Announcing .NET Framework 4.6

Discus and support Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We're excited to announce the RTM releases of .NET Framework 4.6 and Visual Studio 2015 today. You can read about the new features or leave that for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

:)

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Waseemulla S Win User

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Polimatio Win User
    Error 0x80073CF3 when reinstalling Windows 10 preinstalled apps

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Are you saying I should reinstall the .NET Framework?

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 which has the .NET Framework 4.6 included. In fact I have all of the following:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Multi-Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack (ENU)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Multi-Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Multi-Targeting Pack (ENU)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 SDK

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Targeting Pack (ENU)

Version 4.6.1 is a Release Candidate according to that article and I don't think it's needed to run the applications I'm having trouble with.

Trying to reinstall version 4.6 on a Windows 10 machine results in the following (as expected):

Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 [​IMG]

Polimatio, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

As a regular, average, user can I download and install .NET Framework 4.6 or is this something for developers only?

Thank you *Smile

EDIT:

I've tried to install it - out of curiosity - on build 10240 and this is what I got :

Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 [​IMG]

Joanne, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joanne,

.NET Framework 4.6 is already a part of Windows 10, but yes you could download and install it as an end user on Windows 7 and 8. *Smile

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Ah, okay, I see.

Thank you.

*Smile

Joanne, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    Is there an offline installer link for .NET Framework 4.6?

Nemix, Jul 24, 2015
  8. Lomai Win User
  9. dhjohns Win User
    dhjohns, Jul 24, 2015
  10. dhjohns Win User
    This should be in the Windows 8 section. Why direct to something that we already have?

dhjohns, Jul 24, 2015
  11. endeavor Win User
    I wouldn't of known it was available unless I saw it in this post though, and while I do have Windows 7 & 8 and do use them, actually I'm posting using 7 right now, but I don't visit those forums that often. I'm not trying to make excuses, just saying a maybe.

endeavor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 - Similar Threads - Announcing NET Framework

2. 0x80073CF9 couldn't install. we'll retry shortly. state of decay 2 and gears of war 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073CF9 couldn't install. we'll retry shortly. state of decay 2 and gears of war 4: I can download anything else from microsoft store, but xbox games pass games stopped working after I reinstalled windows three days ago I can press retry and it downloads a little for about 20 seconds then does it again, so maybe if I sat here all day and kept clicking it...
  3. Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher: I just got a new laptop and I need to install several programs. However when I go to install them the installer pauses on the installation of .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. It will give me a separate window saying that the program needs access to a specific feature but wont...
  4. Introducing Driver Module Framework

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Driver Module Framework: The Microsoft Devices team is excited to announce the release of an open source framework for Windows driver developers — Driver Module Framework (DMF). With DMF, not only can you easily develop simple and structured Windows Driver Framework (WDF) drivers but also share code...
  5. Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100 - 1st 3GPP compliant 5G modem

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100 - 1st 3GPP compliant 5G modem: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that it has developed Exynos Modem 5100, the industry’s first 5G modem that is fully compatible with 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 15 (Rel.15), the most...
  6. Announcing Windows Admin Center Preview 1808

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Admin Center Preview 1808: Hello Windows Insiders! Thank you for your continued interest in the Windows Admin Center insider preview! If you are new to the preview, check out the previous posts for the 1806 and 1807 releases. Release Summary Much of the work in this release was under the hood – we...
  7. Announcing Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview Build 17733 - August 14

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview Build 17733 - August 14: Release notes not available yet. Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...rpreviewserver 115974
  8. Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?: So my laptop is never slow on normal usage, but when I play heavy games like CS:GO it really lags. The framerate drops so much, to the point where I can't even move in the game without bumping into enemies and objects. Now, I know I don't have a gaming laptop (see the...
  9. I have 4 windows10 system....none work correctly

I have 4 windows10 system....none work correctly: My little home/office uses 3 desk-top computes. All had windows 7 Pro as of 2014. Update to windows 8 (later8.1) on all. No one liked 8/8.1 OS. On July 29th, 2015 we updated to windows 10 for free. I actually have one system for back up to the other 3, so I updated that one...
  10. Microsoft HD-3000 LifeCam using Windows 10 on a SurfacePro 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft HD-3000 LifeCam using Windows 10 on a SurfacePro 4?: Is there a way to enable an external (USB Connection) Microsoft HD-3000 LifeCam using Windows 10 on a SurfacePro 4? I would like to use this camera for training videos. Thanks....