Windows 10: Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%

Discus and support Anniversary Update Stuck at 1% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the Anniversary update on my Alienware M17 laptop (16Gb Ram, i7CPU). The download all went well, but when I restarted, it is still stuck,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pappo46, Aug 3, 2016.

1. pappo46 Win User

Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%

I downloaded the Anniversary update on my Alienware M17 laptop (16Gb Ram, i7CPU). The download all went well, but when I restarted, it is still stuck, after 4 hours.
    The screen says:

Working on updates 1%
    Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while.

I was able to download the Anniversary Update ISO, before I did the Anniversary Update, so I do have that as a backup, but won't that destroy all the data on my C drive?

My questions are:

1. How long did the Anniversary Update take on your PC?

2.. What is the recommended action to take ?

:)

pappo46, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows update stuck at "installing updates 1 of 1.." Page

Hi,

First check if you can boot to safe mode and how does it work in safe mode.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting mode that can help you isolate problems. Safe mode disables unnecessary programs and drivers at startup, so you can determine whether it's a basic setting or driver that's causing your issues.

If safe mode works fine then try clean boot and boot to normal mode from safe mode.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note:

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Since you are unable to boot to the desktop you can create aWindows 10 installation disc. Using that disc
    you can perform the following troubleshooting methods.

Booting to Recovery Environment with Windows 10 installation media.

This is an alternate way to boot the PC and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an
    option screen.

e) Click Advanced options in
    Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click Automatic Repair from
    Advanced Options screen.

g) Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

h) Windows 10 will then look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Anannya Podder, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Vignesh.k Win User
    Windows update stuck at "installing updates 1 of 1.." Page

After downloading free win 10 update..i m stuck at the "keep your pc on until this is done.installing update 1 of 1..." Page for more than 5 hours.

please help!

any way to continue..? Or how to recover at this point..?

Vignesh.k, Aug 3, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

1) I haven't done the upgrade online on any of my 3 systems. I always used an .ISO.

I have an old laptop set to treat WiFi as a metered connection. When I tried to update to the latest build (14393.10) of the Anniversary Update through WiFi, it froze at 6%. I connected it to my router with an ethernet cable, and the update proceeded quickly.

2) If you have the .ISO, you can mount it as a virtual disk. You can upgrade from that (just launch setup.exe). You have the option of preserving your files and "apps".

You could also create a bootable USB drive or DVD from the .ISO. You'd then have the option of doing an upgrade (if you booted into the existing Windows installation) or a clean install (if you booted from the flash drive or DVD).

I suggest spending a little time in the Tutorials here. Not all of them are organized in the most readable fashion, but they cover all the details.

bobkn, Aug 3, 2016
  5. pappo46 Win User
    Thank you bobkn for the reply.

I am not familiar with the "virtual disk" concept. How do you mount the ISO ?
    I did download the ISO and used ISOtoUSB to put it on a bootable flash drive.

pappo46, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Right click on the ISO and select Mount.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2016
  7. pappo46 Win User
    Thanks to everyone for your help. I mounted the ISO and completed the update.
    Appreciate it.

pappo46, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update Stuck at 1% - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Stuck

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update stuck at Windows logo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update stuck at Windows logo: I had Windows 10 version 1511 installed on my computer already. Today, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update arrived via Windows Update. It downloaded fine. After the restart, the Windows Update configured without problems to 100%. During the installation after 71%, the...
  4. Windows update stuck at downloading updates 1%

Windows update stuck at downloading updates 1%: Hey, so I have this problem, I have installed fresh windows 10 about a month ago and now I wanted to check for updates, and well, that works, but if I want to actually install them, it says it's downloading the updates but no network activity other than google chrome is...
  5. Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually

Anniversary update - 1 computer downloads other have to do it manually: Hi there Two computers - 1 Laptop, the other a desktop (Actally a "Cube type" HP Proliant Gen 8 Micro Server) updating to anniversary edition. Both connected to my internet via LAN from the same workbench in my "Lab". 1 updates automatically (the laptop) while the...
  6. Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1%

Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1%: I have my settings on to receive windows updates automatically. In the past three weeks I keep seeing that in the history all updates have failed to either download or install. Is there a way to fix this problem? 42557
  7. Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update: Just completed anniversary update and I find Device Manager shows one "Other Device": "Unknown Device", with Hardware ID of "WsAudioDevice-383(1)". From other research I gather this is connected with Realtek Audio. Update Driver doesn't work! Only 2 of my 5.1 speakers...
  8. D/Led win10 anniversary update...stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    D/Led win10 anniversary update...stuck in safe mode: everything went smoothly the restarts and all....but after the final restart my PC has been stuck in Safe Mode and I have no clue how to get it back to regular mode. I've tried the win+r and checking the safe mode box on the boot tab, and that didn't work. also tried Command...
  9. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  10. Anniversary Update stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update stuck at 99%: I went to bed last night when it go to abt 92%. Got up today and it's stuck at Getting the Update Ready - 99%. I got the update link here: Windows 10 Should I kill the process and try again or a different site? --+ 58752