Windows 10: Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster

Discus and support Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was having issues in mid July around the last update on the original Win 10 build. July 12th updates to be specific. Around that time I had some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Swaglife81, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster

I was having issues in mid July around the last update on the original Win 10 build. July 12th updates to be specific. Around that time I had some issues that could have been all kinds of possibilities (malware or hardware or just bad files) I went for a full clean install from a bootable usb that deleted partitions and created new ones. Everything was great and a few days later which was 2 days ago I decided to download the 14393 pre_release build that went to manufacturers. All is well no issues.

PC runs great. I can tell that RAM is managed much better on this version (1607) than the last Win 10. Restart and Boot are amazingly fast which was a lot of my problems pre 1607 Windows 10. When my issues were going on around mid July. Those 2 weeks I ran every test I could. I ran diagnostics, disk checks, etc etc to make sure my laptop was 100% on everyway. I'm not a expert but I would say I'm a intermediate to advanced user as I will never have to take a PC into the repair shop.

Now onto my questions. Prior to the anniversary update I tweaked every little thing I could to make my 3 year old Dell run amazing. So many tweaks I can't remember but not in a bone headed way. One adjustment I might have made last August and the next a week later. So a year later I have no idea what these were aside from the Beginner tweaks like startup programs, battery and performance settings. All the beginner noob basics I know.

It just seems like certain parts of the system just aren't snappy as I had them before. I don't know if its animations which I have that on performance or if its app loading. I know a good amount of stuff from Windows 8 transferred over and I made a good amount of registry adjustments to values. Seemed like I had a list of like 20 tips and most were just those simple adjustments but again this has been 1-2 years since doing/reading this stuff. startmenudelay or app loading times, times to close apps, the ones that made each thing windows does a little bit faster. It wasn't 1 adjustment or setting to change it all. But after a few weeks on the original Win 10 back a year ago I increased performance a good amount.

So if you guys have some guides, write-ups, tutorials, etc throw them my way. Please don't say turn off background apps or adjust startup programs, etc because I'm way past that point. That's something I take a look at all the time. The stuff I'm asking about is the set once and leave alone til the next clean install/new version.

Thanks in advance

:)

Swaglife81, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Hero1318 Win User

Win 10 Anniversary Update battery drain

I turned off Fast Startup in the Power options for the Win 10 Anniversary Update and also updated the Intel Management Engine for Win 10 64-bit from

here

Disabling Fast Startup makes it boot slower, but seems to help some with the battery drain. Updating ME also helps. But even with both those changes, the battery still drains faster than it did before updating to the latest version of Win 10.

Hero1318, Jul 31, 2016
  3. priyku Win User
    notification and action bar

hi ...i have updated windows anniversary update...now at some pont my notification and action bar is not working ...no ...notification are coming...plz...help

priyku, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster

1. Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update actions

2. Computer way slower and wallpaper and some desktop icons not loading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer way slower and wallpaper and some desktop icons not loading.: I hope this is the right topic.So a few days ago I put my PC to sleep, something I normally do when I'm going to be away, but not for too long. I get back home and nap for a few hours, get up and turn my PC on.I am greeted with discord and a blue loading circle for my mouse,...
  3. Computer way slower and wallpaper and some desktop icons not loading.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer way slower and wallpaper and some desktop icons not loading.: I hope this is the right topic.So a few days ago I put my PC to sleep, something I normally do when I'm going to be away, but not for too long. I get back home and nap for a few hours, get up and turn my PC on.I am greeted with discord and a blue loading circle for my mouse,...
  4. Some actions slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some actions slow: Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it shuts off. Have PCMatic antivirus, did scan, all okay. Checked internet speed, 293 Download, 701 Up. Have Logitech M215...
  5. Some actions slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some actions slow: Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it shuts off. Have PCMatic antivirus, did scan, all okay. Checked internet speed, 293 Download, 701 Up. Have Logitech M215...
  6. Some actions slow

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?: The thing is, my gaming PC just has loads of useless stuff just sitting around from years and years of use. I’ve noticed it’s clunky and a little slower now. I googled how to clean a PC and was wondering what is a good routine? I’ve seen many different options. What would...
  8. Why my PC is getting slower after some time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my PC is getting slower after some time?: Hello, this is my first time posting this kind of question, but I don't really know where to go next with my problem. In summary - after a restart my PC works pretty fast and everything is fine, but after less then 24 hours it feels slow and laggy. I use my computer for...
  9. Update history some failed some successful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history some failed some successful: Showing below is my current update history. Some failed. My question is that if subsequent updates with different "KB" numbers that are successful make up, so to speak for those that failed earlier?...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working: I have had Windows 10 since they rolled it out. One of the things I hated was the Windows 7 Solitaire was gone. I found it online and downloaded it. It was the exact same Solitaire game and it worked fine until last week when I got the Anniversary update. Now it will not open...