Windows 10: Anniversary update not showing up

Discus and support Anniversary update not showing up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, ‏‎11:33 AM I upgraded from 7 U to 10 Pro about a month ago, I appear to be running 1511, 10586.494... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cnc, Aug 4, 2016.

1. CNC
    cnc Win User

Anniversary update not showing up

Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, ‏‎11:33 AM

I upgraded from 7 U to 10 Pro about a month ago, I appear to be running 1511, 10586.494
    I haven't upgraded to any preview builds or anything.

I haven't seen any new updates since the 17th of july besides windows defender updates.
    The "Anniversary update" Just isn't showing up, I want to try the new bash stuff since I'm a linux guy.

Any ideas?

:)

2. Hard drive not showing up after Anniversary Update

It seems that this is quite a popular problem. My recommendation would be to find a way to back the data up somehow if it's really important and then try to reformat the drive under an updated system and restore the backup and see if
    the drive works properly. Otherwise you need to wait for an answer from MS if this issue can be fixed and how.

Can you
    assign a drive letter
    in Disk Management without formatting the drive?

Captain_WD, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Hard drive not showing up after Anniversary Update

If you need the data from the drive you could try booting a Linux OS from a flash drive and see if you can get the data off the drive and then simply format it under the new OS and continue using the drive. Anniversary update not showing up :)

Captain_WD, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

Mooly, Aug 4, 2016
  5. I think that if you updated less than 30 days ago then the update won't be offered through Windows update until 30 days have elapsed. If your move from 7 to 10 was about a month ago then you might just be on the cusp. Could use the MCT as suggested or maybe give Windows update a few more days to send it your way

Scottyboy99, Aug 4, 2016
  6. CNC
    cnc Win User
    I can't do clean install, It would take me a month to get all my settings back in place and re-install all the software I use (lots of expensive software) (Exactly as long as the last time, so I'm not exaggerating), I would also not be able to effectively run my business in that time. Clean install is a disaster at this time.
    I have about 5 days till the one month mark.

7. Berton Win User
    I'm also not seeing the AU/Anniversary Update yet but some things I've read suggest waiting a bit. I've downloaded the .iso files, 32-bit and 64-bit, but not in a hurry to do the update. I have a separate computer running the latest Insider Preview which I understand is pretty close to the AU.

Berton, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Slugger Win User

I used media creation tool to upgrade to version 1607. Any PC's running 1511 this is the way to go if you don't want to wait.

Slugger, Aug 5, 2016
  9. Mansome Win User
    I am really starting to think that getting it from Windows Update is broken now. I have tried it on 2 VMs and 2 PCs and on each it never found it no matter how many times I hit check for updates. Neither machine was on a domain or deferring updates. Only 1 was running the 10240 version but the other 3 1511 version. In the end I just downloaded the ISO and ran it from there on all 4 machines.

Mansome, Sep 12, 2016
  10. rm22 Win User
    It seemed to show up for me after running wushowhide utility

11. Bree New Member
  12. bunyip22 Win User
    I also have yet to receive the AU but considering the number of problems that have been associated with it, it seems prudent to keep waiting.

bunyip22, Sep 12, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Wise... of course you can try it and roll back (within 10 days) if 1607 doesn't work for you, but if the update or roll back goes horribly wrong, you may be in tears regretting you hadn't started to use disk imaging routinely before the upgrade. (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) ).

Pro users can defer upgrades of course.

dalchina, Sep 13, 2016
  14. rm22 Win User
    Home users can defer using wushowhide once the upgrade has been "offered" through WU

15. Astrolite Win User
    So if I have Windows Update set to automatic is it just going to install it without giving me a choice? Don't think I want that to happen!

Astrolite, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary update not showing up - Similar Threads - Anniversary update showing

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Windows Anniversary update lockups up at 23% installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Anniversary update lockups up at 23% installation: Greetings Windows 10 Home - 64 bit - Been running Windows 10 fine for many months 1) When attempting to install the Anniversary Update the download and initial (within Windows GUI) installation proceeded normally other then on first effort there was a message that were...
  4. win10 anniversary update shows connection but no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 anniversary update shows connection but no internet access: Ever since i installed the anniversary update to both my desktop and my sister's laptop, both systems show that they are connected to the internet (desktop connected via ethernet while the laptop via wifi) but pages can't seem to load. However, i formatted both systems and i...
  5. Anniversary Update Problem

Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  6. Why no anniversary update?

Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  7. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  8. anniversary update, accept or not

anniversary update, accept or not: I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others. Can it be delayed at all. Upgraded from 7 to 10 last December. 59811
  9. Get up to date with the MediaCreationTool or get Anniversary Update

Get up to date with the MediaCreationTool or get Anniversary Update: Hi, My Windows 10 Home 64-bit automatic updates work well. My Windows version 1511, which I think is out of date. There have been many improvements. and I want to the anniversary update which will upgrade the Window version to 1607. [img] However, when I downloaded...
  10. Win10 Anniversary Update “RTM” Build 1607 Shows Up in Microsoft Docs

in Windows 10 News
    Win10 Anniversary Update “RTM” Build 1607 Shows Up in Microsoft Docs: Windows 10 Anniversary Update “RTM” Build 1607 Shows Up in Microsoft Docs Again Build 1607 is believed to be the final version of the update [img] Microsoft is projected to launch the Windows 10 Anniversary Update this summer, but the company hasn’t provided any...