Windows 10: Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Discus and support Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by estish14, Jul 29, 2020.

1. estish14 Win User

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device is not reporting any activity at all. I have confirmed the 'Report activity' button is enabled in the Family Safety app, as well as giving the app the appropriate permissions. I also installed Microsoft Launcher on the device, but am still not seeing a record of activity. What am I missing?

:)

estish14, Jul 29, 2020
  2. BC555 Win User

Family Safety not reporting Recent Activity

I followed all suggestions on the link provided by Sangeeta Sarkar. Family Safety STILL does not report recent activity.

BC555, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Family safety activity reports are wrong

I have started to homeschool one of my children, and so I was hoping to use family safety to keep track of his computer activity to make sure he is spending required time doing studying.

But the activity reports are completely bogus.

They will show wrong number of hours using the computer, for example, I know he has been working for 5 hours, but activity report shows 1 hr 21 minutes.

So the times in the activity report are complete useless and unreliable.

It also doesn't even correctly show the apps being used either, some will be missing altogether, and the ones listed clealry have wrong times.

Is this even fixable? I know from long and painful experience with all my kids computers that family safety is not reliable and randomly breaks.

Russ Michaels, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

1. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety - Similar Threads - Android phone reporting

2. Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps: I have Family Safety installed on my daughters Android phone. When she opens some apps, namely Calm and Libby, Family Safety automatically kicks her out of her phone and brings her back to the Lock Screen. This only happens with these two apps that I can tell and I don't have...
  3. Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety on Android activates phone lock screen when activating certain permitted apps: I have Family Safety installed on my daughters Android phone. When she opens some apps, namely Calm and Libby, Family Safety automatically kicks her out of her phone and brings her back to the Lock Screen. This only happens with these two apps that I can tell and I don't have...
  4. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  5. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  6. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Family safety activity reporting zero time

Family safety activity reporting zero time: Hi,I recently bought a new Win10 laptop for one of my children. I set it up using my Microsoft account and configured it to allow the child account to log in. The child can log in and the account is verified, but the activity reporting never starts counting usage and only...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  9. Notifications from family safety to my Android phone

Notifications from family safety to my Android phone: Hi, I've set up Microsoft Family for my kids who use Windows 10 devices, and set up content restrictions and screen time. Now, I want to receive notifications on my Android phone or by e-mail when they ask for permission or for additional time. How can I do it? I am getting...
  10. Family Activity Reporting

Family Activity Reporting: Anyone have experience with family activity reporting? I'm trying to get an idea of how accurate it is. The hours seem excessive and while it may be real I was suspect with them because of such a high number on a given day (Thanksgiving) when I no there wasn't much usage...