Windows 10: Animated desktop

Discus and support Animated desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi again,,, I am interested in having an animated desktop,, I have seen a nice aquarium one which indecently was free,, I downloaded the picture and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnylad, Dec 2, 2015.

1. donnylad Win User

Animated desktop

Hi again,,, I am interested in having an animated desktop,, I have seen a nice aquarium one which indecently was free,,
    I downloaded the picture and it showed on the desktop but it did nothing.
    I'm afraid I need help with this please,, could someone show me in a dummies guide way how I should go about it.
    I thank you in advance for any help.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Animated GIFs on Desktop, not wallpaper

I thank you for your reply, and do appreciate your time, but neither of those allow for what I'm asking for.

DeskScapes 8 is full wallpaper animation, with many other nifty features, but no animated gifs on the desktop.

Rainmeter can achieve the effect of what I'm looking for with a combination of .png files and a ini setting file to cycle thru individual photos creating the illusion of a gif on the desktop, but again, no animated gifs on the desktop.

I'm looking for a way to get animated gifs on the desktop, not wallpaper/background.

InfinityYUL, Dec 2, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Animated desktop

Hello , perhaps post a link to where you got the download in your next post ,I don't think it something most of us would be using ,but one or more of us will have a look i'm sure

caperjack, Dec 2, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Atomic77 Win User
    HMM that is interesting. I never used that but I do like screensavers. I think for a moving desktop I would follow the advice that jds63 posted.

Atomic77, Dec 2, 2015
  7. donnylad Win User
    Hi all,, sorry I am a little late but I have been asleep as it is our night time here.
    Well here is the link I have been trying,::
    http://www.elefun-desktops.com/show-...allpapers.html
    I hope you have better luck than me, I thought about a bought one but then if I didn't like it it was a waste of money,
    so I thought I would try a free one first. I might have to buy one in the end but I still don't know how its set up.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Len

donnylad, Dec 3, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Animated desktop

Well that is not even compatible back to Windows Vista, i can see there will be issues then. Stardock product has a 30 day trial period and....
    System Requirements

• Windows 10/8/7
    • Microsoft DirectX™
    • Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Animated desktop

1. Animated desktop - Similar Threads - Animated desktop

2. Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops: I'm not sure when the animations changed, but switching between virtual desktops looks disgusting now, it's slow and laggySo, I decided to turn off the animations, and cannot switch between desktops.Changing desktops still works with the Win+Ctrl+Arrow shortcut, but now with...
  3. Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops: I'm not sure when the animations changed, but switching between virtual desktops looks disgusting now, it's slow and laggySo, I decided to turn off the animations, and cannot switch between desktops.Changing desktops still works with the Win+Ctrl+Arrow shortcut, but now with...
  4. How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?

How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?: I have two Virtual Desktops, and both have different wallpapers. When I switch between them, there is this slow annoying animation. I have added a video here.Please fix this. Or how can I remove/disable the slow animation ?...
  5. How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?: I have two Virtual Desktops, and both have different wallpapers. When I switch between them, there is this slow annoying animation. I have added a video here.Please fix this. Or how can I remove/disable the slow animation ?...
  6. Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations: A recent couple of months old by now update to Windows 11 enabled animations every time I switch virtual desktops. I use them extensively. The problem is that the animation slides the whole screen and that gives me bad motion sickness. One slide is enough to trigger the...
  7. Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations

Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations: A recent couple of months old by now update to Windows 11 enabled animations every time I switch virtual desktops. I use them extensively. The problem is that the animation slides the whole screen and that gives me bad motion sickness. One slide is enough to trigger the...
  8. Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?: I didn't ask for an animation and I don't want it. There's no simple or obvious way to turn it off so how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-added-an-animated-transition-when-changing/8dd8ad65-c39b-4bac-b49c-66342b761d3f
  9. Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?

Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?: I didn't ask for an animation and I don't want it. There's no simple or obvious way to turn it off so how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-added-an-animated-transition-when-changing/8dd8ad65-c39b-4bac-b49c-66342b761d3f
  10. They finally restored the animation when switching desktops!!! Any way to make it faster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    They finally restored the animation when switching desktops!!! Any way to make it faster?: Perhaps there's a registry entry? submitted by /u/MelaniaSexLife [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17dxy0u/they_finally_restored_the_animation_when/