Windows 10: Announcing new DirectX 12 features

Discus and support Announcing new DirectX 12 features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve come a long way since we launched DirectX 12 with Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. Since then, we’ve heard every bit of feedback and improved the API... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing new DirectX 12 features

Source: Announcing new DirectX 12 features DirectX Developer Blog

:)

Brink, Nov 7, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

direrctx 12

Microsoft will announce when DirectX 12 is ready.

BulldogXX, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Why was 10 released?

Hello,

Windows 10 provides new features as working with DixectX 12:

DirectX 12

PowerShell is 5.0:

Archive Removal Jump Page

And much more new advantages, features etc.

Ivaylo Nikolov, Nov 7, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Nice but too bad DX12 isn't used that much.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 7, 2017
  5. dskiller Win User
    *Rolleyes they should work more on dx11.
    I remember dx9 getting updated almost every month.
    dx11 has just as many issues as dx12.

dskiller, Nov 7, 2017
  6. BugMeister, Nov 7, 2017
  7. DX12 has so much to offer why use it? Game developers should focus more on DX12 and Vulkan and stop using DX9.0c

RoasterMen, Nov 7, 2017
  8. Announcing new DirectX 12 features

Hi,
    Game makers are in business to sell... games
    They have obviously been waiting for a bigger audience to make it worth it
    As far as older games making them dx12 capable is a completely different animal and probably isn't worth the work seeing game popularity comes and goes with the wind *Smile
    Pretty much why new games are likely to be dx12 ready.

ThrashZone, Nov 7, 2017
  9. Faith Win User
    The thing about DX12, and other low-level API's, is that they are heavily developer biased. Meaning that if the developer is inexperienced the game is proned to have stability issues (memory leaks, code errors, premature crashes etc). Just look at Nixxes, a company who have implemented DX12 in PC games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, both games suffers from stability issues on modern hardware (they are well documented). Another example, Turn 10, the leading in-house company at Microsoft doesn't get their own API right. Forza 7 is a hot mess on PC due to DX12 (On release at least, maybe it's better today I dunno). DX12 is also one of those API's that doesn't work on systems other than W10 even if it's capable of, while Vulkan works on Windows 7 and 8. DX12 is also pretty boring compared to what DX11 did. It doesn't give anything new visually other than performance, which top-tier machines doesn't really benefit from, especially not Nvidia cards due to lack of hardware implemented asynchronous compute. DX12 is still premature in my opinion, hopefully it will get better in the future with more support.

Faith, Nov 7, 2017
  10. And GTX 600 series up to 900 didn't know how to work with A-sync Compute,even nvidia 10 series still having some problems with DX12 features,graphically deference betwen DX11 and DX12 is minimal,and performance is worse on DX12 on my gpu GTX 960,generally there are no real reason to devs to abandon DX11 and make "exclusive DX12 games",maybe after 3-4 years hardware will be complety ready to take full advantajes of DX12,until that DX11 still rocks.

MariusPetran, Nov 7, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    While I agree with some of the stuff you say (mainly DX12 is limited to Windows 10, and that Deus EX: Mankind Divided is a hot mess, have the game), I have to ague that game programming is not easy, and time constraints and budget limitation can also be a major cause for game issues, as well as laziness on the game coders behalf, and not DX12 itself.

As for support, that comes with time, experience, and a change of paradigms in the gaming industry. Is it the answer, I don't know, but I do know if you're going to use it, take your time and use it correctly.

Regardless, I'd highly recommend some here actually read the article to gain a better understanding of what's going on instead of getting emotionally charged on an issue of misunderstanding.

My two cents.

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2017
  12. Faith Win User
    Sure, budget limitations and time constraints are major keys in game development, aswell as experience, but when Turn 10 - an in-house development team at Microsoft - has the time and resources available to make good use of the API, is one of the worst optimized DX12 title on release, it brings up questions. I'm positive that DX12 will get more support, but the main issue is the OS limitation. Developers will simply not choose Windows 10 as the only OS for a game if the market doesn't shift, and resources will give issues to a multi-API solution for majority of smaller developers.

Faith, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Announcing new DirectX 12 features - Similar Threads - Announcing DirectX features

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  3. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  4. Microsoft announces DirectX 12 Agility SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces DirectX 12 Agility SDK: We’re excited to unveil the DirectX 12 Agility SDK, an update that will allow devs to adopt the newest DirectX 12 graphics features faster than ever before. With the Agility SDK, developers can now add the newest DirectX 12 features to their games, and gamers can...
  5. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  6. Directx 12 and level feature 10.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 and level feature 10.0: I installed Valorant since I can play in the closed beta, but it pops up the error message of "Dx 11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" even though I have Dx12 with 10.0 as one of the levels. I've updated windows with any additional updates that were optional...
  7. Announcing DirectX 12 Ultimate

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing DirectX 12 Ultimate: [ATTACH] It is time for DirectX to evolve once again. From the team that has brought PC and Console gamers the latest in graphics innovation for nearly 25 years, we are beyond pleased to bring gamers DirectX 12 Ultimate, the culmination of the best graphics technology...
  8. Dev preview of new DirectX 12 features available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Dev preview of new DirectX 12 features available in Windows 10: In this blog post, we will preview a suite of new DirectX 12 features, including DirectX Raytracing tier 1.1, Mesh Shader, and Sampler Feedback. We will briefly explain what each feature is and how it will improve the gaming experience. In subsequent weeks, we will publish...
  9. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544
  10. New DirectX 12 features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    New DirectX 12 features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: We’ve come a long way since we launched DirectX 12 with Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. Since then, we’ve heard every bit of feedback and improved the API to enhance stability and offer more versatility. Today, developers using DirectX 12 can build games that have better...