Windows 10: Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

Discus and support Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MRaven, Oct 28, 2016.

1. MRaven Win User

Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech support and on my own. Documents are sitting in the print queue, but my printer will not print them.

I am not the only person in this situation; and we are tired of explaining that we know what the steps are, and have done them all several times. Hours have been spent on this matter, and I am fed up. Can this matter be escalated past the Windows 10 tech support? *Shock

:)

MRaven, Oct 28, 2016

2. win 10 version 1607 caused hp7520 printer spool queue to fail to empty after print is complete

Was Win10 Anniversary Update offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually?

When did you purchase the printer?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 28, 2016
  3. UDNL Win User
    windows 10 print problems

Hi,

no, didn't work either. I did a repair upgrade, roll-back to the Win10 anniversary update, a clean boot without all stuff etc., nothing worked.

Finally I found out that the ports used for the printers were messed up, I have two HP printers, a Color Laserjet 3600 and a PageWide477dw. The CLJ3600 is connected via Ethernet to the router, the print server in the printer is named vigor10, this is used
    for the port so that the printer does not disappear if the IP changes.

When looking in the assignment of the port called vigor10, the printer assigned was no longer the CLJ3600 but the HPPW477dw, this cannot work ...

So I went offline, restartet the PC, deleted the port for the CLJ3600, and voila, all printers there and working, except the CLJ3600, which I cannot install any more. This worked without problems under Win10 Anniversary Edition, but not with the new build.
    Even installing with Win7 compatibility settings does not work, there seems to be a dll no longer working with Win10 (the error message shows a file hpdiu.exe not working, sometimes another msg shows, saying the the communication with the printer settings
    does not work any longer ...).

The printer drivers itself are fine, I now use the printer via a workgroup Win7 PC. The CLJ3600 is several years old, so probably neither HP nor Microsoft will work on this, let's close the issue.

4. spunk Win User

This is not a Microsoft 10 issue. When MS does a major update, manufacturers must also update their drivers for the new OS.
    What is the make and model# of your Printer?
    First, go to Start/Devices and Printers. Is there more then one of your printers listed? If so, right click and Remove Device of any duplicated or greyed out printers that are no longer on your system. Highlight your existing printer and choose See What's Printing, go to toolbar to Document/Cancel. Cancel all documents in the queue.
    Once the queue is cleared, right click the printer and Remove Device
    NowGo to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand Printers, right click your Printer and Uninstall it. Now remove the USB cable from the computer end.
    Now, go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Programs and Features, uninstall any printer, scanner software you have.
    Restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers web site. type in your make and model# and download the latest printer driver for your model.
    During the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable to the computer. Do not do this until it tells you to, Once the printer is installed and it prints, go back to Devices and Printers. Right click the printer and make it the Default Printer, so it has a check next to it. Agree you don't want Windows to manage which printer is the Default.

spunk, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Win10

2. after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not: Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the...
  3. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update. (1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone...
  4. Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer: I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8625 that worked fine until the windows 10 Anniversary update. It is connected via Ethernet. I can print to the printer fine from iphones, etc. so printer is ok. Windows keeps thinking the printer has gone offline. When I run the troubleshooter,...
  5. Win10 Anniversary update - no sound, reinstalling drivers doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Anniversary update - no sound, reinstalling drivers doesn't work: I have an HP Envy 15 laptop running Win 10, and a few days ago the sound just cut out. I've tried the usual reinstallation of both the IDT HD audio driver and the generic Windows audio driver, as well as finding the latest drivers on the HP website, to no avail. On the...
  6. win10 anniversary update shows connection but no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 anniversary update shows connection but no internet access: Ever since i installed the anniversary update to both my desktop and my sister's laptop, both systems show that they are connected to the internet (desktop connected via ethernet while the laptop via wifi) but pages can't seem to load. However, i formatted both systems and i...
  7. Win10 Anniversary Update - Logging in takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update - Logging in takes long time: I had upgraded my laptop to Win10 AU yesterday and installed updates and stuff like that. Everything is running fine However, after entering my password from the logon prompt, it would say Welcome... like for 15 to 20 seconds and then my desktop would load normally. I am...
  8. Win10 Anniversary "Search" not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary "Search" not working: I just noticed that my "Search" function does not work anymore. I press the Start button or the search icon in the taskbar and try to type, but nothing more happens. Any ideas why this might've happened? 66077
  9. Win10 Anniversary Update Woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update Woes: Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15...
  10. (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes: sometimes the task bar freezes. i cannot open or close any program using the task bar icons. i cannot access the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar. open programs continue to run all right. i uninstalled the last two programs that i installed before the problem....