Windows 10: Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel

Discus and support Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are excited to announce a new and exciting update to Get & Transform Data capabilities in Excel – PDF data connector! This has been one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/1569202

:)

Brink, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Preview of New Data Import and Shaping Experience in Excel

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-ffdf8bd117af

Brink, Aug 6, 2020
  3. heavenlee Win User
    Import Data from Excel Cell to Word 2007

Not by copy / paste ... I'm looking to import data automatically from a cell in Excel 2007 to my word document. ie [G:\HRSC\Organization\Reporting\HRSC Statistics.xls] Sheet4!$I$53 to go to a specific location in my Word document.
    My boss likes his data in narrative form but the spreadsheet must remain for other people to have easy data access. So if I want my word 2007 document to say we have 5500 calls per day, that information would come from [G:\HRSC\Organization\Reporting\HRSC Statistics.xls] Sheet4!$I$53 so every time I update that location in my excel sheet i can then open my word document and it will reflect the changes automatically.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to figure this out for days. Thanks.

heavenlee, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Rohn007 Win User

How to extract data from pdf CVs

You have 3 problems to deal with.

First, you need to extract the text from the PDF. That is called OCR, Optical Character Recognition.

Second you have to move the data into the right order to load it into Access. I'm afraid that is most likely going to be a manual process. My guess is that Excel is the best place to paste the data, it will be easiest to move from their to Access

Third, load data from Excel to Access:

**** # 1 ******************************

MS claims that Word 2016 can do OCR. But that is a marketing "exaggeration" (Li*!). But one that you can try to take advantage of. Word can only "extract" text from PDFs that have been saved in a specific format. So you can open the PDF in Word and then try
    to copy the text. Most of the time it won't work, but it may work sometimes.

OneNote in MS Office does include a simple OCR feature. Inserting a PDF into OneNote doesn't work, but maybe if you print to OneNote it will. I tried it with one PDF and it worked. After printing to OneNote, right click on the PDF, select "copy text ...", then
    paste into a blank Word document.

Then you can copy and paste the individual data into a spreadsheet, one row per person, as many columns as required.

**** # 2 *************************************

Or you can try finding a tool that will directly convert PDF to Excel. You will have to search the web. There are free and paid tools. I suggest you don't bother using online conversion services. You don't want to be exposing peoples personal data on the internet.

Here are a couple of examples of tools that claim to be able to convert PDF to Excel. I haven't tried them personally.

OCR Convert PDF File to Excel March 15, 2012
    http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2012/03/15...

When I got back to my office after a recent vacation, there was an email from Una, about a PDF to Excel conversion service, that she asked me to try. There was also a...

OCR PDF with Excel
    http://dmcritchie.mvps.org/excel/pdf.htm

Transferring data from PDF files with Adobe or Adobe Reader into Excel.

**** # 3 **************************

After you get the data into Excel, you can load it into Access in various ways. Here is one link as an example:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/exchan...

Rohn007, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel - Similar Threads - Announcing data import

2. Print to PDF from Excel on A2 Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF from Excel on A2 Size: Hello , I have now finished an excel sheet but it is a big one that needs minimally to be printed on A2 size , but first I need to prepare it print to PDF in order to take it with me on a USB drive , maintaining all my formats and colors and ... etc , just as I've made the...
  3. -Windows 11: importing Data from source Windows explorer directory file to excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    -Windows 11: importing Data from source Windows explorer directory file to excel: Hi can anyone help please. I have windows 11 and am trying to import data from the source windows explorer folder named music :setup as Name/ Title/ #/ Contributing artist/ Album? Length/ Size/ Type eg MP3 I found Karl Timmermans answer to another query which helped how to...
  4. -Windows 11: importing Data from source Windows explorer directory file to excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    -Windows 11: importing Data from source Windows explorer directory file to excel: Hi can anyone help please. I have windows 11 and am trying to import data from the source windows explorer folder named music :setup as Name/ Title/ #/ Contributing artist/ Album? Length/ Size/ Type eg MP3 I found Karl Timmermans answer to another query which helped how to...
  5. Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents: Suddenly today on my wifes Windows 11 PC most of her documents had a brown File box over the bottom left corner of a document and most she can no longer openShe does not use one drive, uses dropboxreceives an error message when trying to open them...
  6. Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents: Suddenly today on my wifes Windows 11 PC most of her documents had a brown File box over the bottom left corner of a document and most she can no longer openShe does not use one drive, uses dropboxreceives an error message when trying to open them...
  7. I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document: Last spring I needed to incorporate spreadsheet data in a Word 2016 document. Specifically, I tried to copy a row of numbers into a column in a table in the Word document. It failed. Then I copied those numbers into Notepad and arrayed them in a column. I was able to copy...
  8. Beware Court cases pending importing data into EXCEL etc.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Beware Court cases pending importing data into EXCEL etc.: Hi folks. just a little warning about how GREEDY some companies are getting now. Say you import data from an ORACLE database into EXCEL or ms SQL type db - then Oracle is now running COURT CASES saying that as you are using OUR DATA you have to pay to import into say...
  9. Excel Gurus - Import data from the web with continuous update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Gurus - Import data from the web with continuous update: Hi folks anybody know an easy way to get data (in particular Stock data) from the internet, insert into a spreadsheet and continuously (or every so often) refresh and update the data. It's simple to get data from web but I'm not sure what I need to do to keep updating...
  10. Announcing Preview of New Data Import and Shaping Experience in Excel

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Preview of New Data Import and Shaping Experience in Excel: Hi Insiders and greetings from the Excel team! Excel 2016 includes a powerful set of tools called Get & Transform. These tools, which are based on Power Query technology, enable you to easily connect, combine, and shape data coming from a variety of sources. We introduced...