Windows 10: Anniversary update won't install - no error code

Discus and support Anniversary update won't install - no error code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've downloaded the update for my laptop through windows update 3 times now. Each time it completes download, then restarts, configures updates, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pjollop, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Pjollop Win User

Anniversary update won't install - no error code

I've downloaded the update for my laptop through windows update 3 times now. Each time it completes download, then restarts, configures updates, then gives me the notification: "We couldn't finish installing updates" Following that, a check of my update history shows no failed attempt or any reference to the update being downloaded. There is not at any stage an error code.
    I have run the Windows Update Trouble Shooter with no result.
    Any ideas will be welcome.

(I have a monthly isp download limit of 10 gb and with the speed i get it takes 4 hours to download the update so it has to be done after midnight so it doesn't count against the download limit *Sleepy )

:)

Pjollop, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Dave494 Win User

Cannot update Windows 10 with Anniversary update - error 0x80070057

Whenever I try to update Windows 10 to the latest anniversary update, using the Windows 10 Upgrade tool, it downloads, verifies OK then stops at 2% with the error code 0x80070057.

I've tried everything, restarting, sfc /scannow, DISM repair, deleting temporary files etc but it
    won't install!

Please help. Why won't it update?

I've tried using Windows Update itself, but it does not offer the anniversary update.

Dave494, Aug 25, 2016
  3. nd77422 Win User
    MMS not working since Anniversary Update

Thanks, but tried that and still doesn't work. I am experiencing a range of random issues and all have only occurred since the Anniversary Update.

1) Can't send or receive MMS

2) Uber app won't progress past the title logo screen (have installed and tried again)

3) Hilton Hhonors app won't install. Gets stuck at 'acquiring licence' in Store and then error code

4) WhatsApp still works but the updated version won't download in Store

It's odd because some apps can still be downloaded/installed/updated but not these (so far). It's like there was something in the Anniversary Update that doesn't agree with something in the app. The MMS issue is ridiculous though as that's a basic function.

nd77422, Aug 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, download the ISO manually and create a bootable medium (which is useful in various circumstances).
    (How - where- see the Tutorial section or search the net- not difficult).

That way you download once and can retry and have it available for other purposes. Also you avoid issues with Windows update.

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

Disable any AV. Disconnect any devices you don't need. Uninstall any program that affects or modifies your GUI.

Do a clean boot then try the upgrade using the Win 10 DVD/USB.

If it fails again, you can have a look at the log:
    Windows Update logs are now generated using ETW (Event Tracing for Windows).
    Please run the Get-WindowsUpdateLog PowerShell command to convert ETW traces into a readable WindowsUpdate.log.

For more information, please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=518345

Good luck!

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary update won't install - no error code - Similar Threads - Anniversary update won't

2. latest security update won't finish installing...error code: 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    latest security update won't finish installing...error code: 0x80070643: I am trying to update the latest 2024-01 security update to Windows 22H2. It fails after a few minutes with error code0x80070643. I haven't had any issues before today. Any suggestions appreciated....
  3. latest security update won't finish installing...error code: 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest security update won't finish installing...error code: 0x80070643: I am trying to update the latest 2024-01 security update to Windows 22H2. It fails after a few minutes with error code0x80070643. I haven't had any issues before today. Any suggestions appreciated....
  4. latest security update won't finish installing...error code: 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 anniversary update - error code 0x8007001f

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update - error code 0x8007001f: Hi all, I cannot update to Windows 10 anniversary update. I get the 0x8007001f error code. Here is the log from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log Code: 2016-09-08 17:28:05, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class...
  6. Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can'

Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can': Has anyone else run into this problem while trying to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade? The updater gives me this message, saying "Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10", but it provides no name for the app and provides no way to...
  7. Error code 0x80070070 when trying to update to Anniversary edition

Error code 0x80070070 when trying to update to Anniversary edition: I am trying to update to Anniversary edition of Windows 10 on 32GB ASUS Tablet. The update to 1511 went just fine. Now I am getting error when trying to upgrade to 1607 using Windows10Upgrade.28084. It checks compatibility and CPU, Memory and disc capacity all show good. Then...
  8. Anniversary update - ERROR 0xc190012f

Anniversary update - ERROR 0xc190012f: Trying to update to the Anniversary Win 10 and after about an hour of "thinking" it said that it couldn't finish because of Error 0xc190012f. Currently the PC is running Win 10 with no outstanding updates, as far as I know. Anyone else get this error or have a suggestion...
  9. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  10. Anniversary update won't complete...

Anniversary update won't complete...: I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the anniversary update it goes through all of the downloads and then sometime during the update it quits with... "Something went...