Windows 10: Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games.

Discus and support Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Chess Giants is the new improved version of Windows Vista Chess Titans. After installing the game, I checked in the Registry. There is only a 32Bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mooly, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games.

Chess Giants is the new improved version of Windows Vista Chess Titans.

After installing the game, I checked in the Registry. There is only a 32Bit version installed. *Wink

Here is their Website.
    Quality chess software – Chess Giants

Hope this helps'
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2016
  2. mart1981 Win User

If you go here you may be pleasantly surprised.

mart1981, Aug 3, 2016
  3. ddgm91 Win User
    I have Windows 10 build 14393.10 and all my old Win 7 games are working including Chess Titans, just checked. I installed these games after 14393.3 came out as FreeCell changed the way it was scored. No running tally of games won. I had over 4000 won and only 6 losses in the prior version.

ddgm91, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games.

Thanks for the link, It works great. I use the Mahjong game and this new install added a tile to the start menu. The old version didn't.

Update. I just play a game and it remembered my previous scores and this is after uninstalling the old version.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Bumpkin Win User
    Thanks so much for the link!

The games even found the statistics left over from the upgrade.

Bumpkin, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for all the replies folks. Yep, I've installed the Winaero games as well. Its much better having a single launch tile than having to create one for each game. In fact, although the method I tried yesterday (a few posts up from this) worked, some of the games wouldn't run due to a missing dll do-dah. Those were Freecell, Hearts and the two Solitaire games.

Anyhow, great result all round. I think we'll mark this as solved *Smile

Mooly, Aug 3, 2016
  7. rosiesdad Win User
    Hey HEy HEY Well done, Im back in business. Thanks

rosiesdad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games.

1. Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games. - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update run

2. W7 or vista and older OS looks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W7 or vista and older OS looks: How can I make my w10 look like idk, w98 or xp or vista or something of the sort submitted by /u/justanotherdogno1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1by61mq/w7_or_vista_and_older_os_looks/
  3. Windows 10 on laptop that was originally Vista

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on laptop that was originally Vista: I have an HP laptop that was a 2008 model that was purchased at Sam's Club in 2009. It came with the Vista operating system and I have the product key and an install disk for that. I also have a Windows 7 disk that either came with the laptop or was mailed to me by HP....
  4. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  5. Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update: I get an awful stutter when gaming after my PC updated itself to 1607. I play only two games, Battlefield 4 and QuakeLive. I always play with vsync on. Right now anything below 144 fps results in stuttering which feels like gaming with 50-60 fps in BF4 (gfx settings...
  6. Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?: Hi all, just joined up. I don't use W10 myself yet but I'm about to set up an all-in-one PC for an elderly relative. She's a great fan of many old games, like Bejeweled, Flipwords, Text Twist, Luxor etc, and owns 20 or 30. But I'm beginning to wonder if old software...
  7. Updating to 10 using original key from vista to 7.

Updating to 10 using original key from vista to 7.: I am getting ready to upgrade to Win 10 on my Dell Studio 1535 laptop. I have been reviewing the forum to see what issues I may encounter and I have not encountered a solution (that may mean I did not understand) . First, I do have a legal copy (3) of win 7 home premium. I...
  8. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

Updates post Anniversary just keep running: Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being...
  9. Store apps not running after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps not running after anniversary update: Before the anniversary update all of my Windows Store apps were working properly. Now some of the apps will start the app splash screen like it is going to launch, then it exits back to the desktop. I have searched the issue of windows store apps not running on the internet....
  10. Running out of memory since Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of memory since Anniversary update: When I play DDO, I also have chrome and Explorer open. This was never a problem until the anniversary update. Now I get screen messages saying I need to close something because I am running out of memory. Task manager shows memory usage at 89 - 91%. Even after I closed...