Windows 10: Anniversary Update Problem

Discus and support Anniversary Update Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cbwilsha, Aug 2, 2016.

1. cbwilsha Win User

Anniversary Update Problem

I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a Win 10 OEM machine upgraded through Windows update and it shows 14393.10.

:)

cbwilsha, Aug 2, 2016
  2. furdeal Win User

Windows 10 sometimes sticks on black screen with spinning dots on startup

Does the ISO file used in the repair upgrade already include the Anniversary update? My problems only started after the Anniversary update. Was the installation of the update corrupt, so a new installation of the update will fix things? Seems more likely
    that the problem is with the update itself. Will I have to reinstall the anniversary update after the repair upgrade? Seems pointless. The same problems will reappear or new problems. Just give me a way to fix the problems I have. I already fixed the buzzing
    sound problem, the disappearing taskbar problem, and the can't-launch apps problem, all caused by the anniversary update. Help me solve this hanging black screen problem. I'm starting to hate Windows 10!

furdeal, Aug 2, 2016
  3. windows 10 anniversary update

I have been trying to get the latest updates after the anniversary came out, but there seems to be a problem, I go in and run the updates and it just keeps trying to install the anniversary update.

This has been a problem for some time but what about all other updates? will microsoft correct the problems with the anniversary update? if so when and how can we get the tools and other things that come with it

GregoryFye52, Aug 2, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You will get a cumulative update shortly via Windows Update that will take you from .0 to .10. This is the normal way it goes.

NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    Thank you Sir! How silly of me to expect an upgrade download dated 8/2 and installed 8/2 would have the latest update! *Biggrin

cbwilsha, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update Problem - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Problem

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem: Hello guys, I have small problem updating Windows 10 to the Anniversary update/build on my PC. I was downloading the 1607 build this morning through Windows update as usual and it installed some other updates, but not the build update. Now it keeps saying that my PC is...
  5. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  6. Anniversary Update Drive Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update Drive Problems?: Some people on this forum have reported problems with drives not being detected by Windows or appearing in RAW format - see https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.ph...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0 It seems the problem still remains - see http://www.infoworld.com/article/311...ry-update.html...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....: Hi, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro edition 10586.494 without issue,as I have not yet received the automatic update to the Anniversary Edition I decided to install it manually. I downloaded the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and it checked my PC and proceeded to...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...