Windows 10: Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive

Discus and support Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following the major update to W10 1903 my Anker USB to Ethernet adaptor is now being recognised as a DVD drive. I've had it since September 2018 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ray Proudfoot, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive

Following the major update to W10 1903 my Anker USB to Ethernet adaptor is now being recognised as a DVD drive. I've had it since September 2018 and has been fine with previous builds of W10.

I can get it recognised as a Ethernet device by double-clicking on the drive icon in Explorer. The embedded files are automatically run and it then disappears from my list of drives and it appears in my Network Connections.

But I don't want to have to keep doing this each time I connect to Ethernet. Can you provide an update to fix this problem please?

:)

Ray Proudfoot, Jun 14, 2019

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Jun 14, 2019
  3. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

Hi all.

I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10

For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it.

When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops.

Have gone through all the usual checks and I note that its not even listed under devices, in fact, there is no option for CD/DVD drives even listed to expand under

I have even gone as far as to return the laptop to factory settings and still no luck.

Can anyone suggest a fix (in laymans terms LOL)

SniperShot, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive

Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive

1. Anker AK-A7611011 USB to Ethernet Network-Card Adaptor being recognised as a DVD drive - Similar Threads - Anker A7611011 USB

2. External USB DVD drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB DVD drive not recognised: I have a Lenovo ideapad 3 Slim 3 15" running Windows 11 with all uppdates and I have just purchased a external USB DVD drive so I can load my Flight Simulator. However, the DVD is not recognised anywhere. How do I get the DVD drive to work?...
  3. External USB DVD drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB DVD drive not recognised: I have a Lenovo ideapad 3 Slim 3 15" running Windows 11 with all uppdates and I have just purchased a external USB DVD drive so I can load my Flight Simulator. However, the DVD is not recognised anywhere. How do I get the DVD drive to work?...
  4. USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised: My USB SSD hard drive is suddenly not being found. I get following message E:\ is not accessible.The parameter is incorrect.In the events log it saysdevice scsi\disk&ven_seagate&prod_expansion\6&3af44d73&4&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Can anyone...
  5. USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised: My USB SSD hard drive is suddenly not being found. I get following message E:\ is not accessible.The parameter is incorrect.In the events log it saysdevice scsi\disk&ven_seagate&prod_expansion\6&3af44d73&4&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Can anyone...
  6. USB hard drive suddenly not being recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Memory card not being recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory card not being recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron 5750 laptop running Windows 10. The memory card has suddenly stopped being recognised when I insert it. The drive does not come up in File Explorer. I've done a system restore to when it was working and installed the Realtek Card reader from the...
  8. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  9. Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?: Please help! I recently performed a clean re-install of Windows 10 (64/Home) on my PC. I have an Nvidia 1060 6GB graphics card, which seems to be causing some issues. I have installed the drivers via GeForce experience, rebooted, removed the display adapter from device...
  10. Activate USB network adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Activate USB network adaptor: I have bought and installed a USB network adaptor which has an aerial for better wi-fi reception. How do I tell the computer to use this one? I tried disabling the on-board adaptor but the computer then tells me no network access because there's no adaptor. The device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. anker ak-a7611011

2. Ethernet adaptor is recognised as DVD drive