Windows 10: Anniversary Edition no spinning dots at restart/shutdown

Discus and support Anniversary Edition no spinning dots at restart/shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have noticed that now when my pc restarts or shutdown there are no spinning dots above the text. Anyone? 58691 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eLPuSHeR, Aug 3, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Anniversary Edition no spinning dots at restart/shutdown

Hello.

I have noticed that now when my pc restarts or shutdown there are no spinning dots above the text.

Anyone?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

Is there any way to fix this or is my laptop officially busted?

In my case it was an nVidia update which caused the black screen w/cursor however I could still click ctrl, alt, del to bring up the task manager, I ended all instances of nVidia & the screen appeared. I uninstalled the update plus GeForce experience & downloaded
    them from the nVidia website.

For the rotating dots not appearing they can be turned on or off so perhaps they've been turned off by a Windows update.

Fix no spinning dots in Windows 10 Anniversary Update on restart and shutdown

Time Lady, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Kathy D. Win User
    Windows 10 install stuck

During my install I seem to be stuck after a reboot on the Windows Logo and spinning dots - but its frozen with only 2 dots. After a shutdown restart it does the same thing.. Any ideas?

Kathy D., Aug 3, 2016
  4. midgo Win User

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.
    In my case the system tries to restart but only the screen goes black and then the screen powers off.
    The PC keeps running but will not restart.
    I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.
    Shut down works fine.
    In both cases there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with the restart issue.
    I have tried most suggestions on the interweb:////

midgo, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Ray14120 Win User
    I've noticed the same thing, on 3 of my home computers.

Ray14120, Aug 11, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    But not on all of them? Do some of them show the dots?

eLPuSHeR, Aug 11, 2016
  7. Ray14120 Win User
    No, None of my computers are showing the spinning dots, on a restart or shutdown. The dots only appear when the computers are first turned on.

It's not causing a problem, but at first when no dots were there, I thought for at least 20 seconds that the computers were locked up. I like the spinning dots to show me that the computer is working !

Ray14120, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Anniversary Edition no spinning dots at restart/shutdown

Hello, I have same issue. There are 2 computers at home. Both of them operate windows 10 (14393.51) but one of them have spinning dots at shutdown; my computer doesn't have. Is it a problem or malfunction?

saladfingers, Aug 12, 2016
  9. midgo Win User
    On my machine there are spinning dots on boot up but none on shutdown or restart.

I also have a restart issue wherein my machine just turns off the screen and then hangs.

I still have not been able to resolve this and I have installed 1607 twice direct from the ISO.

midgo, Aug 12, 2016
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I think it's a regression. Hopefully MS will fix it soon.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 12, 2016
  11. midgo Win User
    Ok...
    I have had a partial success.
    I have managed to get the spinning dots on both restart and shut down to appear by removing the pagefile from my SSD and relocating it to my mechanical hard drive.
    It has not resolved the hanging issue with restarting though.
    I am still searching for an answer for that issue:///

midgo, Aug 16, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    simrick, Aug 16, 2016
  13. midgo Win User

I have tried all the usual suspects.

It is probably something specific to my setup.

The issue did not happen with 1511 however.

Something in 1607 is different for my pc it seems.

I have spent many hours trying to solve this restart issue.

I am looking at all the esoteric causes now:///

midgo, Aug 16, 2016
  14. shimshom Win User
    Sounds like spinning dots anxieties. Have you checked msconfig to make sure "No GUI Boot" is not ticked in the Boot tab

shimshom, Aug 16, 2016
  15. eLPuSHeR Win User
    No. It's not that. My MSConfig seems fine.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary Edition no spinning dots at restart/shutdown - Similar Threads - Anniversary Edition spinning

2. Spinning dots or Circle animation not showing on Reboot or Shutdown Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Spinning dots or Circle animation not showing on Reboot or Shutdown Screen: [ATTACH]It’s normal for Windows 11/10 to take some time to start up after you reset or restart it. You’ll see an animation on the screen, indicating the loading is making progress. But when it gets stuck and you find that the spinning dots or circle animation is not showing,...
  3. Spinning Dots of Doom

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning Dots of Doom: Building a new desktop (with Asus XII hero board), after the Win 10 Pro install, every boot I am stuck at the spinning dots of happiness for 15 or 20 minutes. I've run all updates, updated I believe all chipset drivers from Asus (minus one.. the one that said.. you can never...
  4. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  5. Won't restart during update goes black spinning dots

Won't restart during update goes black spinning dots: Surface 3 updating and went blue screen 26 per cent finished and restart. Black screen, Surface logo, black screen, rotating dots. Thought it may be downloading update. Nothing for hours, just rotating dots. Tried restart, same thing. Other PC's and laptop on network...
  6. Spinning dots

Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  7. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  8. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  9. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...