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps shutting down itself!: Yesterday I bought a 320GB HDD and installed Windows 10 Pro on it on my PC. Everything was smooth and good on my PC, but today it shutted down itself without saying and noticing anything! It shutted down like unplugging it while working. I controlled EVERY wire that are...
  7. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps shutting down: For some reason lately, everytime I put my pc into rest mode and after like a few minutes of it being in sleep mode, it just turns off for some reason. It has never done this before and I didn’t touch anything in my pc or bios. Anyone know what to do? submitted by /u/ent1pe...
  8. MY LAPTOP KEEPS ON SHUTTING DOWN EVEN WHEN I HAVE 70% CHARGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LAPTOP KEEPS ON SHUTTING DOWN EVEN WHEN I HAVE 70% CHARGE: so basically my hp spectre (not 360 )keeps on turning off randomly but when i plug it in it turns on when it closes it says Locking.... and then when i plug it in and charge it tells me something about the battery in like a code font and thats it tell me what i should do...
  9. My Windows 10 64 bit operating system keeps shutting down my app and turns off the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 64 bit operating system keeps shutting down my app and turns off the system: My Windows 10 64 bit operating system keeps shutting down my app and turns off the system. When I restart, it has not kept any of my changes - Excel does a recovery. What's causing this problem please?...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...