Windows 10: Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually

Discus and support Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there Two computers - 1 Laptop, the other a desktop (Actally a "Cube type" HP Proliant Gen 8 Micro Server) updating to anniversary edition. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually

Hi there

Two computers - 1 Laptop, the other a desktop (Actally a "Cube type" HP Proliant Gen 8 Micro Server) updating to anniversary edition. Both connected to my internet via LAN from the same workbench in my "Lab".

1 updates automatically (the laptop) while the server says "Your system is up to date" so I had to do it manually.

Both computers running identical Windows edition (1511 with latest fixes) X-64 Pro GB edition with Icelandic Lang packs installed and Office 2016.

Any idea why the laptop received the update while the server didn't and had to be updated manually.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Mntnaslm Win User

Automatic Anniversary Install ?

I have two computers (1 and 2) that I manually installed the Win10 Anniversary update. My other two computers (3 and 4) not. Will 3 and 4 automatically update to Anniversary ? I've run "check for updates" on both of them and it responds "your computer
    is up to date" but is still running version 1511 or whatever the number is.

Mntnaslm, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Unable to install Windows 10 Anniversary update on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: Anniversary Update

I have tried to update to the new Anniversary version, but as a lot of other users ,it downloads, installs then restarts the computer and sits forever wit black screen and circling dots. I then have to manually reboot several times to revert back to previous
    version of Windows 10.

After reading what others are experiencing when thy do get it installed, I have decided not to try to install this update. However it keeps showing up in the updates and tries to install. Is there a way to stop this ? Will I be able to continue to get other
    updates ?

KevinBrewer1, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually

I had the same deal here. My desktop PC running Education updated automatically via Windows update. My laptop running Education would not. It just kept saying up to date. I just updated it manually. Both were English-US and set to Canada for region/location. Both running defender and no third party menu programs etc. They are as stock as it gets.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I had the same trouble with Mum's pc. I had to download it manually. Mine worked fine. Will test out Dad's machine tomorrow.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2016
  6. BRU
    bru Win User
    I have four Win 10 machines and none have installed the Anniversary Update yet. I read that they are rolling it out so it could take a few days but I think it should have been installed by now on at least one of the machines. Previously they all have had no issues with updates. I know I can do it manually so I'm going to hold out to see if any of them do it on their own.

Thema:

Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually

1. Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually - Similar Threads - Anniversary update computer

2. How do i manually download updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i manually download updates: how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-manually-download-updates/83ed74eb-6b02-4e1b-8cda-63e5a889a297
  3. How do i manually download updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i manually download updates: how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-manually-download-updates/83ed74eb-6b02-4e1b-8cda-63e5a889a297
  4. How do i manually download updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  6. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update download: Where is the best place too get this update,running 1511 now. Want to download to usb for another computer if possible 63540
  8. Manually Download Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690
  9. Do I have the Anniversary Update?

Do I have the Anniversary Update?: Hi. Yesterday, I finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. While sorting a few things out, I saw many references on the Net to the 'Anniversary Update'. Wondering if I had it, I googled and found this: Anniversary update has 1607 build number. You should see Version...
  10. Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%

Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%: I downloaded the Anniversary update on my Alienware M17 laptop (16Gb Ram, i7CPU). The download all went well, but when I restarted, it is still stuck, after 4 hours. The screen says: Working on updates 1% Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. I was able to...