Windows 10: Anniversary Update issues

Discus and support Anniversary Update issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pendaws, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Pendaws Win User

Anniversary Update issues

I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it.
    Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok,
    Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason?
    I tried downloading a new copy and it started to install then said it had stopped and showed
    the same fault AGAIN?

Anniversary Update issues [​IMG]

The other annoying thing is I have lost the ability to OPEN a file crated by a programme like Excel or Word
    like I used to be able to. Now that the menu is set up like the Insider builds (which I detest), that feature
    appears to have gone? Am I missing something? is there an easy way to restore this feature or, do I
    have to put up with it? or, do I have to add MORE links to files I use and clutter up the desktop or Task Bar?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. *Smile

:)

Pendaws, Aug 2, 2016

2. Eject options inconsistent between USB stick and USB external drive - Windows 10

This issue is still present on a 32bit system with the Anniversary Update. The 64bit system with the Anniversary Update is fine

Ron

Ron Hewett, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Robfly Win User
    Inaccessible boot drive after Anniversary Update

I found if your having anniversary update issues to create a media creation boot disk (usb or dvd)

boot from it and rerun the window 10 update.

it will fix most of the issues and upgrade you to window 10 anniversary update

one exception is if you have an Atom CPU, the anniversary update doesn't work and will fail back

Rob

Robfly, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Pendaws Win User

Well, it appears, that after more restarts than I could count, the Adobe reader is again functioning and, the issue with the links
    I found how to fix. I tried to left click on the link for Excel and a new sub menu popped up with the link for my files at the bottom.

Pendaws, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update issues - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update issues

2. Anniversary Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Issue: I keep reading about the anniversary Issue. What is it and do I want it? 64153
  3. Anniversary Update issues with small devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update issues with small devices: Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been trying for many hours over the past week, mainly with the help of several Microsoft Support technicians. I terminated the last...
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary update Mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Anniversary update Mouse issue: Anyone else having issues after their Windows 10 anniversary update that the mouse scroll is insane?. already set it to move only 1 line, but doesn't seem to fix it... Kinda lost here All my programs 1 little scroll, makes things fly over the screen. Didn't have that...
  5. Anniversary Update and touchpad issues

Anniversary Update and touchpad issues: Soon after the windows 10 anniversary update was available I installed it on a Dell D 630. Right away I had issues with the touchpad. Text would be highlighted that I did not select by merely passing the mouse pointer over it. Pages would change without my commands. So I...
  6. Webcam issues in Anniversary Update to be fixed in September

Webcam issues in Anniversary Update to be fixed in September: hello i have YOGA 2 PRO from long time cant use my webcam its not working almost of time you can say 99.99% and the 0.1% its come and broken and led light open and off without cam on ; i try every thing all solution i do but no resultant yesterday i see news ...i need...
  7. Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update: I use a program called Dashware to overlay telemetry data from my racecar onto video taken with a GoPro to provide driver coaching to identify how I can go faster. The Dashware software is now owned by GoPro, but is no longer developed. Dashware runs fine under version...
  8. windows 10 anniversary update issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 anniversary update issues: Hello I would like all of you people to post here any issues you encountered during or after installation of the Windows 10 anniversary update. Maybe we can use this as an index of issues to expect... 81448
  9. Anniversary Update - high DPI issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - high DPI issues: Anyone has come across this and found a solution? Yesterday I updated my OS to the latest build (1607) and since then I've been experiencing strange problems with fonts display. I use 4K monitor and after the upgrade different UI parts are now not scaled to high DPI at all....
  10. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...