Windows 10: Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.

Discus and support Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, so I've got a minor but highly-annoying issue that I've never had the time to get to the bottom of. Hoping someone here can throw me an epiphany.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BananaSacks, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.

Ok, so I've got a minor but highly-annoying issue that I've never had the time to get to the bottom of. Hoping someone here can throw me an epiphany. This originally started out in r/vlc but I can now reproduce outside of VLC.

My setup/use-case: I use VLC to play IPTV streams up on a TV in my main living/working area. The audio is passed via BT to a BT to 30pin dongle/receiver which connects to a Nuvo sound system over the iPod dock (hence the dongle) which works a charm. I can now confirm that this is reproducible using browser streams w/ thePlayer, ie. video from: https://www.cwtv.com/shows/

However - If I play another web-based video, Youtube is a perfect example, over any audio device (built-in, another BT headset, the same 30pin2BT, etc) VLC will drop my audio as soon as the other source stops. If I start another web video, my VLC stream can magically be heard again.

To get sound back, I shift-a through my sound outputs/devices until I'm back on the 30pin dongle. This doesn't always work, sometimes I need to let the sound play for a few seconds on another device before it will take again, and rarely, I have to completely reconnect/pair the receiver dongle. When I say re-pair, I just mean by disconnecting it, and reconnecting it on the dock - I do not mean that I need to delete/forget and re-pair. For the thePlayer streams, the audio will drop out just as it does in VLC but it will automagically reestablish itself without my doing anything.

- This only happens on the 30pin to BT dongle, no other BT devices (that I own).

- This is the only BT device that uses the laptop's built-in BT radio; issue cannot be reproduced using Jabra or Sennheiser dongles.

- VLC is the only primary app I experience this problem with. I can recreate similar drops in thePlayer based web feeds.

- System sounds, games, or other applications that play sound, over any device, do not seem to cause this. It appears to be web-based video/audio only.

- This has happened over many versions of VLC, including older 2.x, I am currently running 3.0.11.

- I have occasionally NOT had this problem. There have been times, sometimes a whole day, where I thought the problem resolved itself. It always comes back in the end and is very rare that I can't reproduce.

- A reboot changes nothing, one time in 2 years I can remember that the issue was not present immediately after a reboot.

- Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz || Dell Precision 5540

- Win10 2004 19041.508

- This happens with audio from any type of source, not just IPTV. I just tested by muting my TV stream, opening a new VLC w/ a local mpg, and playing the [Stream Live Tv On VLC !] video that is currently on the r/vlc front-page right now. Pausing that video (which has no audio) once again silenced my currently playing VLC audio.

Thoughts? Or maybe some suggestions on where I might start to debug the BT stream?

submitted by /u/BananaSacks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BananaSacks, Nov 7, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Windows: Wireless/bluetooth headphones disconnect and then reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones
    laptop: surface laptop

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop, listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens and any audio played goes through laptop main speakers.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting/tab doesn't appear for my device)

tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, making sure bluetooth service start automatically... Nothing seems to work

Any ideas how I can resolve this, so that my headphones can sit quetly for any amount of time without disconnecting / reconnecting without dropping the 'connected music' setting?

Alex Walker, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.

Bluetooth Audio is Bugged in 1803

Found a bug with Bluetooth audio with 1803. I can reproduce on 4 computers with clean install or upgrade. Same bug.
    So this PC has a Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. I have a pair of Creative Bluetooth speaker that connects to it. I only use this as a backup speaker. My Denon AVR uses WASAPI when watching moves in Atmos, DTS, etc.

After a clean or upgrade install of 1803, the Bluetooth audio slider does not change volume. It makes a beep when moving the slider. Like beeps for every step. If you turn the slider all the way down, the volume does mute. When you turn it up one step, the speakers are full blast. They are always playing a full blast no matter where the slider is. And after playing with the slider for a minute, Bluetooth disconnects. I tried a different BT adapter on this PC. It has the same behavior. It's a multi-boot PC and this adapter works fine in Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 1703. Thanks MS!

This occurs on 2 other PC too. One is a Dell 1820 with an Intel network/BT adapter.

Who else sees this bug?

Who else noticed this? It's not a driver problem. They changed a lot of sound things in 1803.

doctorwizz, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.

1. Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops. - Similar Threads - Angry Bluetooth Audio

2. Audio stops working for one source when another starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stops working for one source when another starts: Hello, i have run into a rather strange problem. when i am watching a video on a search engine doesn't matter if it is edge, or chrome and i open up a video game the audio will only play for one of the things but not both. but the oddest thing is that this doesn't happen with...
  3. Audio stops working for one source when another starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio stops working for one source when another starts: Hello, i have run into a rather strange problem. when i am watching a video on a search engine doesn't matter if it is edge, or chrome and i open up a video game the audio will only play for one of the things but not both. but the oddest thing is that this doesn't happen with...
  4. Audio stops working for one source when another starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooth headset connects but stops playing sound after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset connects but stops playing sound after a while: I have an issue which persists with several Bluetooth headsets all from different models:I pair & connect the device properly and I hear sound well. But after a while, the sound stops working. I ca't hear the sound anymore.I tried multiple solutions:set the headset as default...
  6. Bluetooth headset connects but stops playing sound after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset connects but stops playing sound after a while: I have an issue which persists with several Bluetooth headsets all from different models:I pair & connect the device properly and I hear sound well. But after a while, the sound stops working. I ca't hear the sound anymore.I tried multiple solutions:set the headset as default...
  7. Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...: I have been without sound for 6 weeks and so have 3 of my employees. I have told them to be patient and that Microsoft is working on an issue while I try every week or so to have my audio on my windows computer turned back on. I finally saw that Windows posted a new update...
  8. RemoteApp Audio Sound Source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RemoteApp Audio Sound Source: Hi everyone, I was just curious about what this sound source is? It shows up in both Game Bar and the volume mixer. I don't use RDP and I have remote connections disabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Bluetooth audio from another source is interrupted even when windows sound is muted

Bluetooth audio from another source is interrupted even when windows sound is muted: I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones which can be connected to two sources at once. When one of the source sends some sound the headphones automatically switch to it, its a standard behavior in such a case. Scenario: The headphones are connected to the windows 10 PC...
  10. Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound

Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound: I have homebuilt core i7 930 running an asus p5 premium. Whether I use onboard sound (realtek), sound blaster pcix titanium, or sound blaster omni usb, I get strange behavior where the sound will drop out while I'm watching a tv app (hdhomerun, or kodi as well), or listening...