Windows 10: Android wifi connection not working on windows 10

Discus and support Android wifi connection not working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, so i bought this thing called Wifi adapter like 3 months ago. Everything was alright when i first used it having the dorm wifi internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jerek02, Mar 25, 2020.

1. jerek02 Win User

Android wifi connection not working on windows 10

Hi guys, so i bought this thing called Wifi adapter like 3 months ago. Everything was alright when i first used it having the dorm wifi internet connected to it but after going back home i realised it just wont connect to my phone hotspot, or sometimes it will but then after few seconds it disconnects saying "no connection, secured" now i have tried almost everything that i have found to work online but nothing is working for me.

:)

jerek02, Mar 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 cannot connect toInternet via Android Hot Spot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information you provided this is only happening if you are connecting to an Android WIFI Hotspot, which implies that this could be an issue with the android system. To help you resolve this, please follow
    some recommended troubleshooting steps below:

• Connect to Android WIFI Hotspot and perform the following troubleshooting provided through this
      link.
    • After performing all the steps, you need to consider contacting Samsung support since the issue is only happening if you are connected to network from the Android.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 25, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 can't connect to Android 5 WiFi Hotspot

Hi,

This issue on between your Windows phone and Android Lollipop may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you connect your Windows 10 to the hotspot, we suggest that you check this

article
    and perform the steps given on it.

Meanwhile, since you mentioned that all drivers are up to date, we suggest that you try to
    install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    You may also refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps can also be
    applied to Windows 10)

Let us know if any of these worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Android wifi connection not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Android wifi connection

2. Problem connecting Android phone and windows pc over wifi/ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting Android phone and windows pc over wifi/ethernet.: All utilities between phone and pc suddenly stopped working. Using FTP to access files on phone wirelessly, using space desk to use phone as a second monitor etc...I have tried:1.resetting my modem2.turning off firewall and resetting everything in it3.trying to connect to my...
  3. Problem connecting Android phone and windows pc over wifi/ethernet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting Android phone and windows pc over wifi/ethernet.: All utilities between phone and pc suddenly stopped working. Using FTP to access files on phone wirelessly, using space desk to use phone as a second monitor etc...I have tried:1.resetting my modem2.turning off firewall and resetting everything in it3.trying to connect to my...
  4. Problem connecting Android phone and windows 10 pc over wifi/ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting Android phone and windows 10 pc over wifi/ethernet.: All utilities between phone and pc suddenly stopped working. Using FTP to access files on phone wirelessly, using space desk to use phone as a second monitor etc...I have tried:1.resetting my modem2.turning off firewall and resetting everything in it3.trying to connect to my...
  5. Problem connecting Android phone and windows 10 pc over wifi/ethernet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting Android phone and windows 10 pc over wifi/ethernet.: All utilities between phone and pc suddenly stopped working. Using FTP to access files on phone wirelessly, using space desk to use phone as a second monitor etc...I have tried:1.resetting my modem2.turning off firewall and resetting everything in it3.trying to connect to my...
  6. wifi connected but not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connected but not working: my laptop is connected with my home's wifi that i regularly use. today, suddenly i can't even open google because it doesnt work. the troubleshoot couldnt fix the problem, i tried reseting network, uninstalling the network adapter but it still doesnt work. the wifi doesnt...
  7. Wifi - connected but not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi - connected but not working on Windows 10: So I got myself a custom PC built yesterday with the following specifications: - Gigabyte B450m DS3H WiFi - AMD Ryzen 5 3500x - Corsair 8GB 3200 Mhz * 2 - GeForce GTX 1650 Super Ventus - Cooler Master Hyper 410R RGB Fan - Kingston 240GB SSD - Seagate 1TB HDD Yesterday...
  8. Windows 10 Refuses to Connect to Wifi (worked previously)

Windows 10 Refuses to Connect to Wifi (worked previously): Brand new Windows 10 computer. Running ASUS PCIe AC51 Wireless-AC750 adapater. I was able to connect to my home wifi up until last night without issue. As of waking this morning and going to my computer, it will no longer connect to the wifi network. I have tried rebooting,...
  9. Android connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android connection: Trying to cnx Android fone to PC to capture new feature "Squint" . Do not see phone on devices list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-connection/064d6bb2-fe1a-4a13-95d8-29ba9bf976c3
  10. WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.

WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.: As you can probably tell by my username I have exhausted all efforts, i've been trying to fix this for 2days now, installed/reinstalled 4 different OS trying to fix it and I cannot find a solution, it always worked before. Basically when I connect to my router I get full...