Windows 10: Announcing New OneDrive for Business feature: Files Restore

Discus and support Announcing New OneDrive for Business feature: Files Restore in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Keeping your files safe and secure our top priority. With 100+ data centers and Microsoft’s global network edge—combined with compliance standards, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing New OneDrive for Business feature: Files Restore

Source: Announcing New OneDrive for Business feature: Files Restore - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Jan 15, 2018

2. A kinda 'time-line-for One Drive', I reckon? *Smile

:)

RingTailCoon, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    OneDrive Personal recovery from Ransomware

Ciao,

I'm Ugo, a Microsoft Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Regarding your question, I'm sorry to be the one that brings bad news (please don't shoot the messenger): feature is not available in OneDrive Personal (not even in the Premium version).

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive...

OneDrive Personal is not upgradable to OneDrive for Business (part of Office 365 plans) and, even if it was, there was no chance to retroactively recover your files (technically impossible).

As a (slower) workaroun, you can try to restore your files one by one, as this feature is available in OneDrive personal as well.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/restor...

Please let me know if this helped somehow.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Jan 15, 2018
  4. SHO NUT Win User

OneDrive Personal recovery from Ransomware

I was recently hit by the David Ransomware, which encrypted my Personal OneDrive via the files that were sync'd locally. I also have Office 365 for Business, which has a separate (unaffected) OneDrive for Business. With my OneDrive for Business, I can
    restore my OneDrive to a previous point in time (such as before the encryption) using the 'Restore my OneDrive' feature under settings.

Does this 'Restore my OneDrive' feature exist in Office 365 Personal with Premium OneDrive Features? If so, I could gladly upgrade my Personal account to Office 365 Personal to use this feature. I've already inquired with the Office 365 Business team, who
    advised that my Personal account cannot be upgraded to a Business account.

Thanks.

SHO NUT, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Announcing New OneDrive for Business feature: Files Restore - Similar Threads - Announcing OneDrive Business

2. Google announces 6 new Android features

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces 6 new Android features: [ATTACH] With the holidays around the corner, we’re sharing six new Google features for Android—a few more ways your phone gets more helpful over time, even outside of major OS updates. Whether you’re texting holiday greetings to loved...
  3. OneDrive Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  4. Microsoft announces new Seeing AI features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces new Seeing AI features: [ATTACH] By Saqib Shaikh, Software Engineering Manager and Project Lead for Seeing AI Seeing AI provides people who are blind or with low vision an easier way to understand the world around them through the cameras on their smartphones. Whether in a room, on a street, in a...
  5. New features in Outlook mobile app for business

in Windows 10 News
    New features in Outlook mobile app for business: Three years ago, we launched Outlook mobile with a mission to deliver the best on-the-go email and calendar app, one that combines delightful customer experiences with enterprise-grade security. To serve an ever more mobile and distributed workforce, today we are announcing...
  6. Microsoft announces new OneDrive feature for Windows users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces new OneDrive feature for Windows users: Microsoft today announced that it is rolling out a new feature for its OneDrive app for Windows users. The new feature Known Folder Move allows users to automatically move their stored data in known folders to OneDrive. Users with data stored in Desktop, Documents, Pictures...
  7. Announcing end-to-end security features in Windows 10 for Businesses

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing end-to-end security features in Windows 10 for Businesses: Part 1: Next generation security coming to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update The Microsoft mindset is a security mindset. Our goal is to ensure customer safety as the security threat landscape continues to grow increasingly more sophisticated and adversaries are more...
  8. Announcing Windows Update for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Update for Business: Today at Ignite, I had the pleasure of sharing how we’ve designed Windows Update for Business to empower IT Professionals to keep the Windows devices in their organization always up to date with the latest security defenses and Windows features. Windows Update for Business...
  9. New security features for Microsoft 365 Business

in Windows 10 News
    New security features for Microsoft 365 Business: Many small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are concerned about their ability to protect their business from cyberattacks and keep their data safe—but lack basic protection against the most common threats. Recently, we conducted a survey of SMBs and found that 71 percent...
  10. Announcing new DirectX 12 features

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing new DirectX 12 features: We’ve come a long way since we launched DirectX 12 with Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. Since then, we’ve heard every bit of feedback and improved the API to enhance stability and offer more versatility. Today, developers using DirectX 12 can build games that have better...