Windows 10: Anniversary Update woes

Discus and support Anniversary Update woes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I recently rolled back my desktop from the anniversary update because I was noticing problems with start times (slower), my wifi (poor connection)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CuriousD, Aug 19, 2016.

1. CuriousD Win User

Anniversary Update woes

Hi. I recently rolled back my desktop from the anniversary update because I was noticing problems with start times (slower), my wifi (poor connection) and bluetooth (connection problems with no audio). After trying to reinstall my drivers which had no success, I decided to roll back my desktop and everything works fine. Windows updates automatically so the question I have is what to do about this new update. Do I find a way to prevent updates or bite the bullet and hope that it was a bad anniversary install? Thanks.

:)

CuriousD, Aug 19, 2016
  2. Mike_Keys Win User
    Mike_Keys, Aug 19, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    kjl1956, Aug 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Anniversary Update woes

Hi, a very brief look at drivers for your OS suggests there's a BIOS update listed as 'urgent' for Win 10 x64, and quite a number of driver updates recommended. Win 10 should take care of routine drivers automatically as you'll probably know. It may be worth checking DELL's forum for others' experience with your particular PC.

In general some people have reported issues with WiFi, internet and bluetooth.. feel free to search the forum.

The Tutorial section includes instructions on blocking updates if you choose to go that way.

Always best to use disk imaging before major changes and updating your image(s) routinely as upgrades have been known to go wrong. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage).

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
  5. damocles Win User
    I disabled the windows update service a long time ago - there is no way I am letting MS mess up my system without my consent to an update. MS has been having a bad time with the Anniversary update and has even compensated businesses for loss of trade.

damocles, Aug 19, 2016
  6. bbinnard Win User
    Welcome to the club.

bbinnard, Aug 20, 2016
  7. CuriousD Win User
    Thanks. I looked to see if there were any updates from Dell on my computer, but I didn't see any. I don't mind having the updates. Is there such a thing as a bad install for these updates? Do I trust another attempt at an update when the time comes?

CuriousD, Aug 22, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Anniversary Update woes

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anniversary Update woes

1. Anniversary Update woes - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update woes

2. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Update woes.: The latest windows 10 update wiped out several programs, removed the password or PIN option completely and so boots straight into windows 10. Will only open in Safe Mode and will not recognise anything to do with wifi. Most programs that are left have failed to open. Bios...
  3. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More Update woes.: The latest windows 10 update wiped out several programs, removed the password or PIN option completely and so boots straight into windows 10. Will only open in Safe Mode and will not recognise anything to do with wifi. Most programs that are left have failed to open. Bios...
  4. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update Installation Woes

Update Installation Woes: Perhaps the solution to this is very simple. Either way I am voicing this concern here because it has been very frustrating: Two days ago, I was prompted to schedule a time to restart computer for update installation. I scheduled a time --intentionally--when I would not be...
  6. Update Woes

Update Woes: This is just an opinion for discussion, so far I was able to correct things. To Microsoft: Why do you keep updating Windows 10? And why must you set everything on my PC back to defaults? Do you know how long it takes to reset everything back on my PC? And this...
  7. Windows Update woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update woes: Over the past couple days I've encountered some troubles. My work tablet updated and is now giving me a blue screen and xc0000098 error on startup. Honestly this ones no big deal. The geek squad guys are taking care of it. However, last night my laptop decided it would...
  8. Win10 1803 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 1803 Update Woes: Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most...
  9. Anniversary Update woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update woes: This update was a pain in the ass. First two tries, I got a non-working Start Menu and unstable Chrome and Explorer. They kept crashing whenever I'd try to back up files. Had to revert to previous build to accomplish that. Finally got things stable, after having to do a fresh...
  10. Win10 Anniversary Update Woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update Woes: Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15...