Windows 10: Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size

Discus and support Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I previously used an old (WinXP) programme to replace the defauly Date/Time with a much improved but longer version. The box accomodated this by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr Nick, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Dr Nick Win User

Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size

I previously used an old (WinXP) programme to replace the defauly Date/Time with a much improved but longer version. The box accomodated this by allowing width expansion. Is there any way to prevent this upgrade forcing the width back to the inadequate space I now have?
    Many thanks in anticipation *Sad

:)

Dr Nick, Nov 26, 2016
  2. Lisa5691 Win User

Windows 10 anniversary update and Chrome

Has anyone else had their font size decrease quit a bit in Chrome after this windows 10 anniversary update? I know how to change the size of the font in the settings, but it is still extremely small. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lisa5691, Nov 26, 2016
  3. mfbrown Win User
    Windows 10 Stuck On Spinning Dots Before Login Screen

I have several (20+) computers that I have been allowing to automatically update to Anniversary Edition or subsequent upgrades. For some reason a handful of the computers get stuck on the spinning dots during reboot. What seems to be working for me is
    to force a power down by holding the power button. Wait 10 seconds and power up. Usually, the first time I do this it goes back into the endless spinning dots. I wait 5 minutes or so to confirm that it is stuck again at which point I do another cycle of
    forced power down and power on. So far, I am finding the second time it makes it through the boot cycle and completes the upgrade.

Hopefully, this works for others. Certainly, Microsoft has to improve this upgrade process, because people are going to circumvent automatic upgrade.

mfbrown, Nov 26, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

1st Clock? TClock? Since the anniversary update swapped the position of the clock and the action centre notifications a lot of older 'clock' substitutes have had this problem. Some ideas in this thread back around the release of the AU....
    How to change width of clock display

5. Dr Nick Win User
    Actually I was using 12-Ghosts Complete 'Show time' v9 which was built for XP, and did of course work OK in XPmode. Until this Anniversary Update. Frankly Notifications seem pretty unimportant compared to an easily readable useful Date + Time. I cannot as yet see how to hack Registry (although that seems a very promissing line). Can one just remove this update? What I really want from updates is bug resolution and security Updates, with only an offer of things like Notifications. Are you listening Microsoft!!!?

Dr Nick, Nov 28, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    You could put the 'Long Date' on the taskbar:

Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 28, 2016
  7. Dr Nick Win User
    This is a very clever idea and nearly solves the problem - I now have a box that gives date and hour, but I have to abreviate the year and it does not give seconds. I will have to live with that until a better hack appears. Many thanks Edwin! *Smile

Dr Nick, Nov 28, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, forgive my curiosity, I've just tried running Tclock 64 bits without doing anything otherwise:

Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size [​IMG]

Looks ok to me- here's where I downloaded it (I used the zip file):
    Releases · White-Tiger/T-Clock · GitHub

Exit Tclock: (29/11/16 is ok too with default Windows clock)

dalchina, Nov 28, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    The bottom image of Dalchina's shows the same as mine [without the Language bit] but I do have to keep in mind that some of the 'customizations' I've done after a build update get set back to Default at the next update, have to do them again as I desire but usually does not take long except for the remembering of what I did.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size - Similar Threads - Anniversary Upgrade has

2. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  3. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  4. Windows desktop has small black box on it, unable to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows desktop has small black box on it, unable to remove: Hi I am using a dual monitor set up. The main monitor is connected to a RX 470 GPU. Whenever I start the PC a small black box opens up and will not go away. It can be resized but not selected by right click and left click. I have updated Windows 10 and run "sfc/scannow"/...
  5. Taskbar/small buttons keeps date in time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar/small buttons keeps date in time: According to other devices if small buttons are set for taskbar, date is omitted in calendar system tray component. [ATTACH] What is the problem here?...
  6. How to make Microsoft Edge Print dialogue Box size small

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Microsoft Edge Print dialogue Box size small: Given command for print in Edge is opening the Print Dialogue Box on full page (screenshot attached). Sometimes the the taskbar overlap the print button. Is there a way to open this box in small size. [img] 27532
  7. Forced update to anniversary

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced update to anniversary: I have a dualboot laptop that I mostly use with Linux. In the second partition I installed Win10 professional rather than home for the explicit reason that I wanted to block all updates (after having it update once), reason being that I didn't want to be bothered by constant...
  8. Anniversary Update issues with small devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update issues with small devices: Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been trying for many hours over the past week, mainly with the help of several Microsoft Support technicians. I terminated the last...
  9. Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade: I have a situation which I am totally unable to explain. I have a Dell 1750 notebook and a Dell 660s. Both run the 32-bit Windows 10 on a 64-bit hardware architecture. The only significant difference in installed software is that the Dell-660s has Microsoft Flight...
  10. Taskbar buttons using small and large size at same time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons using small and large size at same time.: Welp, I can't seem to fix this one out of nowhere my taskbar icons are as show in the picture are using the small setting for most and the correct big setting for like two now. Swapping the setting does nothing besides making them all small as intended then going back it...