Windows 10: Animated cursor glitching

Discus and support Animated cursor glitching in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have been using an animated cursor called Night Diamond for over a year. No problems. Then Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkyRexHUN, Dec 13, 2018.

1. SkyRexHUN Win User

Animated cursor glitching

Hello everyone this is my first post here.

I have been using an animated cursor called Night Diamond for over a year. No problems.

Then Windows 10 version 1809 came, and my cursor is now works like a png image, sometimes it shows signs of trying to show animations, but it really looks like it's having a hard time. I tried restarting, updating drivers, didn't work.

:)

SkyRexHUN, Dec 13, 2018

2. Animated cursor no longer works.

Hello Andrew,

As you are facing issues with accessing the animated cursor on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system other than installing the editor program?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan to check if there are any animation files corrupted/ missing.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Animated cursor no longer works.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding and updating the status of this issue.

Good to know that you are able to access the animated cursor by rolling back the drivers.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issues with scroll function and check if it helps.

Step 1: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Time Lady Win User

Animated cursor files.

I have several animated cursors which had changed to a white rectangle when viewed under the respective folder (in my case 'My Themes' - themes which I have created) instead of seeing the image, I set a program to open them thinking it would return the image
    but now all I see is the icon for the program. I would like to reset things to default & get the image of the animated cursor back.

The cursors still work fine within the desktop theme.

I know there's a way to edit the registry under previous versions of Windows but it doesn't work with 10.

I know how to change the default program so please do not suggest that as it's not the solution.

TIA,

Time Lady, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Animated cursor glitching - Similar Threads - Animated cursor glitching

2. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor taskbar glitch: My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the...
  3. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor taskbar glitch: My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the...
  4. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. custom cursor animation NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    custom cursor animation NOT WORKING: Problem described in detail in this post. TLDR; For last few large updates windows 10 is handling the .ani files for cursors differently resulting in frozen animation. Best possible solution found in this post. TLDR; only way to fix this is to use a static version which I am...
  6. My cursor's animation keeps freeing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My cursor's animation keeps freeing.: I've been researching to no avail please help. My cursors animation just freezes whenever it wants to. the cursor im using : https://www.deviantart.com/blooguy/art/Crystal-Clear-v4-1-Original-298678459 submitted by /u/XThatGuyRileyX [link] [comments]...
  7. Animated Inverted Cursors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Animated Inverted Cursors: Can anyone recommend a good source for animated inverted cursors? 160978
  8. Custom Cursors Animation Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Cursors Animation Bug: I have developed a number of custom animated cursors as a part of my hobby as a graphic designer. They were all working fine 'till version 1809 update came inNovember 2018. Up until now, the bug is still persistent with the latest Windows version; 1909. Back before 1809,...
  9. Cursor animations sometimes working.

Cursor animations sometimes working.: I just downloaded the Night Diamond cursor set by BlooGuy. Almost all of the cursors are animated. Sometimes they work, but other times the cursors all of a sudden will stop animating. Anyone know why?...
  10. Animated Mouse Cursors in Windows 10

Animated Mouse Cursors in Windows 10: I've been working on making some of my own very nice looking if i might add, mouse cursors for windows 10, however i am experiencing a TON of issues with assigning the .ani files for each state, but also my animations stop every once and while and then start and then stop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. animated cursors for windows 10

2. glitching cursor