Windows 10: Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI

Discus and support Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Build 2018, I outlined our approach to helping you be more productive when developing apps, including the introduction of .NET Core 3.0. We also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI

Source: Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI at Microsoft Connect(); 2018 - Windows Developer Blog

See also: .NET Core 3 Preview 1 and Open Source Windows Desktop Frameworks - Windows 10 Forums

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Dec 4, 2018
  2. MrSeanKon Win User

Enable visual styles in WPF application

EUREKA!

Steps:
    1) I made a Windows form (HostWPF namespace, Form1 is the form).
    2) I added a reference => System.Windows.Forms.Integration which contains classes that enable interoperation between the Windows Forms and WPF technologies. When you use System.Windows.Forms.Integration classes, you can host Windows Forms controls on WPF pages, and WPF elements in Windows Forms-based applications.
    3) Then added a control (damn Vi$ual $tudio 2010 does not allow to add a WPF window) but after adding I edited the XMAL code in the way I want *Wink Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI ;)
    4) The next steps are simple. Download the first attachment. But => see the photo.
    It crashes!!!!!
    5) Finally???
    We must use System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(); command because the WPF window behaves like a classical Windows Form.
    Download the second attachment. Note that the Windows form's name is Initial.
    Enjoy!

MrSeanKon, Dec 4, 2018
  3. MrSeanKon Win User
    Terminate WPF/Windows forms applications....

WPF has no concept of MDI applications. In fact Microsoft is trying to discourage any one using that form of application. I'm new to WPF and I really like MDI applications. It allows me to move quickly between windows and compare the content of different windows. Furthermore, sometime the content of one window is useful for another so I can copy and paste. I think it's a great user experience for working mode.
    To continue, download the attachment!
    It includes two folders, they are very simple code.
    The point is how you can terminate an application (Windows Form and WPF).

MrSeanKon, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI

Terminate WPF/Windows forms applications....

Application.Shutdown Method (System.Windows)

Application.Current.Shutdown()

WPF is just a displayer of data. If you want to "compare the content" then you should compare the underlying, databound collections. Copying and pasting is also performed via the databound collections.

Edit: Technically the correct method to terminate an application is to end all threads...

In console programs, the thread that runs the console is the main thread. Close the application by making sure nothing is keeping the main thread open (e.g. Console.ReadKey() or close all worker threads).

In WinForms and WPF programs, the thread that runs the main form is the main thread. Call this.Close() from within the form to gracefully terminate the application. If there are worker threads that are busy, make sure to close them before calling this.Close().

All applications gracefully terminate when all their threads are closed. The only scenario where Shutdown(), Exit(), or similar should be called is in the case of major, unrecoverable error.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI

1. Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI - Similar Threads - Announcing Open Source

2. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  3. Feature Support - #WPF #WinUI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature Support - #WPF #WinUI: Hi Microsoft Team,Is it possible to get the Toast Notification with Buttons, ComboBox or other controls which can be added to it?Until Now, the Toast Notification has not seen any improvement in WPF and its stayed the same like in WinForms. Thanks and RegardsShreyas...
  4. Announcing WinUI 3 Preview 3

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing WinUI 3 Preview 3: If you tuned in to this morning’s App Development Community Standup, you know that today we released WinUI 3 Preview 3. If you want to skip the summary and head straight to the release notes and installation instructions, you can find those here. New Features...
  5. Building Windows Terminal with WinUI

in Windows 10 News
    Building Windows Terminal with WinUI: WinUI and Windows Terminal have a strong relationship that goes back to the origins of Windows Terminal. This blog post goes into the history and architecture of how these two technologies came together. History The history of WinUI and Windows Terminal goes back to...
  6. Announcing WinUI 3 Preview 2 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing WinUI 3 Preview 2 for Windows 10: At our monthly community call this morning we announced that a new preview of WinUI 3 is ready for you all to try out – WinUI 3 Preview 2! If you’re too excited to read ahead, check out the release notes here. WinUI 3 Preview 2 was a quality and...
  7. Intel and Netflix announce open source AV1 (SVT-AV1) scalable codec

in Windows 10 News
    Intel and Netflix announce open source AV1 (SVT-AV1) scalable codec: What’s New: At The National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB Show) today, Intel and Netflix* announced a new high-performance video codec that is available as open source and royalty-free to content creators, developers and service providers. Scalable Video Technology...
  8. Microsoft announces 100% integration of Office.com and Microsoft Forms

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces 100% integration of Office.com and Microsoft Forms: We are thrilled to announce 100% integration of Office.com and Microsoft Forms for our commercial and consumer customers! This means multiple ways for you to create a new form, find an existing form, or search for a form in the suite header of Office.com. To create a new...
  9. Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10: Today, we’re excited to announce that we are open sourcing Windows Calculator on GitHub under the MIT License. This includes the source code, build system, unit tests, and product roadmap. Our goal is to build an even better user experience in partnership with the community....
  10. Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code: Last year in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we introduced Eye Control, an experience that allows customers to control Windows using only their eyes. We continue to design with individuals like Steve Gleason in mind, and always challenge ourselves to build products that...