Windows 10: Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps

Discus and support Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Didn't know where to write so I will do it here. Recently I have bought myself a new HDD so i installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. The problems that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidMKD, Aug 22, 2015.

1. DavidMKD Win User

Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps

Didn't know where to write so I will do it here. Recently I have bought myself a new HDD so i installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. The problems that I have is that the thumbnail preview animations on taskbar aren't working at all, the thumbnail preview stays frozen while best appearance is checked in performance options menu. Second issue is that Cortana can't find or search programs that I have installed while preinstalled like calculator and notepad can. Thank you for your valuable time
    CPU: i5 2500 RAM: 6GB GPU: GTS 450 MB: Foxconn P67A-S HDD: WD10EZEX

:)

DavidMKD, Aug 22, 2015

2. Cortana isn't showing it animation

Hi Rifqi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What do you refer by "Cortana Animation"?
    I suggest you to check the settings in Cortana and make sure all settings is turned on.

Follow the steps:

• Type cortana and settings in search bar
    • Turn on all the settings listed.
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Cortana isn't showing it animation

I love Cortana very much. But now, I hate it. Cause it's not showing Cortana's animation. Does the problem exist in the display? When the first time I have not installed the display Cortana can still bring up the animation. Please give me a reason. Thanks.

RifqiZauhair, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps

1. Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps - Similar Threads - Animations taskbar aren't

2. taskbar isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar isn't working: My Taskbar isn't working and I also can't access my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-isnt-working/d08b5758-8e3d-4163-bb5a-4f7d2cda0956
  3. taskbar isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar isn't working: My Taskbar isn't working and I also can't access my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-isnt-working/d08b5758-8e3d-4163-bb5a-4f7d2cda0956
  4. taskbar isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar: for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my...
  6. Cortana isn't working

Cortana isn't working: Hey, Unfortunately I don't live in the US, so I set all regional/language settings (even the time zone) to United States and English but Cortana still isn't working. When I go in the settings, it just shows this: [img] Can I somehow fix this? 62416
  7. Cortana Isn't Working

Cortana Isn't Working: Neither the microphone nor the "Ask me anything" search bar work. Yesterday I was infected by the Palikan virus, but have successfully (after five or six frustrating hours) removed it thanks to Malwarebytes and a follow-on program I downloaded and installed this evening,...
  8. Cortana and Start Menu aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu aren't working: I upgraded to Win 10 a week ago and after a long updating session was well pleased with the OS - everything seemed to work normally and much faster than before. However, a day after the last updates were installed (KB3081449 and KB3081448) my normal screen appeared with a...
  9. Icon on TaskBar isn't showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon on TaskBar isn't showing: [img] It show only the white icon. It only happen with the Adobe software. For example: I'm opening Photoshop and I try Illustrator too but it just keep showing the white icon. Can you guys help me fix it? Thank you. 35724
  10. Cortana interests aren't showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana interests aren't showing: Well, i upgraded to win 10 then did a clean install. Everything works great, except Cortana's interests. Whenever i click on the taskbar i get "Go ahead and tell me to do something. Interests aren't available at the moment." All the voice commands work great though, i can...