Windows 10: Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

Discus and support Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrDoh, Nov 16, 2016.

1. MrDoh Win User

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with my desktop before the Anniversary Update, and now it connects for a little while and then disconnects. Windows actually disables the adapter, so there's something bad going on with it. Luckily I have a wired connection that I can use in the interim.

I've tried installing the latest utilities and driver (from Asus), repairing them, reinstalling them, using the Windows troubleshooter, and on and on. I cannot get this wireless adapter to work for any period of time. Like I said, used to work great, now it doesn't.

Has anyone else run into this? Anyone been able to fix it?

If not, is there a wireless adapter that can be recommended for Windows 10 with the AU? Looks like I may be in the market.

Thanks.

:)

MrDoh, Nov 16, 2016

2. windows 10 creators update broke existing wifi connection

I am switching to Mac...this is so frustrating. Windows 10 build 1709 broke everything. I have the wireless Tplink usb adapter, the t9e wireless card and the Asus ac56 usb all don't work on this build. I found out any wireless with broadcom chip was the
    problem. so it is windows that is broke. they want fix. I have called so many times. Tplink wants you to do the insider preview and that only allowed my t9e card to work but the home group doesn't now. I will buy an apple before I go buy another adapter. I
    guess I need to get stock in Apple now.

MikeLynn1974, Nov 16, 2016
  3. ASUS USB-AC56 adapter and Windows 10

Finished my tweaking for now. My last post in this thread as I'm done with the Asus USB-AC56, which I couldn't get faster than around 250 Mbps in AC-mode with a third-party firmware, as Asus own firmware did not like the Asus USB-AC56 as I only managed to
    get around 70-90 Mbps out of it.

Ended up with:

Router: RT-AC68U

Firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_4164

Adapter: D-link DWA-192 adapter

Driver: 1030.6.1201.2015

Distance: 4.2 meters in the same room.

Needless to say, but Asus USB-AC56 sucks and will be sold immediately.... Last time I ever buy an Asus product any more.... Thanks

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter [​IMG]

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter [​IMG]

Peter Thai, Nov 16, 2016
  4. MrDoh Win User

Well, removing the driver for the AE3000 seems to have fixed things, the USB-AC56 seems to be working again. Good to see, would have hated to have to replace it.

Anyone else runs into this, think about conflicting drivers!

MrDoh, Nov 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Asus

2. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  3. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  4. external usb wireless adapter

external usb wireless adapter: what is the meaning of IEEE802.11 WLAN not exist and how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-wireless-adapter/793d5d15-100d-4400-b129-5791dc9214dd
  5. ASUS PCE-AC56 issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ASUS PCE-AC56 issues: Hi all, it's been a struggle to find a solution, so here's my desperate post. I installed a new network adapter ASUS PCE-AC56 ("latest driver" from 19-Sep-2015 v.7.35.317.0) on my PC which is running Windows 10 and I'm getting extremely slow download speed when on wifi:...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in: PC was working fine with windows 7 when I installed the driver for a ASUS usb N wireless adapter. Once I updated to windows 10 the pc stopped booting when the adapter is plugged in to any usb port. IE: when power bank is energized the pc will normally do a momentary light...
  7. ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully)

ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully): Alright, i have seen a lot of solutions for this "unique" wifi adapter. There are some good ones to be found IF my solution is not to be at any help. A lot of the solutions there is are quite advanced and u need to do this for make that to do what... But mine is working...
  8. BSOD with wireless USB adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with wireless USB adapter: Hi guys, I had a serious BSOD crash two days ago while settling in a new flat. Got into a BSOD loop until I figured that the TP-Link usb wireless adaptor (TL-WN725N) was the problem. When removed all works fine now (except firefox that doesn't turn on anymore). Every time I...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter: Everything worked fine before the Anniversary Update. Now i cannot setup a hotspot. I reinstalled the drivers that Windows installs by default for the device (Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter - worked before the update). Tried to update it from...
  10. Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary: After the same grief I had upgrading to 10, I was finally able to upgrade to 1607 (anniversary version). My wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update, however once completed, and it restarted to the 1607 update, my usb adapter went...