Windows 10: anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

Discus and support anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems the anniversary update broke the ability to get custom colors though the run and then "control color" method. Is there any other way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrOblivion, Oct 2, 2016.

1. anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

It seems the anniversary update broke the ability to get custom colors though the run and then "control color" method. Is there any other way to achieve this?

:)

MrOblivion, Oct 2, 2016

2. Mail and Calendar "more colors" missing on mobile

I have a Lumia 950, running the latest insider preview. I recently noticed that the Outlook Calendar app no longer has the ability to select more colors when picking a calendar color - it only has the 9 default colors. I used to have the ability to customize
    the colors.. Where did this feature go??

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Personalization and ease of access / Phone

ChrisJaniszewski, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Colour

Rey: We do not actually need to know that. The specific "Custom Color" control is new to recent builds of Windows 10. The
    ability to pick custom colors far predates that change. You could do this via either old UI or the Suggested Colors in Settings. All options discussed achieve the same end.

Cheers,

-Z

zachd [MSFT], Oct 2, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

It didn't "break" it, the feature has been deprecated since Windows 10 came out, they finally just removed the code.

More and more of Windows control panel will disappear with each new release, so expect this.

Mystere, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

1. anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors.... - Similar Threads - anniversary update broke

2. Latest Update Broke Accent Colors >:

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update Broke Accent Colors >:: Updated last night after checking for an update and now my accent colors are broken. My entire Start Menu is gray regardless of what I se tit to. Fix this please. Updating everything else did not fix the issue so don't even suggest "updating my drivers" because as usual...
  3. Windows 10 update broke my ability to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update broke my ability to disable touchpad: I have a 2 year old MSI GL73 8RD laptop. It has a built-in function FN F3 to disable the spawn of Satan touchpad, but this stopped working with a Windows update yesterday. Things I have tried to fix it: -going into Device manager and looking under pointing device only...
  4. New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones: I've been using these headphones with the computer for years. Now, if I connect the headphones, every possible thing that could play audio freezes up. Itunes, MediaMonkey, and Windows Media Player all lock up, and even things in-browser like Youtube, Bandcamp, videos on...
  5. Custom Color

Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  6. Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

Anniversary Upgrade and current customization: Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store) unused apps since I figured they'd likely be reinstalled with the Aug upgrade/update. There is not a Microsoft Account on...
  7. Win10 1607 update broke my customizations

Win10 1607 update broke my customizations: Seems the 1607 update is more of an upgrade and many customizations I had previously done have been reset to their default The first one I'm trying to fix is the volume UI. Is there a new way to change the new volume UI to the old style version? I used to be able to...
  8. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  9. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary upgrade broke Hello: Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now. Before the update Hello worked so-la-la,...
  10. Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer

Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer: I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8625 that worked fine until the windows 10 Anniversary update. It is connected via Ethernet. I can print to the printer fine from iphones, etc. so printer is ok. Windows keeps thinking the printer has gone offline. When I run the troubleshooter,...