Windows 10: Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM

Discus and support Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, we announced a partnership with Collabora to build OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12, with the goal of supporting more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...ows-10-on-arm/

How to Install OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

In the works: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...rs-to-directx/

Brink, Nov 17, 2020
  3. eLPuSHeR Win User
    In the works: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12

Interesting. An one-for-all API for D3D, OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan could be very nice.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 17, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Khronos Announces OpenGL 4.0 Specifications

The Khronos group, at the Game Developers Conference, announced the OpenGL 4.0 API specifications. OpenGL 4.0 is set to rival DirectX 11 in being able to make use of hardware tessellation offered by this generation's GPUs, drawing of data generated by OpenGL, OpenCL, or other external APIs without any intervention from the CPU, support for 64-bit Double Precision Floating Point shader operations, and a number of performance improvements. OpenGL is a multi-platform API that can run on operating environments such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS, certain gaming consoles, as well as a low-resource API for mobile devices. A list of main feature changes in OpenGL 4.0 are as follows:
    • Two new shader stages that enable the GPU to offload geometry tessellation from the CPU
    • Per-sample fragment shaders and programmable fragment shader input positions for increased rendering quality and anti-aliasing flexibility
    • Drawing of data generated by OpenGL, or external APIs such as OpenCL, without CPU intervention
    • Shader subroutines for significantly increased programming flexibility;
    • Separation of texture state and texture data through the addition of a new object type called sampler objects
    • 64-bit double precision floating point shader operations and inputs/outputs for increased rendering accuracy and quality
    • Performance improvements, including instanced geometry shaders, instanced arrays, and a new timer query

“The release of OpenGL 4.0 is a major step forward in bringing state-of-the-art functionality to cross-platform graphics acceleration, and strengthens OpenGL’s leadership position as the epicenter of 3D graphics on the web, on mobile devices as well as on the desktop,” said Barthold Lichtenbelt, OpenGL ARB working group chair and senior manager Core OpenGL at NVIDIA. “NVIDIA is pleased to announce that its upcoming Fermi-based graphics accelerators will fully support OpenGL 4.0 at launch.”

“AMD sees the release of OpenGL 4.0 as another major accomplishment for the OpenGL ARB,” said Ben Bar-Haim, vice president of design engineering at AMD. “AMD contributes to the Khronos workgroups, and we consistently find that Khronos is successful at developing healthy, thriving, and evolving open standards such as OpenGL and OpenCL.”

Driver updates by NVIDIA and AMD will carry the OpenGL 4.0 installable client driver, enabling support for the API by existing and upcoming shader model 5.0 graphics processors.

Source: EarthTimes

btarunr, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM - Similar Threads - Announcing OpenCL OpenGL

2. How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?: In Adobe Photoshop HELP page, said: "Your graphics processor is not supported." If you are running Windows on an Intel-based system and have the support pack for OpenCL and OpenGL from Microsoft installed, the solution is to uninstall the support pack and restart your...
  3. How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?: In Adobe Photoshop HELP page, said: "Your graphics processor is not supported." If you are running Windows on an Intel-based system and have the support pack for OpenCL and OpenGL from Microsoft installed, the solution is to uninstall the support pack and restart your...
  4. Is Maps not compatible with ARM processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Maps not compatible with ARM processors?: I have been trying to get Maps to run on my ThinkPad X13s, when opening it. My entire screen goes black then the app shows a black square with a dot in the middle then goes blue then closes. Not sure why this is happening....
  5. Is Maps not compatible with ARM processors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Maps not compatible with ARM processors?: I have been trying to get Maps to run on my ThinkPad X13s, when opening it. My entire screen goes black then the app shows a black square with a dot in the middle then goes blue then closes. Not sure why this is happening....
  6. Windows 10: OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack released by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack released by Microsoft: Microsoft has released the app OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack to the company's Microsoft Store this week designed to allow applications to run on Windows 10 devices that don't have OpenCL or OpenGL hardware drivers installed. If DirectX 12 drivers are installed, apps...
  7. Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps: Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that it’s working on enabling support for OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers in Direct3D 12 (D3D12) for Windows 10. To enable mapping layers and address compatibility concerns when OpenCL and OpenGL hardware drivers are not present on...
  8. In the works: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12

in Windows 10 News
    In the works: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12: Building on our previous work with the D3D12 Translation Layer library as well as the D3D11On12 and D3D9On12 mapping layers, we’re happy to share that we are working on two new projects: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to D3D12. We’re excited to...
  9. Arm announces Client CPU roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Arm announces Client CPU roadmap: By Nandan Nayampally, vice president and general manager, Client Line of Business, New highlights Arm unveils its first-ever public CPU forward-looking roadmap and performance numbers Client CPU’s expected to deliver year-over-year performance improvements of >15% for...
  10. Announcing the Windows Compatibility Pack for .NET Core

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Windows Compatibility Pack for .NET Core: Porting existing code to .NET Core used to be quite hard because the available API set was very small. In .NET Core 2.0, we already made this much easier, thanks to .NET Standard 2.0. Today, we’re happy to announce that we made it even easier with the Windows Compatibility...