Windows 10: anniversary image

Discus and support anniversary image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I upgraded from Win 10 1511 to the the Anniversary and it runs well. I just removed the win.old with disc cleanup and remove system files. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maranna, Aug 28, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

anniversary image

Hello
    I upgraded from Win 10 1511 to the the Anniversary and it runs well. I just removed the win.old with disc cleanup and remove system files.
    It is odd that the image with the lap is 14 GB which sounds normal but this is 46 GB.
    I have removed all I can see to remove.
    Why is the image so big?
    Even the 1511 was only about 15 GB.
    I don't think I have to do a clean install, although it is preferable, just to get a correct image size.
    I am using Macrium on both and on the 1511 before that.
    It seems 15 GB is more reasonable than 46.
    TY
    Peter

:)

maranna, Aug 28, 2016

2. After upgrading to windows 10 anniversary edition, my excel sheets columns and rows sizes are behaving erratically

After upgrading to windows 10 anniversary edition, my excel sheets columns and rows sizes are behaving erratically. First image is after upgrading to anniversary edition and second one is before anniversary edition.
    anniversary image [​IMG]

anniversary image [​IMG]

Yogesh Garg, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Language Packs won't download or install in Windows 10

Try the following:

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If that does not work, try performing an upgrade to the Anniversary Update then try again:

Three Ways to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

anniversary image

Run treesize - probably some hidden folders or temporary files.

cereberus, Aug 29, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    I ran tresize to clean the external drive of trash and left over images.
    How do you suggest I do so to find these left overs in C:\?

maranna, Aug 29, 2016
  6. With some (a few) UWP apps .exe programs ,files ,folders and data on 14905 here is my storage that I manage so as not to fill up the 14905 SSD .

14905 is on the smaller SSD ofc .*Smile

anniversary image [​IMG]

electronuser, Aug 29, 2016
  7. maranna Win User
    I removed the recycle and Mint I did not know I had.
    Any other ideas?

maranna, Aug 29, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

anniversary image

You could also check and see how many restore points are saved. They can take up a lot of space. If you have CCleaner it will show you how many you have under its Tools Option. You can also check your restore points in your System's folder.
    2nd Option is to run cleammgr.exe in extended mode:
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35
    This will give you alot more options for files to remove in your Windows.

OldMike65, Aug 29, 2016
  9. maranna Win User
    I am not a very high level user.
    What should I remove from the attachment?

maranna, Aug 29, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    Also note Windows will clean up the old files automatically - someone told me after 10 days?

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  11. maranna Win User
    >>please explain.

maranna, Aug 29, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    If you have CCleaner free version, than you can check to see how many Restore points you have saved....if any. These can take up lots of hard drive space. Depending on how many you have.

anniversary image [​IMG]

On the 2nd Option all you do is open up a Windows Command Prompt Admin. (right click on your Windows Start menu)
    Then Copy and paste the command I posted into the Command prompt window, and check all the boxes it shows you.
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35

This is like your Windows disk cleaner except with MORE options.

OldMike65, Aug 29, 2016
  13. DavidE Win User

anniversary image

The screen print in post #5 shows 60.1 GB Size, 44.2 GB Allocated, and 16.6 GB for Users
    The screen print in post #7 shows 44.8 GB Size, 28.8 GB Allocated, and 1.2 GB for Users
    I wonder why space reported for Size is more than Allocated.

Did you delete the Users / Prime folder ?
    If you create an image now it should be smaller than before.
    What program do you use to create images ?

I would try other programs to see what they show.
    I prefer Wiztree, they have a Portable Zip available.
    Antibody Software - WizTree finds the files and folders using the most disk space on your hard drive

DavidE, Aug 29, 2016
  14. maranna Win User
    >>Thanks for your help but I have done a clean install as it was a mess. I have never had Macrium Reflect fail on me so I'll keep using it. Thanks though.

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

anniversary image

1. anniversary image - Similar Threads - anniversary image

2. i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition but it doesnt show me...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition but it doesnt show me...: i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe but it doesnt show me how to download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-paid-for-microsoft-flight-sim-deluxe-40th/faa531b7-57b4-404b-8f5d-fcdc90298e0b
  3. i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition but it doesnt show me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition but it doesnt show me...: i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe but it doesnt show me how to download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-paid-for-microsoft-flight-sim-deluxe-40th/faa531b7-57b4-404b-8f5d-fcdc90298e0b
  4. i have paid for microsoft flight sim deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition but it doesnt show me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary to windows 11 pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary to windows 11 pc.: I want to download digital version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary on to my windows 11 pc. I understand it takes hours for this to complete. Do I need to keen my monitor on all the time during download, or can it go into sleep mode whist downloading? Thank you...
  6. Download Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary to windows 11 pc.

Download Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary to windows 11 pc.: I want to download digital version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary on to my windows 11 pc. I understand it takes hours for this to complete. Do I need to keen my monitor on all the time during download, or can it go into sleep mode whist downloading? Thank you...
  7. LOST DISC 2 OF MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE 2006 ANNIVERSARY EDITION

LOST DISC 2 OF MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE 2006 ANNIVERSARY EDITION: I LOST DISC 2 OF MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE 2006 ANNIVERSARY EDITION. IS THERE ANY WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD IT OR BUY ONE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-disc-2-of-microsoft-digital-image-2006/33c17c69-787b-401f-81b1-d1ebbf20db81
  8. Digital Image Suite 2006 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Digital Image Suite 2006 Anniversary Edition: I purchased a new computer that does not have a CD drive. How do I transfer my application to the new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-image-suite-2006-anniversary-edition/7e759a01-6d24-4905-b60c-21b7f83f1cca"
  9. Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update): Hi folks, Background A year or more ago I followed [this guide](How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10) to set the Sign-in screen to a single colour rather than having to use Microsoft's default background image. So I set my own custom background image...
  10. Win 10 and Microsoft Digital Image Anniversary Edition 2006

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 and Microsoft Digital Image Anniversary Edition 2006: All of a sudden my Digital image sort of slowly scans images into it. If I reboot it brings images immediately like it always has with XP, Vista, Win 7, 8 and early versions of Win 10. Any Idea what is going on? My current computer since Windows 7 has a Gigabyte...