Windows 10: Announcing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 general availability

Discus and support Announcing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 general availability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we are announcing the general availability of BizTalk Server 2016. With this release, customers would benefit from new hybrid application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 general availability

Source: Announcing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 general availability Hybrid Cloud Blog

:)

Brink, Nov 30, 2016

2. Biztalk 2013 enterprise or standard

There is a dedicated BizTalk forum, you should post there:

Msdn forums - BizTalk Server General

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Biztalk 2013 enterprise or standard

OK i have had my answer by a talk with a mvp.

I attached his blog here, for the people who can fall on this question and find it useful.

SANDRO PEREIRA BIZTALK BLOG – My notes about Enterprise Integration: BizTalk Server, Azure Service Bus, Logic Apps, API Management and everything Integration related.

his answer was this one, and it answers completely to my question:

Standard edition has a limitation of 5 Applications but you need to understand the concept of applications in BizTalk –

What Is a BizTalk Application? - BizTalk Server :

“The BizTalk application is a feature of BizTalk Server that makes it quicker and easier to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot BizTalk Server business
    solutions. A BizTalk application is a logical grouping of the items, called “artifacts,” used in a BizTalk Server business solution. Artifacts are described in more detail later in this topic.”

This means you can only have 5 logic containers of BizTalk Artifacts, however inside that application (or logical container) you can have unlimited artifacts: ports, schemas, orchestration and so on.

Also, there is no association between Visual Studio project and a BizTalk Application, i.e., you can have several different BizTalk Visual Studio Solutions deployed to the same BizTalk Application.

Nevertheless, Standard edition have other important limitations that you need to be aware:

• Limited to 8 Cores, single server

• Single Message Box

You can have a look to the BizTalk Server 2013 Licensing Datasheet
    and FAQ
    for more details

So if you have 5 orchestrations (flows) with 5 file transfer by ftp per example you can deploy them in the same BizTalk Application or divide them in a maximum number of 5 BizTalk Applications and you will
    pay $2,485 per Core License (in a max limit of 8 cores)… so if you have a machine with 4 cores you will pay $9,940.

If you have 100 orchestrations (flows) with 100 file transfer you still pay the same if you divide/deploy them in a maximum number of 5 BizTalk Applications.

Standard edition will not allow you to create more that 5 BizTalk application – logical containers

I hope this will be quite usefull for everybody and thx agains to Sandro and his blog.

regards,

fred

FREDERIC_GARCIA, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

Announcing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 general availability

1. Announcing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 general availability - Similar Threads - Announcing Microsoft BizTalk

2. related to Biztalk server 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    related to Biztalk server 2016: Hi ,I need to know , whether Biztalk 2016 with AlwaysON ,will support adding a new DB cluster node which is not in the existing network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-biztalk-server-2016/c8686d24-67ae-438b-8d6b-ebae43cb4833
  3. related to Biztalk server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    related to Biztalk server 2016: Hi ,I need to know , whether Biztalk 2016 with AlwaysON ,will support adding a new DB cluster node which is not in the existing network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-biztalk-server-2016/c8686d24-67ae-438b-8d6b-ebae43cb4833
  4. related to Biztalk server 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Announcing Microsoft Edge WebView2 General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Edge WebView2 General Availability: Today, we are excited to announce that Microsoft Edge WebView2 for Win32 C/C++ is generally available and ready for use in production applications! With today’s announcement, we are officially releasing a forward-compatible WebView2 SDK along with...
  6. Microsoft announces generally available release of PowerShell 7.0

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces generally available release of PowerShell 7.0: Today, we’re happy to announce the Generally Available (GA) release of PowerShell 7.0! Before anything else, we’d like to thank our many, many open-source contributors for making this release possible by submitting code, tests, documentation, and issue...
  7. Microsoft announces general availability of Desktop Analytics

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces general availability of Desktop Analytics: Today, we’re thrilled to announce the general availability of Desktop Analytics—the cloud-connected service that integrates with System Center Configuration Manager to help IT professionals take a data-driven approach to their management of Windows endpoints. Since announcing...
  8. Windows Server 2019 - Announcing general availability in October 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019 - Announcing general availability in October 2018: I am thrilled to be back at Ignite this year! Over the last two years, I’ve had the pleasure to announce major releases of Windows Server. Two years ago, it was the launch of Windows Server 2016. Last year, it was the first release in the Semi-Annual Channel, Window Server,...
  9. SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 generally available

in Windows 10 News
    SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 generally available: Microsoft is pleased to announce the availability of SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1 (SP1). With SQL Server 2016 SP1, we are making key innovations more accessible to developers and organizations across all SQL Server editions, so it will be easier than ever to build advanced...
  10. Microsoft Windows Server 2016 hits general availability

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Server 2016 hits general availability: Microsoft is making available the release-to-manufacturing bits of Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 today, October 12th 2016. Microsoft officials said at the company's recent Ignite conference that customers should be able to get the final Windows Server 2016...