Windows 10: Android USB connection to Laptop

Discus and support Android USB connection to Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I've had issues connecting my Android (Motorola) phone to my PC and laptop via USB (and otherwise, for that matter). I'd mostly like to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martins743693, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Android USB connection to Laptop

Recently I've had issues connecting my Android (Motorola) phone to my PC and laptop via USB (and otherwise, for that matter). I'd mostly like to do this to move photos from my phone onto my laptop/PC but also because it's sometimes useful for certain software.

When I try to upload pictures, I get an error message suggesting that the USB connector is in a failed state or is not working.

I've tried USB debugging, updating USB controllers and then I tried uninstalling the controllers, restarting the machine and reinstalling the controllers. None of this has worked, which has been extremely frustrating, as this means that the automatic diagnosis of the problems with the USB connection won't work.

The photos are on an external SD card but I don't think this should cause any problems.

Any ideas of what is causing the problems and how I can solve this? Much appreciated Android USB connection to Laptop :)

:)

Martins743693, Sep 26, 2018

2. Unlink android and laptop

Hi Judith,

In order to help you with your concern about your Android and laptop's linking issue, kindly answer these questions first:

• How are you able to upload the Microsoft update link to your Android device? Did you connect your Android device physically to your laptop?
    • What applications in your Android device got affected?
    • What happened to the affected applications? Did you receive an error code or message? If yes, please post the error here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 26, 2018
  3. How can I connect my Android smartphone to my Windows 10 laptop?

Hello keritoodle,

It is possible that your Windows 10 laptop doesn't have permission to access the files from your Android smartphone. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please verify the following information:

• What is the make and model of both your laptop and smartphone?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you tell me how you're connecting your smartphone to your laptop?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 laptop? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications.

If you're using a USB cable to connect your Android smartphone to your laptop, you may need to confirm some configurations on your mobile device.

• Unlock your Android smartphone.
    • Connect your phone to your laptop using a USB cable.
    • On your device, tap the "USB for..." notification.
    • Select Transfer files.
    • A file transfer window should appear on your laptop.
    • Copy the images you would like to save to your laptop.
    • Once done,
      eject
      your phone from your laptop.
    • Unplug the USB cable.

If your laptop is having issues with recognizing your mobile device, please run the
    USB troubleshooter. Make sure that
    you're signed in as the administrator in order to run the tool. This tool should rectify any misconfiguration detected with your device drivers.

You can also link your Android phone to your Windows 10 laptop. This feature will let you send webpages, documents, and photos from your phone straight to your Windows 10 device. Take note that this option is only available for Windows 10 devices that are
    updated to Version 1709 or later. For the steps on how to link your phone to your laptop, please refer to this
    support article.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Android USB connection to Laptop

Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop

Previously did your laptop work through the Android hotspot or did it never work?

Try setting up USB Tethering on your Android device, then connect your PC via USB cable to the Android device and check if in this mode you can access the internet.

franco d'esaro, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Android USB connection to Laptop

1. Android USB connection to Laptop - Similar Threads - Android USB connection

2. Android USB connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android USB connection: I've got a new phone Pixel 6 and it is failing to connect to WIN 10 properly. It is listed as an unspecified device and Windows reports that my ADB drivers are up to date. I am using the same cable that worked with my previous phone Pixel 4. But the phone will not show in...
  3. Android USB connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android USB connection: I've got a new phone Pixel 6 and it is failing to connect to WIN 10 properly. It is listed as an unspecified device and Windows reports that my ADB drivers are up to date. I am using the same cable that worked with my previous phone Pixel 4. But the phone will not show in...
  4. Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable: I have a smart Samsung android phone and would like to know as to how can I get to see files on my windows 10 laptop,and also be able to transfer them from phone to my laptop and vice versa....
  5. USB connection from Android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connection from Android phone to PC: I have two versions of windows 10, a 32 Bit and a 64 bit. When I connect my phone Moto E to the 32 Bit Windows 10, the connection works just fine. When I connect the sane phone to my 64 Bit Windows 10, the computer does not see the connected device at all. Can someone please...
  6. Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...: submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ibt4/want_to_connect_my_android_phone_to_laptop_usb/
  7. Android not connecting to Windows via USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android not connecting to Windows via USB: Here's the scenario: I connect my Android device ( running on Android 9/Pie) to PC (on windows 10) via USB. It connects to windows (confirmed by sound of connection) and starts charging. I go through the USB options on phone and switch to 'File Transfer' option. Now...
  8. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB: Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device I received a message that "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)" Updating drivers didn't help here. How to sort it out?...
  9. Connecting calendars on the laptop and Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting calendars on the laptop and Android phone: I wonder how I can connect my calendars on the laptop and Android phone. I use Surface laptop with associated email account on Yahoo.com. I decided to add calendar to the phone by installing Yahoo email app. However it pulls up my Yahoo.com calendar but not my calendar on my...
  10. Android Phone wont connect by USB in Win10x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android Phone wont connect by USB in Win10x64: I have tried everything MTP settings, enable USB debug, nothing in DevMgr shows for "Portable Devices" (in fact that option only appears when i plug in a USB Stick) I've tried two cables = both worked before and now all of a sudden it's being blocked? I'm using...