Windows 10: Android Tablet

Discus and support Android Tablet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can you use files created on Win 10 in an Acer 500 tablet? I want to use an external drive 49752 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wbh5283, May 8, 2016.

1. wbh5283 Win User

Android Tablet

Can you use files created on Win 10 in an Acer 500 tablet? I want to use an external drive

:)

wbh5283, May 8, 2016

2. Windows Phone 8 Games on PC

Wow, then whats the point of buying a windows phone or tablet?

I can play android games on my android phone and android tablet.

I was going to buy a windows tablet as I thought the same programs used on the phone, limited but still enough, would work.

Thanks, i'll go back to looking at android tablets now.

poorpizzaguy, May 8, 2016
  3. Anthony.B Win User
    USB Connectivity of Android tab

When attaching an Android tablet to a PC, you need to have that tablet turned on, and opened passed the lock screen. I think the idea is, that if you have the Android tablet, and you turned it on, and got passed any possible password on the lock screen,
    then you have the "rights" to see the folders on the Android tablet.

In the event that for whatever reason, the USB connection between your Android tablet, and your PC does not work, you might be able to install a "file" application onto your Android tablet, as a workaround. Here are three "file" applications that I have
    installed onto my Android tablet:

[1] File manager

[2] ES File Explorer

[3] File Commander

Besides being able to view the folders/files on your Android tablet, the use of the above three applications will also allow you to send files to email or OneDrive. If need be, you could then get the files to your PC, via email or OneDrive.

You can also use OneDrive to copy some kinds of files, such as Adobe PDF, JPG pictures, or Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint, to your Android tablet. In other words, your OneDrive files in the cloud, can be accessed via your Android tablet, via the OneDrive
    app on your Android tablet, with the result that the Adobe PDF, JPG pictures, or Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint file is permanently stored on your Android tablet.

Note: I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, and the above comments are based upon what I have observed with this tablet.

Anthony.B, May 8, 2016
  4. Android Tablet

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want to use your tablet as an external drive? Yes, that would work, but probably not the best method. You potentially could be shortening the life of your tablet, and they generally won't give you much space anyway.

If you want an external drive, pick one up. You can get a 500 GB very cheap now, and would give you many more times the space as a tablet.

DeaconFrost, May 8, 2016
  5. wbh5283 Win User
    I would like to be able to update files on the tablet and then attach the external drive to my desktop

wbh5283, May 8, 2016
  6. strollin Win User
    On Android tablets you most likely need a cable called an "OTG" (On The Go) cable in order to attach an external drive. You may also need an app to be able to copy files to/from the external drive. I use an app called "Nexus Media Importer".

strollin, May 9, 2016
  7. If you have apps on the tablet to handle the files, then yes, you can do that. For example, if you have Excel on your tablet, you should be able to open and update a spreadsheet, and then use it on your computer.

An easier way of doing so is to use some kind of cloud storage. This works well, especially if the tablet will have an internet connection. I use Box, but there are plenty of others, like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc.

I used to update my lineups for two basketball teams I coached, then I'd pull up the spreadsheets on my tablet on the bench to know who was going in for the next quarter, etc.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Android Tablet

1. Android Tablet - Similar Threads - Android Tablet

2. CAN I USE A WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WITH WINDOWS 11 AND AND ANDROID TABLETS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN I USE A WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WITH WINDOWS 11 AND AND ANDROID TABLETS: I HAVE 2 WINDOWS 11 THINKPADS AND THREE ANDROID DEVICES A SAMSUNG S 8 PHONE, GENERIC TABLET AND TV BOX THE REASON IS AFTER CONNECTING MY WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE USED FOR YEARS ON AND NOW WINDOWS 11 I CONNECTED IT FOR USE ON MY TV BOX WHICH ALLOWS INTTERNET CONNECTION ON...
  3. CAN I USE A WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WITH WINDOWS 11 AND AND ANDROID TABLETS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN I USE A WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WITH WINDOWS 11 AND AND ANDROID TABLETS: I HAVE 2 WINDOWS 11 THINKPADS AND THREE ANDROID DEVICES A SAMSUNG S 8 PHONE, GENERIC TABLET AND TV BOX THE REASON IS AFTER CONNECTING MY WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE USED FOR YEARS ON AND NOW WINDOWS 11 I CONNECTED IT FOR USE ON MY TV BOX WHICH ALLOWS INTTERNET CONNECTION ON...
  4. Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?

Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?: I nave an Android app running under Windows 11 Subsystem for Android WSA. The tablet connects to a local WiFi source not the Internet, but the application does not. How do I troubleshoot and fix things so the application will connect to the WiFi source?The app is not...
  5. Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?: I nave an Android app running under Windows 11 Subsystem for Android WSA. The tablet connects to a local WiFi source not the Internet, but the application does not. How do I troubleshoot and fix things so the application will connect to the WiFi source?The app is not...
  6. W10 laptop won't connect to network, but Android tablet wilI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 laptop won't connect to network, but Android tablet wilI: I run Windows 10 on an old Dell laptop. This afternoon, I suddenly lost my Internet connection. I keep getting a message asking for the "network security key," which is, apparently not the same as the password. However, my Android tablet on which I'm typing this is connected...
  7. W10 laptop won't connect to network, but Android tablet wilI

W10 laptop won't connect to network, but Android tablet wilI: I run Windows 10 on an old Dell laptop. This afternoon, I suddenly lost my Internet connection. I keep getting a message asking for the "network security key," which is, apparently not the same as the password. However, my Android tablet on which I'm typing this is connected...
  8. W10 laptop won't connect to network, but Android tablet wilI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Game pass not working at all on S23 or Android tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass not working at all on S23 or Android tablet: I've been using game pass lovingly since it first came out. Now it won't stream or load anything at all even though it shows green check marks all through the board that everything is running great..I've reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, my internet is 110 maps. Active...
  10. Game pass not working at all on S23 or Android tablet

Game pass not working at all on S23 or Android tablet: I've been using game pass lovingly since it first came out. Now it won't stream or load anything at all even though it shows green check marks all through the board that everything is running great..I've reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, my internet is 110 maps. Active...