Windows 10: Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10

Discus and support Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...ouncing-wsl-2/

See also: Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10

Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, May 6, 2019

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 6, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Error 0x80070003 Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when distros are not stored on your system driver or if your system is in lower build and also if Windows Subsystem for Linux is not enabled, you can follow the instruction from the article
    Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    and check if this helps you.

You can also Manually download Windows Subsystem for Linux distro packages
    and install it.

If you need any further assistance, I suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet
    forums where you will find support engineers who are well equipped with the knowledge and help you fix the issue.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Announcing Subsystem Linux

2. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade: Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)'' is expected to launch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-subsystem-for-linux-2-wsl2/c6045de9-7177-4290-89bb-afe853adaa94
  4. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for testing Windows 10 PTP Client

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for testing Windows 10 PTP Client: Hi Folks, Program Manager Dan Cuomo here to chat about setting up one of the most important new features outlined in #10 on our Top 10 Networking features in Windows Server 2019, Precision Time Protocol (PTP). As a quick refresher, you can visualize the benefit of PTP...
  6. Linux Subsystem for Windows

Linux Subsystem for Windows: I wanted to install ubuntu on my windows but I keep getting this error. Any work around? thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-subsystem-for-windows/813223fc-ff0a-410f-b761-efa28a1df384
  7. WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: 11/11/2018 I have windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.37 In powershell as administrator, I run the command: enable-windowsoptionalfeature -online -featurename microsoft-windows-subsystem-linux and receive error: enable-windowsoptionalfeature : the referenced...
  8. WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM FOR LINUX

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM FOR LINUX: please help, how to clean remove windows subsystem for linux, i have already installed kali linux distro, and have many apps installed on it, which mean also already opening the port on laptop, now i want unistalled them all, included the apps. if i using "lxrun /uninstall"...
  9. Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise: Recently, customers in an enterprise environment have asked if there is a way to install WSL without an internet connection. These companies had some machines that would benefit from having WSL, but don't have an internet connection for security, logistics, or other reasons....
  10. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...