Windows 10: Animated desktop

Discus and support Animated desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi again,,, I am interested in having an animated desktop,, I have seen a nice aquarium one which indecently was free,, I downloaded the picture and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnylad, Dec 2, 2015.

1. donnylad Win User

Animated desktop

Hi again,,, I am interested in having an animated desktop,, I have seen a nice aquarium one which indecently was free,,
    I downloaded the picture and it showed on the desktop but it did nothing.
    I'm afraid I need help with this please,, could someone show me in a dummies guide way how I should go about it.
    I thank you in advance for any help.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Animated GIFs on Desktop, not wallpaper

I thank you for your reply, and do appreciate your time, but neither of those allow for what I'm asking for.

DeskScapes 8 is full wallpaper animation, with many other nifty features, but no animated gifs on the desktop.

Rainmeter can achieve the effect of what I'm looking for with a combination of .png files and a ini setting file to cycle thru individual photos creating the illusion of a gif on the desktop, but again, no animated gifs on the desktop.

I'm looking for a way to get animated gifs on the desktop, not wallpaper/background.

InfinityYUL, Dec 2, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Animated desktop

Hello , perhaps post a link to where you got the download in your next post ,I don't think it something most of us would be using ,but one or more of us will have a look i'm sure

caperjack, Dec 2, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Atomic77 Win User
    HMM that is interesting. I never used that but I do like screensavers. I think for a moving desktop I would follow the advice that jds63 posted.

Atomic77, Dec 2, 2015
  7. donnylad Win User
    Hi all,, sorry I am a little late but I have been asleep as it is our night time here.
    Well here is the link I have been trying,::
    http://www.elefun-desktops.com/show-...allpapers.html
    I hope you have better luck than me, I thought about a bought one but then if I didn't like it it was a waste of money,
    so I thought I would try a free one first. I might have to buy one in the end but I still don't know how its set up.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Len

donnylad, Dec 3, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Animated desktop

Well that is not even compatible back to Windows Vista, i can see there will be issues then. Stardock product has a 30 day trial period and....
    System Requirements

• Windows 10/8/7
    • Microsoft DirectX™
    • Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Animated desktop

1. Animated desktop - Similar Threads - Animated desktop

2. Remove animation on changing between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove animation on changing between virtual desktops?: Title. I want the change between desktops to be instant, I don't care about the slide animation. submitted by /u/coding_man [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8fwye/remove_animation_on_changing_between_virtual/
  3. New Microsoft Store app brings live animated desktop to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Store app brings live animated desktop to Windows 10: Windows 10 includes a wide range of settings to change the appearance of the desktop and apps to make the operating system feel more personal. Currently, you can switch between dark or light theme, and change the color accent for the Start Menu and Taskbar directly from the...
  4. Can anybody tell me what app this is on windows desktop? The wings are animated

Can anybody tell me what app this is on windows desktop? The wings are animated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tismo74 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3dwzr/can_anybody_tell_me_what_app_this_is_on_windows/
  5. Animation Problem in Windows and Desktop issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Animation Problem in Windows and Desktop issue: I started facing this issue a few days that whenever we drag freely on the laptop using the mouse by pressing the left buttonnot to select anything a blue box with blue line appears instead of that white dotted lines are coming and a transparent box is formed and also...
  6. This strange animation bug happens in task view and desktop peek

This strange animation bug happens in task view and desktop peek: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/berkeleymorrison [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwljtq/this_strange_animation_bug_happens_in_task_view/
  7. Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation.

Stop ALT+TAB virtual desktops "slide" animation.: Hey, I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro V.2004 . Now whenver I ALT+TAB between my virtual desktops, the tabs "slide" away which is beyond frustrating :) I was wondering whether there was a setting to turn this off. Thanks submitted by /u/TheToxicBeast...
  8. Is there anything I can do to change the app-switching animation to the desktop switching...

Is there anything I can do to change the app-switching animation to the desktop switching...: The 4-finger swipe animation is beautiful and feels good. The 3-finger swipe doesn't feel nice at all - the animation is a little too harsh. Is there any way to change this animation to make it more like the 4-finger desktop swiping animation? submitted by /u/iamlikeanonion...
  9. Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?

Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?: Back in the the win7 days there was a hidden setting in registry that used to control the speed of the transition animation of the desktop's wallpaper slideshow. But as far as I tried with this reg tweak on Win10, it seems that it cannot be done the same way as with Win7. So...
  10. Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?

Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?: Is there a way to change the animation speed when programs maximize / minimize from the taskbar and / or when changing virtual desktops? No, I do not want to speed up how fast menus are displayed and I do not want to disable these animation all together. Thank you in...