Windows 10: Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop

Discus and support Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hi I have now got the Anniversary update on my laptop and not everything is the same .My sticky notes have vanished , I can't open windows store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chrisjaz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Chrisjaz Win User

Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop

Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop [​IMG]
    Hi
    I have now got the Anniversary update on my laptop and not everything is the same .My sticky notes have vanished , I can't open windows store , other apps don't open , I am also getting a box saying , you need to get an app from the store to open this , click ok and nothing happens no highlight on it .
    What can I do , the only good thing is the history being deleted when I close down the laptop.
    Hoping someone can help .
    Thanks

:)

Chrisjaz, Aug 21, 2016
  2. glynnpt Win User

result of Windows Anniversary update

I just updated my Windows 10 using Anniversary update. I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly. It is ok using a wire. I have a second laptop that connects wirelessly without any problem, so it has to be the update that has caused the problem. Anyone
    any ideas?

glynnpt, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Stop code

Hi,

I am having problems with my desktop running Windows 10. Since the anniversary update I keep receiving a blue screen crash with a stopcode "Kmode exception not handled" The computer has not had any changes to the hardware following the anniversary update.
    The only piece of software installed since the update has been removed as I suspected that it may have caused the problem but following removal the problems still occur.

Also since the update a USB storage key that previously worked is now not recognized but will show up on my Windows 10 laptop which has the anniversary update installed.

Very mystified,

Dale Starkey

DaleStarkey, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Chrisjaz Win User

Hi
    I went to Microsoft help desk and they remotely sorted it for me , it was a corrupt update which downloaded the Anniversary update .
    Thank goodness it is back to normal , they were very helpful indeed , Macky T brilliant .

Chrisjaz, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop - Similar Threads - Anniversary update has

2. Anniversary update has a login flaw.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary update has a login flaw.: I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start the windows, or wake it up and go right to the program. Now I can start it when off, but when waking it up I had some kind...
  3. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  4. DNS problems following Anniversary Update on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS problems following Anniversary Update on my Dell laptop: I downloaded and installed the Anniversary update on my Dell laptop last week. Since then, I've been having trouble with the laptop's WiFi adapter setting getting changed from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following DNS server address: 82.163.143.171....
  5. Anniversary Update Drive Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update Drive Problems?: Some people on this forum have reported problems with drives not being detected by Windows or appearing in RAW format - see https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.ph...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0 It seems the problem still remains - see http://www.infoworld.com/article/311...ry-update.html...
  6. Anniversary update killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update killed my laptop: Hi guys Comin over from seven forums *Smile After a recent update, i shut down my notebook. Next time I turned it on it got suck right after POST, so all I see is a blank screen. This happens before windows even begins to load, it's basically a DOS style blank screen...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  9. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...