Windows 10: Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10

Discus and support Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...ouncing-wsl-2/

See also: Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10

Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, May 6, 2019

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 6, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Error 0x80070003 Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when distros are not stored on your system driver or if your system is in lower build and also if Windows Subsystem for Linux is not enabled, you can follow the instruction from the article
    Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    and check if this helps you.

You can also Manually download Windows Subsystem for Linux distro packages
    and install it.

If you need any further assistance, I suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet
    forums where you will find support engineers who are well equipped with the knowledge and help you fix the issue.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Announcing Subsystem Linux

2. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL: I’m having trouble with the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to open WSL, it automatically closes within a second. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the WSL feature, but the issue persists. Can anyone provide guidance on how to...
  3. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL: I’m having trouble with the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to open WSL, it automatically closes within a second. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the WSL feature, but the issue persists. Can anyone provide guidance on how to...
  4. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 subsystem linux wsl on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 subsystem linux wsl on desktop: Has anyone been able to get the sub-system Linux to run on Windows 10 desktop? I have followed different tutorials but to date none of them have actually opened Ubuntu in Windows 10. Just curious to know if it can be made to work....
  6. windows 10 subsystem linux wsl on desktop

windows 10 subsystem linux wsl on desktop: Has anyone been able to get the sub-system Linux to run on Windows 10 desktop? I have followed different tutorials but to date none of them have actually opened Ubuntu in Windows 10. Just curious to know if it can be made to work....
  7. New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10: Note: This blog post is co-authored by the awesome WSL dev Pierre Boulay. Thanks Pierre! We’ve just shipped the 5.10.16.3 WSL 2 Linux kernel version to Windows Insiders which brings exciting new changes: Support for the LUKS disk encryption, and some...
  8. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)'' is expected to launch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-subsystem-for-linux-2-wsl2/c6045de9-7177-4290-89bb-afe853adaa94
  9. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  10. WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: 11/11/2018 I have windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.37 In powershell as administrator, I run the command: enable-windowsoptionalfeature -online -featurename microsoft-windows-subsystem-linux and receive error: enable-windowsoptionalfeature : the referenced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wsl 2 install