Windows 10: Android to PC file Share - Security at risk

Discus and support Android to PC file Share - Security at risk in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've ES file explorer app in my android phone which allows me to connect the PC over wifi. To my surprise, I come to know that if I know the wifi... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anuj Indoria, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Android to PC file Share - Security at risk

Hi,

I've ES file explorer app in my android phone which allows me to connect the PC over wifi. To my surprise, I come to know that if I know the wifi password then I can directly access my PC local drives using the App. Now, this is a big security concern because it's not a share folder it's actually entire my local drive and that is with no username & password, provided that my PC is actually connected with the Ethernet using the router. If i connect my pc over wifi only then it at least asks me for the ID & password of PC but if it's cable connected and then I connect my phone on with the router then it access the drives without password. I've an office and I share my wifi password to my client to access internet. This brings me on a big risk as all my personal data is shared with that and anybody can edit delete my files without my knowledge. Even files which are not allowed to be deleted on my pc using permission settings can also be deleted. Files that I don't see on my pc due to permission settings can be easily seen from my phone.

I tried everything like turning off my sharing over network on private/home or even over public but nothing stops it from sharing entire my local drive. I believe this a big security risk and Microsoft should work on that and bring an immediate solution on that.

Please solve this issue as soon as possible. I can help you on providing more information regarding this but please solve this.

Thanks,

:)

Anuj Indoria, Mar 9, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Is windsows 7 a security risk?

There is 2 security risks. No one can stop security holes even more so with MS software as it would be more targeted although Linux has got to be going up on that list to now.

1. Your comp being online
    2. The user

AsRock, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    view pc files from Android stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused when the pc is not set to discoverable over the network.

1. How are you trying to share the file?
    2. Are you accessing the file over Bluetooth/Hotspot or over WIFI?

Try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the cause of the issue.

Steps:

1. I suggest you to create a share folder on your computer, right click and share it with both read and write permission, and check if that helps.
    2. You can try to check the article on

Changes to file sharing over a network in Windows 10
      and check if this helps.

If you still face the issue, I suggest to contact
    ES Explorer support
    , scroll down the page and find the support contact.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Android to PC file Share - Security at risk

Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Android to PC file Share - Security at risk

1. Android to PC file Share - Security at risk - Similar Threads - Android file Share

2. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  3. Windows 10 password security risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password security risk: Is there truth to the 9/18/2021 story in FORBES in which Davey Winder the writer recommends Windows 10 users "delete their [Windows 10] passwords" due to a security risk?...
  4. Share files seamlessly between android and windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share files seamlessly between android and windows: Hey can you guys tell me how can i share files between my android and windows pc like Apple air drop... Do you guys have any idea about implementing air drop like feature in between windows and android ? submitted by /u/MdAsif_Indian [link] [comments]...
  5. Best file sharing software between Android and Win 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best file sharing software between Android and Win 10 PC?: Is there any software that can even let me share folders not only specific files? submitted by /u/Zaydh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo4ea/best_file_sharing_software_between_android_and/
  6. Chrome Extensions Security Risk

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Extensions Security Risk: Note this article about risks in Chrome extensions now removed Exclusive: Massive spying on users of Google's Chrome shows new security weakness - Reuters Does anyone know what extensions were removed and whether the same issue affects other chrome based browsers e.g. Edge...
  7. Chrome Extension Security Risk

Chrome Extension Security Risk: See here Chrome Extensions Security Risk 158904
  8. PC at Risk

PC at Risk: my stuff is at risk I had a virus and said my that my privacy is in danger [Original Title: viruse] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pc-at-risk/0f42cf89-d2d9-4c32-ba96-1d542e820f84
  9. Moving documents location, are there security risks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving documents location, are there security risks?: I have moved my documents location by following the tutorial at Move Location of Documents Folder in Windows 10 Is there any serious security risk in moving the documents from their default location and if so, how can I reverse the above move procedure? 136032
  10. Windows 10 WiFi security risk

Windows 10 WiFi security risk: When my laptop is powered on, before I enter my password to login, there is a WiFi icon displayed on the login screen. Can I can connect to a router without logging into my computer? Doesn't this present a security risk? If someone steals my laptop and logs into their...