Windows 10: Announcing .NET Framework 4.6

Discus and support Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We're excited to announce the RTM releases of .NET Framework 4.6 and Visual Studio 2015 today. You can read about the new features or leave that for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing .NET Framework 4.6

Read more: Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

:)

Brink, Jul 19, 2015

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Polimatio Win User
    Error 0x80073CF3 when reinstalling Windows 10 preinstalled apps

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Are you saying I should reinstall the .NET Framework?

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 which has the .NET Framework 4.6 included. In fact I have all of the following:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Multi-Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack (ENU)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Multi-Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Multi-Targeting Pack (ENU)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 SDK

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Targeting Pack

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Targeting Pack (ENU)

Version 4.6.1 is a Release Candidate according to that article and I don't think it's needed to run the applications I'm having trouble with.

Trying to reinstall version 4.6 on a Windows 10 machine results in the following (as expected):

Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 [​IMG]

Polimatio, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

As a regular, average, user can I download and install .NET Framework 4.6 or is this something for developers only?

Thank you *Smile

EDIT:

I've tried to install it - out of curiosity - on build 10240 and this is what I got :

Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 [​IMG]

Joanne, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joanne,

.NET Framework 4.6 is already a part of Windows 10, but yes you could download and install it as an end user on Windows 7 and 8. *Smile

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Ah, okay, I see.

Thank you.

*Smile

Joanne, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    Is there an offline installer link for .NET Framework 4.6?

Nemix, Jul 24, 2015
  8. Lomai Win User
  9. dhjohns Win User
    dhjohns, Jul 24, 2015
  10. dhjohns Win User
    This should be in the Windows 8 section. Why direct to something that we already have?

dhjohns, Jul 24, 2015
  11. endeavor Win User
    I wouldn't of known it was available unless I saw it in this post though, and while I do have Windows 7 & 8 and do use them, actually I'm posting using 7 right now, but I don't visit those forums that often. I'm not trying to make excuses, just saying a maybe.

endeavor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 - Similar Threads - Announcing NET Framework

2. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 6

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 6: We are happy to release .NET 6 Preview 6. Preview 6 is the second to last preview before we enter the RC period. There will be two RCs. This release itself is relatively small, while Preview 7 will be bigger. After that, we’re down to quality fixes until the final...
  3. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 3

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 3: Today, we are delighted to release .NET 6 Preview 3. This release is dedicated almost entirely to low-level performance features. These are the types of improvements that many folks don’t necessarily always fully appreciate, but they help a lot for many apps. Most...
  4. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 2: Today, we are glad to release .NET 6 Preview 2. It includes new APIs, runtime performance improvements, and early builds of .NET MAUI. It also includes builds for Apple Silicon, which were missing for Preview 1. After the announcement of the overall .NET 6 release, we’re...
  5. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1: Today, we are happy to deliver the first preview of .NET 6 and share what you can expect from the new release. We have been defining the overall shape of the release for the last few months, including a large set of new experiences and capabilities. The heart of .NET 6 is...
  6. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  7. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  8. Announcing the .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview: Announcing the .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview We are pleased to announce the .NET Framework Preview 4.6.2. You can download the release from one of the following links: •.NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview – Standalone •.NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview – Web Bootstrapper •.NET...
  9. Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7 General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7 General Availability: Today, we are announcing the general availability of the .NET Framework 4.7. The .NET Framework 4.7 was released as part of Windows 10 Creators Update a month ago. You can now install the .NET Framework 4.7 on other versions of Windows. You can download the .NET Framework...
  10. Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7.2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7.2: Today, we are happy to announce the release of the .NET Framework 4.7.2. It’s included in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. .NET Framework 4.7.2 is also available on Windows 7+ and Windows Server 2008 R2+. You can download the .NET Framework 4.7.2 Web Installer Offline...