Windows 10: Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth

Discus and support Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service network usage is up to 200Mb/s almost 100% of the time in task manager. I seem to be the only one with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cod0rama71, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service network usage is up to 200Mb/s almost 100% of the time in task manager.

I seem to be the only one with this issue, after looking online all I could find were a few people saying it was related to network drives but I only have one network drive that is mapped to Z: which is in the exclusion list. So I have no idea what the hell is happening.

It's capping my download speed to around 50-100Kb/s, when I should be getting 100Mb/s. In task manager I can see it's using around 150Mb/s to 200Mb/s, what the hell is it even doing and why? I have to reboot into my Linux partition just to download something then reboot to Windows and it's getting annoying but it's faster than waiting for even a 50MB file to download.

If anyone knows a solution that would be amazing, if not I guess I will disable it and get something else.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/cod0rama71
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cod0rama71, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Deuxdad Win User

Anitmalware Service Executable

I have recently been plagued with frequent intermittent slowdowns on an old home-built desktop. It might take the form of a delay in opening a program or copying text from Word (MS365) or pasting some text or even selecting something onscreen. Whatever request
    I've asked the computer to do (see above) will eventually take place but it might be many seconds (less than a minute) before that happens. When I see that there appears to be no response to the task I can go to the taskbar and summon Task Manager.
    As soon as TM comes up (usually immediately) I can see that Windows Defender Smart Screen or
    Anitmalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe, the worst offender,) Power usage trend is "Very High". As soon as the "Very High" condition changes to "Very Low", things start moving again.

A suggestion found online said to run taskschd.msc and step down to "Windows Defender" and change the scheduling to something that would prevent that program from running while the computer was being used. I set it to refrain from running until the computer
    was idle for 1 hour. This seemed to help a great deal. Of course, I have to do this every time I go to use the computer.

My question then is why is this happening now when I was never aware of it happening in the past? I am running Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900). Updates are set to automatic and the computer is always on.

Deuxdad, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Rhaine C. Win User
    Anitmalware Service Executable

My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Volunteer. I’m so glad assisting you today. I am also Windows user. Let us work together to sort this out.

Please try the followings steps below.

Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

Type taskschd. ...

Double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.

Double-click Windows Defender in Windows. ...

Uncheck Run with highest privileges.

You can also refer to this link as reference

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-high-cpu-usage-b...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Perform a scan.

1. Windows Key + R

2. Type CMD right click and run as administrator.

3. Copy and paste each command below, you need to do it one at a time until

finishes scanning.

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware

Quick note: While the command is running, it's expected to see the process stuck at 20 or 40 percent. After a few minutes, the process will complete successfully.

Once you complete the steps, the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool will connect to the Windows Update servers to download and replace any damaged files in the local image for Windows 10 as necessary.

Once done perform Clean Boot

This process will eliminate 3rd party application running in the background of your computer along with services that are not needed to run windows. If there's any conflicting 3rd party application that causes the issue on your computer, this process will stop
    it.

1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig

2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by default you are on general tab.

3. On the General tab, click the selective startup and make sure that load system service and load startup items both have checked mark.

4. Click on services tab

5. Put a check mark on Hide All Microsoft Services > This is a very important part as if you miss to click on this, computer might not boot properly or permanently and will end up on clean installation.

6. Once Hide all Microsoft Services have checked mark on it, click on Disable All

7. Click on the Startup Tab and click open task manager. This will open another window which contains all your startup applications on the administrator account.

8. Disable all application that you're not using. You can simply just click on them and select disable.

9. Click OK, Apply and close the configuration utility

10. Restart your pc and check how it goes

Check if you have multiple anti-virus installed in your pc it is not advisable to have multiple antivirus installed in your pc , it can caused lag and interference with other app.

I hope the information and steps above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Aug 29, 2020
  4. Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth

1. Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth - Similar Threads - Anitmalware Service Executeable

2. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  3. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  4. antimalware service executable is using all my cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service executable is using all my cpu: idk, ive tried everything, or a lot of things.I use a fx53vd, liquid fell into the laptop, i had to change the motherboard, since i was buying other, i took the opportunity to upgrade it, from a i5 7th gen and 1050, to i7 7th gen and 1050ti, since then my laptop started...
  5. antimalware service executable is using all my cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    antimalware service executable is using all my cpu: idk, ive tried everything, or a lot of things.I use a fx53vd, liquid fell into the laptop, i had to change the motherboard, since i was buying other, i took the opportunity to upgrade it, from a i5 7th gen and 1050, to i7 7th gen and 1050ti, since then my laptop started...
  6. antimalware service executable is using all my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. cryptographic services is taking all my bandwidth when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cryptographic services is taking all my bandwidth when gaming: Hello, I noticed when playing online games Valorant that some services Delivery optimization, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and especiallycryptographic services are taking all bandwidth despite using "gaming mode" which causes ping/latency issues... I...
  8. Anitmalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anitmalware Service Executable: So this is really bogging down my PC to the point it is barely useable. This has not been an issue in the past but I can’t get rid of this process. I’ve disabled in the regedit, changed policies/group policies, manually scheduled scans - literally everything I can find online...
  9. Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lokendrayadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqkw85/service_host_network_service_using_high_bandwidth/
  10. Anitmalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anitmalware Service Executable: I have recently been plagued with frequent intermittent slowdowns on an old home-built desktop. It might take the form of a delay in opening a program or copying text from Word MS365 or pasting some text or even selecting something onscreen. Whatever request I've asked the...