Windows 10: Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant

Discus and support Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks some of these USB 3 hubs (powered) just don't seem "man enough" for theh job if you use a few of the ports with unpowered devices on them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Dec 1, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant

Hi folks

some of these USB 3 hubs (powered) just don't seem "man enough" for theh job if you use a few of the ports with unpowered devices on them.

I've got 4 X 3.7 GB passport external (self powered) drives attached to an unpowered port on a laptop -- temorarily using these as "network streaming / Multi media sharing" files while backing up and doing maintainence on a regular NAS server. Also attached is a wireless usb mouse and keyboard.
    I've also got an SSD with a "Clone" of my NAS OS for temprarily running the laptop as a regular NAS server without interfering with the Windows OS on its internal HDD. The laptop is running with the OS booted from the SSD on the USB device.

Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant [​IMG]

No problems accessing the devices from local PC or on remote devices --all HDD's running and working -- perfect connection also to remote things like amazon firestick and remote smart TV --not sure though how robust this would be for a load of concurrent connections --but at least the device is giving me access to all I need while NAS undergoing maintenance.

Certainly impressed with the device. Never thought these sorts of USB hubs would be capable of driving a whole slew of "unpowered" USB stuff.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 1, 2019

2. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Dec 1, 2019
  3. jboydgolfer, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Kbird Win User

USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port

USB 3 can cause radio interference on the 2.4ghz range so the increased power draw by the HDD maybe be enough to effect or freeze the mouse receiver until the higher power draw stops again..... It's why I suggested moving the receiver to a USB 2 port if possible...does your monitor have a USB hub/ports perhaps?

Anker notes this in some of their USB3 product descriptions.....

Some USB 3.0 devices require direction connection to host ports. 2.4Ghz wireless devices (keyboards, mice, etc.) may not work around USB 3.0 ports. Try using a USB 2.0 connection.

Kbird, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant - Similar Threads - Anker Aluminium powered

2. Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub: Hi,I've recently started getting regular BSOD's when I connect my Anker USB-C hub to my laptop. I mainly utilise the hub for my ethernet connection due to having poor wifi reception in my home office. The device is a Anker 5-in-1 533 slim hub Product link here. The only the...
  3. Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD with Anker USB C Hub: Hi,I've recently started getting regular BSOD's when I connect my Anker USB-C hub to my laptop. I mainly utilise the hub for my ethernet connection due to having poor wifi reception in my home office. The device is a Anker 5-in-1 533 slim hub Product link here. The only the...
  4. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  5. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  6. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. 7 port usb3 hub surface book 3

7 port usb3 hub surface book 3: Hi I purchased an Anker usb3 powered hub with 7 ports+3IQ but SB3 displays an error message stating it can only handle 5 ports... The hub has exactly 5 usb devices connected to it leaving 2 empty and only 3 are relayed and working while the other 2 devices won't connect....
  8. 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly

7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly: I recently aquired a 7 port USB 3 hub. It does not have any identifying marks, so I don't know who manufactured it. It works perfectly fine on a PC running Windows 7, but when connected to any of my Windows 10 PCs I get an unknown device under Universal Serial Bus controllers...
  9. USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port: I have a dell xps 15 9550. I plug a 4 port usb hub into the usb port as i use wireless mouse, and use keyboard and thus need a lot of usb hubs. I never had an issue at all. Just recently i had to charge a poweradd... this is a piece that charges your iphone. Thus in order to...
  10. Brilliant - USB 3 self powered 4TB passport HDD's

Brilliant - USB 3 self powered 4TB passport HDD's: Hi there Really recommend these WD 4TB self powered USB 3 drives Fast, small, very portable and so far seem very reliable - have tested 2 of them running for around 2 months 24/7 -- no issues whatsoever so I'm satisfied that the reliability is fine. Tested running 2...